/ / v /

A way to mount your Kinect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-24-2011, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2011 01:41 AM by wazza.)
So I was looking for ways to put my Kinect sensor on top of my TV, there'd be no way in hell I'd pay $40 for the "Official mount TV". I came across this video, and thought it was a clever idea.

I've ordered myself a gorillapod which arrived yesterday and I'm using it now. It's very stable. The Kinect base will be standing on top of the gorillapod and it has a very good grip.

Ever since I've mounted the Kinect, everything is better. Less space is needed. It just works better overall.

[Credit To]: FisherKingNigel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2011, 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2011 02:49 AM by dirtyvu.)
RE: A way to mount your Kinect
(03-24-2011 01:34 AM)wazza Wrote:  So I was looking for ways to put my Kinect sensor on top of my TV, there'd be no way in hell I'd pay $40 for the "Official mount TV". I came across this video, and thought it was a clever idea.

I've ordered myself a gorillapod which arrived yesterday and I'm using it now. It's very stable. The Kinect base will be standing on top of the gorillapod and it has a very good grip.

Ever since I've mounted the Kinect, everything is better. Less space is needed. It just works better overall.

I love Gorillapod. I used the small one for the tiny cameras and the medium size one for my handheld. It's the best portable tripod you can have (though it can't totally replace a full size tripod).

I know it would look kind of ghetto, but your bezel top seems wide enough for you to use double sided tape to stick the kinect upon. My TV has the same sized top and that's how I stuck the Kinect up there.

Also, do you tape the Kinect onto the Gorillapod legs? I'd worry about the Kinect falling.
03-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Information RE: A way to mount your Kinect
If you're in the UK you can get this Kinect mount that's a lot cheaper than the offical one (I don't know if it's available in other countries too but it probably is):

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/183...oduct.html
03-24-2011, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2011 12:39 PM by meistroracer.)
RE: A way to mount your Kinect
(03-24-2011 01:34 AM)wazza Wrote:  So I was looking for ways to put my Kinect sensor on top of my TV, there'd be no way in hell I'd pay $40 for the "Official mount TV". I came across this video, and thought it was a clever idea.

Which gorillapod did you get? The cheap one for $19.??. If this is the one, I have to ask like the others, how stable is it. I have clear packing tape that's taping down my Kinect on top of my TV. Actually, working pretty darn good too. Smile

After watching and listening to the video, the only problem I see...even though the Kinect is just sitting on top of the legs. I see a potential problem. If some one or some thing bumps the TV or you go an move the TV forgetting that the Kinect isn't tapped down. It will slide right off. Right?

And thanks for open another door to another options and ideas.

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kinect is sleek and looks good, especially on a mount ProjectNatalFan 4 266 02-21-2011 12:35 PM
Last Post: meistroracer
  Kinect wall mount spitfirex007 27 3,704 01-03-2011 06:57 PM
Last Post: ambushbug

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)