WB Games have set up a contest for budding John Williams to compose the music for a new trailer for the upcoming Harry Potter For Kinect game! Unfortunately the contest is only open to US residents though.
ABOUT THIS CONTEST
Harry Potter for Kinect, an upcoming release exclusively for the Xbox 360, will be the first video game experience EVER to offer players the chance to (virtually!) re-live the most exciting moments from Harry Potter’s adventures as themselves! And WB Games would like to invite YOU, the FANS, to use your musical talents to create a contemporary, up-beat and aspirational music track that captures the unique, magical experience every player will have in this game. The winner of the contest will have his or her work featured in a globally distributed trailer for the game and will of course be the envy of Muggles™ the world over! So get your creative juices flowing… whether your score is solely instrumental, or combines instrumental and vocal talent, we’re taking everything into consideration. We only ask that you please keep your material family friendly and appropriate for an all-ages audience.
This contest is open to legal residents of the United States only. The grand prize winner and five runners up will receive a cash prize for participating and be chosen by the WB Games selection panel based on the following criteria: 25% – How well the music reflects the magic and adventure of Harry Potter 25% – How well the music epitomizes the fun and unique spirit of the game 25% – Production quality 25% – Originality All music, images, video footage and other content must be originally produced by the artist uploading the Contest entry.
CLIENT AWARDS1st Place Client Award$7,000
2nd Place Client Award$3,000
3rd Place Client Award$2,000
4th Place Client Award$1,0005th Place Client Award$ 500
6th Place Client Award$500
VOTER AWARDS1st Place Voting Award$500
2nd Place Voting Award$ 250
3rd Place Voting Award$250
All music, images, video footage and other content must be originally produced by the artist(s) uploading the Contest entry.
- This contest is open to legal residents of the United States only.
- A minimum of 60 seconds of audio is required and is the only element being judged.
- A video component is required (min. 60 seconds); as a contestant you have two options in regards to the video’s content:
- Incorporate your music entry into your video. An audiofile is not required but we recommend uploading a supplemental audio file for judging purposes.
- Your video can serve to simply introduce your project. An additional audio file is required.
- Note: only the artist(s) should appear in any video submitted.
- Video must include the Harry Potter for Kinect logo. WB Games hereby grants you a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use the materials provided to you on this website (“WB Content”) as part of your entry, provided that the entry containing WB Content is used only as part of your entry and for no other purpose. This license does not grant you any right to edit, remix, or otherwise alter WB Content, other than as technically necessary to include it within your entry.
- Video must include the following legal line: WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR. (s12)
- Entry must be your original work, created solely by you, and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. No remixes of previously created Harry Potter theme music from the films or other Harry Potter products will be considered and will be removed from the competition.
- Entry (including video) must not contain any personally identifiable information (related to anyone, including you).
- Other than the Harry Potter for Kinect logo provided to you, video must not contain any posters, t-shirt prints, logos or other materials in which a third party might hold intellectual property rights.
- No one but you may be involved in the filming of the video.
- To the extent that an entry contains WB Content, you agree that you will not use such entry for any purpose other than entering this Contest, including, without limitation, posting such entry to any online social networks, without the express written consent of WB Games in each instance. You recognize that your right to use the WB Content extends only as far as incorporating such WB Content in your entry into this Contest.
- Entry must not previously have been published or won any awards.
More info about the contest here: http://www.zooppa.com/contests/harry-potter-kinect-original-musical-score/brief .
Here’s the previous Harry Potter Kinect trailer again for inspiration