Some websites are over the rather old news of Dance Central 2 accepting the songs from Dance Central via an import method. What’s new though, is how that import process actually works.
Luckily, Xbox.com gives some insight in the process before the game even launched, and may take away some of your worries with regard to importing. It may even make you get those latest Dance Central songs that just released.
- Launch Dance Central 2 game on your Xbox console.
- Make sure you are signed into an Xbox LIVE enabled game profile.
- From the main game menu, select OPTIONS.
- Select REDEEM CODE.
- Enter the 16 digit code printed on the back of your original Dance Central game manual. If you pre-ordered Dance Central 2 at a participating retailer, enter the token number printed on the digital receipt you received with the game (you might have this, you might not! If not, move on!)
- Follow the on screen instructions to purchase the Dance Central Import Pack.
- If you have a 25-digit pre-order code, follow the instructions you received to redeem that code for the 400 point value.
- Song files will begin downloading automatically and will be added to your song library upon completion.
Can I import my entire Dance Central song library?
Yes, you can import the entire on disc soundtrack from the original Dance Central.
Your previously purchased Dance Central downloadable content will automatically be available in your Dance Central 2 library.
How much will it cost?
Importing your original Dance Central soundtrack will cost US $5 (400 MSP equivalent).
How much storage space will it require on my Xbox hard drive?
You will need to have an Xbox with a hard drive or USB storage device and approximately 200-250 MB of free storage space.
Do I need an Xbox LIVE subscription?
You will need to have an Xbox LIVE Silver (free) subscription and internet access to download the import token.
What happens if I purchase a used copy of Dance Central? Will the import code work?
Import codes are unique to each game manual included with the original Dance Central and are one time use. Consumers will need to purchase a new retail copy of Dance Central to take advantage of the import functionality.
I’ve followed all of these instructions, but I’m having trouble importing my song library from the original Dance Central. Where can I go for help?
Check back on Xbox.com as they will be providing instructions soon.
Will you be importing your songs from Dance Central one in part two?