We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / /

[Accessories] CTA Kinect Bowling Ball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-17-2011, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2011 07:21 AM by TheZeeMan.)
CTA Kinect Bowling Ball

[Image: 0065677701156_180X180.jpg]
  • Cost: $20 USD (average)
  • Quantity: 1
  • Description: If you want a more realistic bowling experience while using Kinect, you'll need CTA's Bowling Ball for the Xbox 360 Kinect. This ultra-realistic accessory looks and feels like the same ball you'd find in an actual bowling alley. The Bowling Ball for Xbox 360 Kinect is compatible with all Kinect bowling titles including Kinect Sports and Brunswick Pro Bowling and also features a locking wrist strap to safely secure the ball to your wrist. Now get ready to rack up those strikes!
  • Features:
    - Ultra-realistic accessory
    - Compatible with all Kinect bowling titles
    - Locking wrist strap
  • Pics:
    [Image: wp000006o.jpg]

Conclusion
I had to try this thing, I know its a Wii clone but still! Tongue So first, its not blue. It's actually the Kinect purple color, not sure why every camera turns it blue. The holes feel pretty real, however the ball is smaller and it's very light weight. The strap is heavy duty material though. I tested it out using Kinect Sports bowling. Amazingly, I didn't have any urge to let go of it at any time.

I was trying to figure out how to test it out, so what I did was bowl 3 games normal, 5 games with the ball, and then 2 games normal again. Bowling is not my forte in video games or real life (real life average is around 140). I had one fluke game without the ball and managed 6 strikes which kind of screwed up this test, as if I averaged both out...

Without Ball:
Average over 5 games - 131

With Ball:
Average over 5 games - 116

Now the one thing I did notice with the ball, as I don't think anyone knows how the heck KS Bowling detects as I never really attempted turning my wrist to see if it hooks and I end up just going that way, but this seems keeps your hand/wrist flat/straight. You throw straight every time, to curve, I had to turn my wrist and kind of throw on an angle. When I was bowling without the ball, sometimes I would randomly curve it not on purpose. So this one is a maybe...I'm not sure if I want to keep it or take it back. It seems if you practice with it, it may be better as my games kept going up with the ball each round.

[Image: TheZeeMan.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Accessories] Nyko Zoom TheZeeMan 12 4,007 12-16-2011 12:01 AM
Last Post: slappycider
  [Accessories] Intec G8692 Xbox Kinect Sports Pack TheZeeMan 1 2,323 09-17-2011 11:18 AM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Brunswick Pro Bowling meistroracer 10 5,889 05-08-2011 02:11 PM
Last Post: meistroracer
  Brunswick Pro Bowling Kinect Review TheZeeMan 24 10,353 03-09-2011 01:45 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  [Accessories] EA Sports Active 2 Kinect Accessories Reviewed TheZeeMan 9 9,325 02-07-2011 12:29 PM
Last Post: Clemens