Now that E3 2011 has come to an end, we thought it would be nice to give you an insight in how we perceived the whole event. We were blasted away by the amount of Kinect games announced at first, but quickly recuperated from the blow and set sail to cover everything Kinect on the conference. A quick Facebook survey shows you feel we didn’t fail in our attempts!
Anyways, here’s our overview of E3 2011 highs and lows, Kinect wise obviously.
What we liked
- Your excitement for E3: We’ve had our best day yet, and were able to breach a major milestone in publishing over 1,000 Kinect related articles!
- Microsoft embraced Kinect hacks with Kinect Fun labs
- Kinect showed it’s relevant for the core as well: Ubisoft’s GunSmith demo, Mass Effect 3, Rise of Nightmares and Blackwater to name a few.
- Kinect Sports 2 and Dance Central 2 demonstrations did not disappoint!
- Kinect Disneyland Adventures seems to deliver true fun for kids!
- Lots of other Kinect game announcements.
- Legreffer’s list of E3 Kinect Games & gathering news, CorellianRogue’s support in posting & gathering news! Dre’s support too.
What we didn’t like
- Postponing of some Kinect games (Michael Phelps’ Push the Limit, The Gunstringer, Ryse?)
- The perceived lag with Kinect Star Wars
- A lot of the announced games are ‘better with Kinect’, but not necessarily fully designed for Kinect.
- Our predictions failed to materialize.
What we hated
- Where were Project Draco, Steel Battalion, Diabolical Pitch and others?
- No Gears of War for Kinect any time soon.
- No surprise announcement of Milo and Kate.
- No Avatar Kinect or a Kinect SDK yet.
All in all, even though our predictions did not come true, we were blown away by Kinect’s presence at E3 it certainly exceeded our imagination…
What did you like / didn’t like / hated?