Xbox Kinect

/ / v /

1:1 Online Fighting Game

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-10-2010, 02:56 AM
This is what I want to see more than anything. A true 1:1 fighting game!

No scripted moves, no scripted fighting styles, all it measures is the velocity and location of collision points throughout the body. So like your hands, head, elbows, knees, and feet. Wherever they hit on the other player and the speed would determine damage. If this could be done correctly with online multiplayer and create-a-player with face scanning that would be amazing! Set up online fighting leagues. Earn cash for fighting. Maybe even earn cash betting on other fights. Use the cash to outfit your character so experienced characters can have more expensive gear (but only cosmetic, no stat changes).

My plan is to go into game development (eventually) but if someone could make this happen in the meantime, that'd be just splendid. Free idea, I don't even need royalties, maybe just a free copy of the game. ha. Thanks and have a good day. Wink

[Image: Lord+360.png]

Cypher Infinitum
http://www.cichi.com
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2010, 08:20 PM
RE: 1:1 Online Fighting Game
This is already being done with EA's Fight Night 5, as we speak. I imagine a lot of EA's sports titles are going to benefit from Kinect in one way or another. Tiger Woods will be incredible with Kinect. Should be an interesting 2011.
Find all posts by this user
11-10-2010, 09:40 PM
EA's fight night round 5? Do you have a source? Then I can add it to the Games List! Thanks the Extreme1! Smilewe're trying to keep that the most up-to-date Kinect Games list on the web.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.png]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2010, 01:41 AM
I would love to see Fight Night 5 with Kinect but that would still only be boxing. I'm talking about any style of combat...whatever you can manage to actually do with your body. Not MMA necessarily. More like a fight-club aesthetic, but not lame like the Fight or Fighters Uncaged.

[Image: Lord+360.png]

Cypher Infinitum
http://www.cichi.com
11-11-2010, 03:37 AM
(11-10-2010 08:20 PM)theXtReMe1 Wrote:  This is already being done with EA's Fight Night 5, as we speak.

A few months ago EA said they are not making it for Kinect bad times...source below

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/no-mov...t-champion

My Youtube.... Games and Beer :-)
11-11-2010, 04:08 AM
(11-11-2010 03:37 AM)King Backslap Wrote:  
(11-10-2010 08:20 PM)theXtReMe1 Wrote:  This is already being done with EA's Fight Night 5, as we speak.

A few months ago EA said they are not making it for Kinect bad times...source below

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/no-mov...t-champion

That is too bad. I don't like some of what was said in that article either. He states that standing up and punching "may be beyond the fitness level of most gamers."

I don't care what they say. I want it!

I also agree with OP. Give us a freestyle fighting game where we can compete over Live!
11-11-2010, 09:03 PM
It's not like they couldn't make the game for the controller but make it one where it's more advanced on kinect. Let's get with it EA.

[Image: UndgnfiedWrshpr.png]
11-11-2010, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2010 09:19 PM by TheZeeMan.)
I think they are testing with Tennis first...since Grand Slam is still scheduled. I'm thinking Tennis basically puts yourself in every position possible (I know IRL it kicks my ass compared to other sports except american football, but that's more of just taking punishment not actually working out all of your muscles)...so if they get that right, then probably every single EA Sports game will use kinect. Smile

EDIT: Actually I disagree with my own statement...LOL Only reason being is actually really listening to what EA said about boxing on that article...it's true man, since kinect measures velocity, and you are swinging with all your might, 3 minutes seems like forever...even the fighters uncaged I was not physically fit enough to keep playing it for long periods of time and I was not even giving that "my all".

[Image: TheZeeMan.png]
11-24-2010, 04:00 AM
Don't think this ZeeMan! These types of games...Boxing, Fighting, Tennis etc... We need these games! And furthermore, we need them to be good! I don't care if most videogamers aren't fit enough to last. I want to see them and will purchase them provided they are good. The exercize doesn't bother me
11-24-2010, 09:10 PM
EA is right when they say these games would be too difficult a test for the fitness level of the average gamer.

