Independent VR developer MiroWin’s tongue-in-cheek, story-based, steampunk cowboy wave shooter, Guns ‘n’ Stories: Bulletproof VR, has left Early Access with official Windows Mixed Reality support. It’s available to download from Steam priced at £17.99 (UK) / €19.99 (EU) / $19.99 (US). If you want to try before you buy there’s also a DEMO available.
You can watch the launch trailer for Guns ‘n’ Stories: Bulletproof VR above and read more info in the following press release:
Guns’n’Stories: Bulletproof launched out of Steam Early Access
Kiev, Ukraine – March 8, 2018 – The independent studio MiroWin is pleased to announce that its agile and cheerful VR western shooter Guns’n’Stories: Bulletproof has today officially launched out of Steam and Oculus Early Access with jokes, shots and explosions!
The release version of the game is now available on Steam and Oculus Stores for $19,99.
The studio has released a stunning launch trailer, which can be viewed here.
“We love games and want to make a VR-gaming enjoyable and widespread. That is why we wanted to create a simple, fun and dynamic game, in which people could fall out of reality for a short time and get fresh and bright emotions that can be experienced only in childhood. Pure fun!
Our cowboys comes from Hollywood, so they do not waste time for reloading weapons, can dodge bullets and easily deal with hordes fearsome, but invariably comical enemies.
You will not be languish with the boredom and monotony of traditional westerns, because we added to the game an impressive arsenal of firearms, throwing weapons, and even futuristic weapons.
Those of you who will not skip storyline will be able to see in the game more than the “regular wave shooter.” (Take advantage of this to take a breath after the heated shootings).
We are sure that you will appreciate the diversity of locations, the jokes of old Bill and the driving soundtrack of the western and blues rock.
Yes, with unaccustomed you can get tired legs, hands and especially your fingers, but true immersion in another world must to respond to all our senses. Isn’t it?
“Mobilis in Mobili””
Since the coming to the Early Access, game has grown up and greatly transformed. The graphics and game mechanics was significantly improved. New features and game modes also was added.
The story campaign now consists of three chapters and takes place in nine different locations. Players will be able to fight with variety types of enemies and three Bosses, using twelve types of weapons.
And that’s not all!
The official release is marked by a big update, which is adding to the game six different trials – they will opened after the main storyline is completed.
In addition, players can enable/disable the indication of damage and blood.
And at last you can earn achievements, and your skill of passing each level will be appreciated by Sheriff stars!
- A hot spot that that may not survive the attack of bandits.
- Players will have to keep the defense of the building trying to eliminate all enemies not allowing the heated bandits inside the building.
- New enemies: Naked giants with hearts over their heads
- Our whiskey is under the threat!
- Bandits aim to stop the loading of boxes with whiskey on the rail station using a new type of drones. You can’t lose your whiskey!
- New enemies: Drones wearing sombreros.
- You have to protect the Bill’s barn with his favorite piggy inside!
- Bandits decided to harm Bill, sending to his farm squads with explosives.
- New enemies: Bombers with dynamite.
- Sweet revenge!
- Bill decides to take revenge on the robbers for the farm and strikes back! Bill is consistently teleported to the key points of the Camp, smashing everything on his way.
- There is no good without a bank robbery!
- The gold stock of the entire state is under the threat, and the situation cannot be solved without Bill and his beloved guns.
- All your reaction speed is required here. Your enemies can die from 1 or 2 nice shots but their shots do double-damage.
- Well, hell!
- Bill sees a nightmare in which he finds himself in the cemetery..
- New enemies: Don’t worry, there will be no tiresome zombies.
- New weapon: Six-barrel machine gun “Best Friend”
New game features:
- Digital indication of the inflicted damage (can be turned off in the menu settings).
Now you will know for sure how much damage you do when hit the armor, head or a body. Oh, yeah, – the same goes for the hats!
- Option to turn off the blood
Now the childrens can play the game.
Everybody knows that the Sheriff Stars are never too much.
That is why we’ve decided to encourage the quick-fire shooters with not onlyscoring but also with sheriff stars. After each level!
The more points you gain the more stars you receive. (At the moment five stars were able to get only our lead programmer. Сheater!)
It’s no good to do without super-duper gaming achievements, whose memorable signs will decorate the honorable list of your trophies?
For instance, not everyone can lose in the first 30 seconds of the game! True?
You will have to play hard to collect them all!
- Increased damage from headshots.
We’ve decided to increase the damage from headshots, so that the most accurate shooters could sip their whiskey slowly, killing enemies from afar.
- A bug with language selection is fixed.
- Updated Tesla Gun, and new textures
- Various skins for enemies.
Check out the new DevGAMM trailer: https://youtu.be/1tB6yBvBJmk
MiroWin was founded in 2017 by a group of developers located in Kiev, Ukraine. Working from Podil, the cultural heart of the city, their mission is to create unique and fun VR experiences for gamers the world over. Their first title, Guns ‘n’ Stories: Bulletproof VR, is just the start, MiroWin has many more experiences they want to share with players.
Free Guns ‘n’ Stories Prologue Game!
If you’re still trying to decide whether to buy Guns ‘n’ Stories: Bulletproof VR and the demo isn’t enough free stuff for you then you may want to download the free prologue game, Guns ‘n’ Stories: Preface VR, as this now officially supports Windows Mixed Reality as well. You can watch a trailer and read more about this free game below:
Guns ‘n’ Stories: Preface VR
ABOUT THIS GAME
Put on a VR device, grab a gun, and hang on to your pantaloons for one heck of a wild n’ crazy story heading your way! Dive into your grandfather’s memories, who once was an infamous bounty hunter! Relive his glory days full of adventures, but truth be told, he tends to go overboard! The longer you listen to him, the stranger those events become to look like. Suddenly you’ll be surrounded by large armies of unbelievable enemies! Dark humor, steampunk and cowboys – this is the world of GUNS`N`STORIES.
- Be prepared for drastic changes of events. The plot unfolds so rapidly that you can fail at any time!
- Win battles against extremely deft opponents, put together intricate memories to form the complete picture of those days.
- Sintown is full of dangers, and only your courage coupled with a powerful weapon will allow you to survive!
- Keep practicing with your firearms in order to become the best gunslinger in town. Check out your results to see how good you are.
- HTC Vive, Oculus Rift compatible
Do you like the look of the Guns ‘n’ Stories games? Have you downloaded them already or played them on another VR system and if so what do you think of them? Let us know in the comments below, or create a discussion in our (PC) Windows Mixed Reality VR Games forum. You can also write your own reviews of the games in our (PC) Windows Mixed Reality VR Game Reviews forum.
Processor: Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
Memory: 8 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD equivalent or greater
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 12 GB available space
Processor: Not specified.
Memory: Not specified.
Graphics: Not specified.
DirectX: Not specified.
Storage: 12 GB available space
Guns ‘n’ Stories: Bulletproof VR
Guns ‘n’ Stories: Preface VR
no images were found(Click on pics to enlarge.)