After the release of Kinect for Windows earlier this year, Microsoft is announcing that the next version, “Kinect 1.5“, will be made available in late May.
Kinect 1.5 Update
With this update, the following will be added:
- “Kinect Studio, an application that allows developers to record, playback and debug clips of users engaging with their applications.”
- “ ‘seated’ or ’10-joint’ skeletal tracking which provides the capability to track the head, neck and arms of either a seated or standing user working in both default and near mode.”
- Speech recognition for four languages (French, Spanish, Italian and Japanese)
- New language packs that enable speech recognition for the way a language in spoken in different regions (English for UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and Canada; French for Canada and France; Spanish for Spain and Mexico)
Futhermore, the tool will be released in 19 more countries:
- In Hong Kong, South Korea, and Taiwan in late May
- In Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Denmark, Finland, India, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Arab Emirates in June
Kinect Sensor for Windows is available for purchase for $242.63 (from $249.99) and does not ship with any software. Kinect SDK can be downloaded from Microsoft’s website.
Source: Techland Time, Gadget