But they could just implement a difficulty setting. Easy mode would only require slow swings and the game would adjust accordingly.

I'm still a bit iffy on movement though. I don't want a tennis game where the movement is autopilot.
11-24-2010, 09:30 PM
I don't mind the automovement with tennis IF it guesses what I want accurately, unlike Deca where it kept me constantly stuck in a backswing mode.

[Image: TheZeeMan.png]
01-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Here is my view on this...

EA is correct when they say most gamers arent fit enough, but on the other hand, this kind of game wouldnt appeal to them anyway. There is a market for this, and if the game is fun enough it would get these out of shape gamers in shape.

The actual idea of this game is 1 ive thought about thoroughly (sp?). A K-1 style game would be astronomical for the Kinect. Online would be competition of pure realness, with real stamina, real precision, and real skill. You would get a level of competition unsurpassed by any other game. Just imagine, you have 1 round left, you kept a steady pace while your opponent has been throwin everything at tremendous pace and stealing the card. Now he is in a state of absolute gassed, none of his shots have power and he moves slower than a snail, now is your time to strike! Its like overwhelming to think of the possibilities and how fun this game could actually be.

And if youre not up for all that, then go sit on the couch and play COD
01-02-2011, 02:12 AM
(01-01-2011 10:19 PM)MMAGuru Wrote:  Here is my view on this...

EA is correct when they say most gamers arent fit enough, but on the other hand, this kind of game wouldnt appeal to them anyway. There is a market for this, and if the game is fun enough it would get these out of shape gamers in shape.

The actual idea of this game is 1 ive thought about thoroughly (sp?). A K-1 style game would be astronomical for the Kinect. Online would be competition of pure realness, with real stamina, real precision, and real skill. You would get a level of competition unsurpassed by any other game. Just imagine, you have 1 round left, you kept a steady pace while your opponent has been throwin everything at tremendous pace and stealing the card. Now he is in a state of absolute gassed, none of his shots have power and he moves slower than a snail, now is your time to strike! Its like overwhelming to think of the possibilities and how fun this game could actually be.

I would give it a go, but from a sales stand point (and as a business that's all that matters) it would tank. You have stated that you fight MMA so maybe the majority of people in your day to day world would play it, but the percentage of gamers, or really just people in general, that would be able to perform the 1:1 moves would be miniscule. It would be fun, but there is no way it would sell enough units to be profitable.
01-02-2011, 02:59 AM
(01-02-2011 02:12 AM)ambushbug Wrote:  
(01-01-2011 10:19 PM)MMAGuru Wrote:  Here is my view on this...

I would give it a go, but from a sales stand point (and as a business that's all that matters) it would tank. You have stated that you fight MMA so maybe the majority of people in your day to day world would play it, but the percentage of gamers, or really just people in general, that would be able to perform the 1:1 moves would be miniscule. It would be fun, but there is no way it would sell enough units to be profitable.

If "bedroom programmers" are up to it then those "risky" games would be perfect for Indie Games when Microsoft allow them to use Kinect. (I think the only reason they're holding back a bit is to let the professional developers get the hang of Kinect and release more games.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kinect Virtual World And Game Cover! TheLiveLegand 5 572 02-02-2011 04:50 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  Table Top game board for kinect greegan_oxb 3 189 01-19-2011 07:24 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  3d Game Character Movements Orion_Destiny 0 136 01-17-2011 12:00 AM
Last Post: Orion_Destiny
  Kinect Spider man game Imaginary Gamer 1 419 12-24-2010 05:53 AM
Last Post: x360a spiderman
  Avatar the Game peterng25 2 274 11-20-2010 06:40 PM
Last Post: Clemens
Music Kinect Music Game Support dp247 11 805 11-17-2010 03:55 AM
Last Post: TheZeeMan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!