everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-22-2014, 09:05 AM
I had a lot of fun with D4, especially with the great Kinect combat. I only wish there was more of the quick-time combat. It's kind of like Fantasia actually.

For those of you who ever read the choose-your-own-adventure books, D4 is kind of like that. There are multiple story branches that can be done even though the main story arc is the same. So if you want to see everything in D4, you have to play it multiple times. Lots of weird humor throughout.

here's a sample of the Kinect action:

here are 2 different food vignettes:

So far, there are 2 episodes. Hopefully there are more episodes released. However, if these 2 episodes don't sell well, it's not likely that there will be more episodes. The creator wants to make more but it has to be financially feasible.

Episode 1:

[Image: xbl_image.php?gamertag=onlysublime]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2014, 04:49 AM
Thumbs Up RE: D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
D4 is really cool, although it could do with more puzzles (and not just fetch quests) and some real-time combat would be nice too, although the QTEs are well done. I really hope more episodes will be made, if not then it'll be Microsofts fault, not just obviously for not funding more episodes but also because they've totally failed to market it properly! So they can't complain if it doesn't sell well. Angry D4 should recieve at least as much marketing as any other Xbox One exclusive, especially since it's getting high scores! I'm sure TV ads would make lots of people intrigued, especially people who don't even know about it and it wouldn't surprise me if it actually sold many Xbox Ones too.
10-23-2014, 05:57 PM
RE: D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
yeah, it was the worst marketing. and the marketing they did focus on the weird instead of the interesting.

[Image: xbl_image.php?gamertag=onlysublime]