Harry Potter for Kinect sounds like a tremendous ambitious game, as it will incorporate all of the 8 Harry Potter books and will bring that all to you in an immersive way by using the Kinect sensor. This Harry Potter game was recently announced, but only at E3 the first gameplay details came out. Here are some of the most important ones.
Harry Potter Gameplay
The first thing that you need to know is that Harry Potter is aimed at children, so don’t expect any hardcore or complex action in this game. I think it will be best to compare with Kinect Rush: High quality, but for kids around 6 to 10 years old. Other than that, this is the stuff you need to know:
- There will be 30-ish levels in the game, each bringing you a highlight of one of the eight books
- You will not play one of the Harry Potter heroes, instead you’ll play yourself, as scanned by Kinect and sorted into a house by the sorting hat
- Gameplay will consist mostly of basic Kinect moves (jumping, sidestepping, ducking, waving arms, aiming)
- Spells are selected by using voice commands
- The game is pretty short, only about 4 to 6 hours
I’m mildly excited about the game: I think it’ll be cool to relive a lot of Harry Potter’s most exciting moments, but the gameplay really doesn’t sound that appealing. Any thoughts?