everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Kinect KARATE!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Kinect KARATE!
11-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Lightbulb Kinect KARATE!
Learn martial arts, by Kinect! I've been very impressed with everything that Kinect does in Dance Central (how it helps you achieve the right moves: 'watch your arm as you move it to the upper right' etc.. )

These tips can make kids great martial arts fighters imo, just create a game for it PEOPLE!

Your view?

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2010, 10:15 PM
RE: Kinect KARATE!
We need a game for everything LOL But I'm sure in due time we will have it. UFC Trainer is supposed to help with UFC moves so I can easily see a Karate game which would be sweet.
Find all posts by this user
11-15-2010, 10:35 PM
(11-15-2010 10:15 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  We need a game for everything LOL But I'm sure in due time we will have it. UFC Trainer is supposed to help with UFC moves so I can easily see a Karate game which would be sweet.

Yes UFC should indeed help with those moves, but Karate is more uhm.. 'dancy', and more 'art' than UFC imo Tongue. And Karate has style figures that are not included in UFC (as far as I know at least).

Wouldn't you agree?

11-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Oh I agree, I was just saying if they are making UFC (I hate UFC btw Tongue) then they have to make a karate game or some other martial arts game that would just be insulting if they didn't. Tongue
11-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Yes, but more like a combination of Dance Central and UFC I guess: This could really help children learn Karate!

11-21-2010, 02:27 AM
I was actually thinking the same thing, I'm glad others have thought it too as there's more chance developers will make it. Big Grin Also Your Shape has tai chi although I don't know how much of it is in it. (Not that I know much about tai chi though, lol!)
11-24-2010, 05:09 PM
I would love to have a virtual Kiyokushin or Shodokan trainer.
(Alright really just Kiyokushin)
(But of course the whole Kiyokushin deal, is full contact Kumite, but for kata's it would be cool)
07-02-2011, 09:42 PM
I absolutely agree we need a Kinect Karate game! We bought the very first fighting game, Fighters Uncaged, and have been underwhelmed. It wasn't at all what we expected. I love Your Shape, the Zen and Kickboxing especially. I think that type of personal training and preciseness in a workout program is just perfect. I've always wanted to learn martial arts, and would love to see Hapkido in one of these training games. Also, karate for kids, not only just the fun fighting part but also the soul of karate, the way it teaches respect and balance. I'd totally buy something like that for my kids and myself. Seriously, get past all the spectator fighter sports like UFC and start bringing us alternatives to expensive karate (and ballet) lessons for kids. Smile You'll make bank, Kinect peeps.
07-02-2011, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2011 11:36 PM by Jersmall.)
(11-15-2010 10:13 PM)Clemens Wrote:  Learn martial arts, by Kinect! I've been very impressed with everything that Kinect does in Dance Central (how it helps you achieve the right moves: 'watch your arm as you move it to the upper right' etc.. )

These tips can make kids great martial arts fighters imo, just create a game for it PEOPLE!

Your view?

I have been doing martial arts since i am small i tried many, taekwondo, juijuitsu, boxin, MMA and now kyokushin karate. I have boxed for 2+ years and in kinect boxing I use real techniques when i punch. basically I am shadow boxing just trying to throw with good technique.

Sure its not 100% boxing but it still practices punch techniques. I have over 41197 right hand punches landed , 31146 left landed in my boxing stats.It acutally has improved my punches just from doing the technique over nad over plus i have my punching bag i practice on beside me and i do kyokushin karate now.

I will even use kinect sports mini games like super striker to practice doing knees, round kicks, high kicks and cresent kicks. I also use fruit splatter to practice punches and kicks too.

I would love to see a good kick boxing/karate/muay thai game.
(11-24-2010 05:09 PM)C0d3_W4rr10r Wrote:  I would love to have a virtual Kiyokushin or Shodokan trainer.
(Alright really just Kiyokushin)
(But of course the whole Kiyokushin deal, is full contact Kumite, but for kata's it would be cool)

it would be cool to have a database of katas.

(11-15-2010 10:35 PM)Clemens Wrote:  
(11-15-2010 10:15 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  We need a game for everything LOL But I'm sure in due time we will have it. UFC Trainer is supposed to help with UFC moves so I can easily see a Karate game which would be sweet.

Yes UFC should indeed help with those moves, but Karate is more uhm.. 'dancy', and more 'art' than UFC imo Tongue. And Karate has style figures that are not included in UFC (as far as I know at least).

Wouldn't you agree?

I Would say the more dancy martial art is taekwondo beacause its more about points and speed. Kyokushin karate more about balance, technique and practice. It also depends heavily on the person doing the attacking. Karate does have katas(forms) you need to practice. however, they all require you to acutally move in a specific way that makes you practice every strikes on both right and left limbs. every kata also requires you to take steps to improve balance after strikes.
08-08-2012, 01:15 AM
The way I see it, and don't get me wrong I would LOVE to see this happen as this is something I have ALWAYS wanted to learn, that the whole thing relies on Money, alright so think about this in order for this to work they would need to find several people in the Karate field that would rather teach than get paid amazing sums of money. Then they must have the person in the virtual room where they will track movements and what not so that one person by the end of all this would spend 1000+ hours in this motion tracking room. So in the end they would both A owe this guy tons of royalties for using his knowledge of Karate, and B they would owe him for the time spent in this room, then you have to think about how many people actually have and USE their Kinect, who do they plan on marketing this too will it sell? The returns yield for this game to me appears like it would be too low to actually want to make.. If you want this game to be made I would say start an online petition showing Microsoft the possible returns yield for this game. So express how they would both A sell more kinects through the production of the game and B. Sell plenty of this game. But at the same time think about how many people you might be putting out of a possible job, most people would rather stay at home and pay a simple $60's 1 time rather than $10-$20 per lesson.