everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Back on Kinect Sports

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Back on Kinect Sports
06-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Back on Kinect Sports
Today I put in Kinect Sports and what fresh air. I am excited all over again when I play this game. Great playability!!

Table Tennis - aways aways fun

Bowling - I should have never left. (lol)

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2011, 12:42 PM
RE: Back on Kinect Sports
Yeah I find myself enjoying Kinect Sports as well (if I've got some time). Good to know you do! Let's hope Rare will be announcing Kinect Sports 2 at E3 right?

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2011, 10:47 PM
table tennis.... im not bad its just a horrible game to play after 3...4..5 beers. you tend to get a bit slow on the return..

Boxing though bring it!! no mater how many beers i had!

I personally cant stand bowling for some reason its just frustrating to me.
06-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Boxing - I am horrible at
Table tennis - I'm alright
Bowling - well, that's my favorite game.

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]
06-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Gotta love table tennis multiplayer!

Doing funny gestures, priceless

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Hello everyone.

I've only had Kinect for a week and I'm really enjoying it.
Kinect Sports is my favourite game so far, especially the football.

The only problem I've had on any game so far is on the Sports menus.
My "hand" seems to jump wildly all over the place when I try to pick options. Yet all the sports seem to be fine.
Anyone else had this ?
07-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Information RE: Back on Kinect Sports
(07-08-2011 07:35 PM)hkevin Wrote:  Hello everyone.

My "hand" seems to jump wildly all over the place when I try to pick options. Yet all the sports seem to be fine.
Anyone else had this ?

I think it's the accuracy update. How baggy are the clothes you wear while playing? (Especially your top.) Because Kinect seems to be more sensitive to even slightly baggy clothes now so try wearing well fitting clothes or roll your sleeves up or something like that and see if that fixes it.
07-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks, I usually play in a T-Shirt, but not always.
07-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Information RE: Back on Kinect Sports
(07-10-2011 10:45 AM)hkevin Wrote:  Thanks, I usually play in a T-Shirt, but not always.

Oh, well even if that's baggy it shouldn't affect the hand cursor. Undecided Maybe it's something else. (Unless the problem only happens when you're wearing something other than a t-shirt?)
07-10-2011, 04:37 PM
(07-08-2011 07:35 PM)hkevin Wrote:  Hello everyone.

Anyone else had this ?

Ive had symtoms like this before. I think you might be holding your hand too close to your body, try holding it out infront of you and not chicken winging you arm.

also consider using a controller to go trough the game screens its much faster. Its faster if you leave your remote on anyway since i have several pairs of recharhing batteries.

Ive played kinect boxing with MMA gloves and it worked fine. its just the navigating that got jerky controlling with MMA gloves.
07-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Strange, it hasn't happened the last few times I've tried. Perhaps it was something to do with lighting conditions at the time.

My young nephew had his first go on Kinect Sports yesterday and absolutely loved it, far more than his Wii Sports.
07-10-2011, 11:23 PM
(07-10-2011 08:09 PM)hkevin Wrote:  Strange, it hasn't happened the last few times I've tried. Perhaps it was something to do with lighting conditions at the time.

My young nephew had his first go on Kinect Sports yesterday and absolutely loved it, far more than his Wii Sports.

no doubt since its full body motions Big Grin.
07-13-2011, 11:00 AM
I also (much) prefer Kinect Sports to Wii Sports. I saw Wii when it came out and it did not excite me. I saw Kinect Sports and quickly bought Xbox, Kinect and the game, and have been getting some exercise ever since.

My new routine: bowling with left and right hand in alternate frame, and with weight in each hand. I have had better scores with 2-lb weights (uploaded video to youtube, same account name) than with 5-lb weights, but better exercise with the 5-lbs.

Next I plan to incorporate the weights in other Kinect Sports games and hope to achieve more "work-out" benefits. Hopefully I don't end up breaking the TV Big Grin!

Suggestions? Anybody?
07-13-2011, 06:35 PM
(07-13-2011 11:00 AM)OMLeung Wrote:  I also (much) prefer Kinect Sports to Wii Sports. I saw Wii when it came out and it did not excite me. I saw Kinect Sports and quickly bought Xbox, Kinect and the game, and have been getting some exercise ever since.

My new routine: bowling with left and right hand in alternate frame, and with weight in each hand. I have had better scores with 2-lb weights (uploaded video to youtube, same account name) than with 5-lb weights, but better exercise with the 5-lbs.

Next I plan to incorporate the weights in other Kinect Sports games and hope to achieve more "work-out" benefits. Hopefully I don't end up breaking the TV Big Grin!

Suggestions? Anybody?
Offline or online?

Consider using weighted vests, wrist and ankle weights for natural movement still. So for weight loss the best way is to burn calories for long periods of time.

I like doing rounds of track and field maybe 2-3 games while taking a small break in between while i search new players/rematch.(targets legs+big calorie burn)

Then i let my legs rest more and will go play some boxing till my upper body is tired, anywhere from 1-10+ games. (targets whole upperbody. medium-high calorie burn)

from there i move on to soccer or table tennis playing each game with a different arm till im tired (targets upper body/legs a bit+reflexes. low-medium calorie burn)

Lastly i take a break for a while 30 minutes maybe less or more then come back and start from the top.

you can do many combinations, too many to write down. Just dont forget to get some water close by.
07-14-2011, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2011 11:37 PM by Jersmall.)
(07-14-2011 10:40 PM)Ace12me Wrote:  I just saw where Amazon has now put a release date for Kinect Sports 2...
It may be posted somewhere else on here but it was the first I had heard about it being released on September 26, 2011...That is sooner than I thought..I am glad though...But Kinect Sports 1 has hardly ever left my Xbox-that game is crazy fun...But I am looking forward to part 2 also...mostly for the golf and tennis...Anyway just thought I would post that date if you guys had not seen it yet...Thanks

personally i want to try ski and baseball over all.

i find they added more relaxing/"chill" games more about accuracy in season two of kinect sports.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kinect Sports Leaderboards legreffer 37 63,959 08-18-2013 08:12 PM
Last Post: legreffer
  how to get to the k sports app? Jersmall 0 787 01-14-2013 01:07 AM
Last Post: Jersmall
  Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection out now! dirtyvu 2 2,146 09-19-2012 08:05 PM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection out now! dirtyvu 1 1,278 09-18-2012 11:31 PM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Kinect Sports Soccer league Zumizumoi 2 3,035 08-30-2012 10:20 AM
Last Post: nerimizi
  Kinect Sports Leagues ropeman 11 9,315 08-05-2012 06:16 AM
Last Post: mango