The final game on the Windows Mixed Reality “Games & Entertainment” poster is Bit Planet Games’ Pilotwings-like VR flight game Ultrawings, which has optional full motion controls. You can watch a trailer for Ultrawings above and read more info about it in the following description from the game’s Steam page:
ABOUT THIS GAME
Ultrawings is the first aerial-themed, open-world game where you’ll pilot multiple aircraft to complete a variety of missions across an island-themed world.
The game features full support for both HTC Vive and Oculus Touch allowing you to use your hands to virtually interact with each aircraft’s flight instruments for a truly unparalleled flight experience!
– Pilot 3 distinct aircraft using your virtual hands for an unparalleled flight experience!
– Soar around 3 unique, beautifully stylized islands!
– Earn money to buy new airports and new vehicles! Ultrawings is a VR game with progression!
– Lots of gameplay variety! Pop balloons, snap photos, perform spot landings, fly through score rings, and even perform emergency landings! Ultrawings is the ultimate hobbyist flight game!
– The world feels alive! Soar by flocks of seagulls, buzz other planes, and even fly by boats and cars!
– Full English voice-overs guide you through the game!
User Review Quotes:
“It’s fun in a way no flight sim has been in a long time!”
“The flight model is a perfect combination of arcade and just enough realism to make it challenging.”
“Finally a sim that lets you hold the stick and operate the controls by hand.”
“It brings back memories of pilot wings 64.”
Do you like the look of Ultrawings? Have you played it on another VR system already and if so what did you think? Let us know in the comments below or create a discussion in our (PC) Windows Mixed Reality VR Games forum.