Independent Kinect developer Virtual Air Guitar Company have finally updated Air Guitar Warrior so that you can play a duet with Heavy Metal Zeus if you complete the game on Expert difficulty!
They have also added more features and tweaks, which you can read about in the following press release that also confirms that they are working on another new Kinect game:
Air Guitar Warrior for Kinect Update 1.1: Duet with Zeus; Fixes
Helsinki, Finland, June 8th: Virtual Air Guitar Company has announced that Update 1.1 for Air Guitar Warrior for Kinect is now available.
In this update, the game adds features that have been requested by players. You can now zoom into your poses in album covers for a closer look – take a screenshot to share with your friends! There’s also a bonus duet with Zeus as a reward for completing the game on Expert Difficulty, as well as visual indicators to show where bosses are about to attack.
Aki Kanerva, Founder and Lead Designer at Virtual Air Guitar Company, has also hinted on their next project. “We’re working on multiple projects, including a new Kinect game at the moment. Stay tuned for more announcements coming soon!
- Zoom in to album covers. Take a screenshot!
- Play a duet with Zeus! Complete the game on Expert and play level 50.
- Bosses telegraph their attacks (Normal Difficulty only).
- Better font.
- Improved aiming stability and responsiveness.
- If Kinect has trouble seeing your hands, the guitar will no longer jump up and down. Instead, the guitar will stop moving. If this happens, try holding your hands a little bit more forward.
- Increased power of Spectral Axe slow rhythm.
- Fixed rare issue where enemies could disappear.
- Improved tutorials.
- Fixed lasers sometimes not hitting enemies.
- Fixed rare crash in the middle of a level.
- Fixed rare issue where the green tutorial box would show static instead of the tutorial character.
- Player rank increases correctly even if you quit or restart a level.
- Various graphical fixes.
About Virtual Air Guitar Company
Virtual Air Guitar Company is an indie game studio based in Helsinki, Finland. Established in 2006, the company has released 12 games on platforms including PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows, created the patented FreeMotion technology, and provided motion control content and expertise for technology partners such as Intel. Air Guitar Warrior Gamepad Edition is the company’s 7th game in the ID@Xbox self-publishing programme.
- Website: http://www.virtualairguitar.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirtualAirGtr
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/virtualairguitar
You can read my review of Air Guitar Warrior, which I gave 8.2 out of 10, by clicking here.
Air Guitar Warrior is available to download on Xbox Live exclusively for Xbox One via the ID@Xbox programme, priced at £14.99 (UK) / €18.99 (EU) / $19.99 (US).