everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Advice Please!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice Please!
11-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Advice Please!
So today I begin my Dance Central 2 weight loss challenge. I am a student so could use some advice on how to diet for cheap? Sadly I don't own any weighing scales so I will just have to tell you if my appearance improves!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2011, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2011 07:03 PM by Jersmall.)
RE: Advice Please!
I dont know what you mean by a "diet for cheap" and i dont know what you eat. The only thing i would recommend for a diet is cutting out soda, fast food and other deep fried foods. as for chips if you really want them, buy baked not fried chips.

In the morning you can get your fiber with cerials and breads(whole weat). you can get some protein too with eggs, ham,nuts and more. Things like cheese can be encorporated in almost every meal.

For lunch and dinner try to get some veggies and protein in once again. I like making boiled stews a lot or several kinds of fish like my favorite salmon. you can also encorporate small side dishes of pasta with a good tomato and meat sauce with shreded cheese.

for snacks in between meals is a great time for fruits, nuts, cheeses yogurts. for vitamines and proteins.

Just keep away from junk food, burn calories you will get thinner but only if you do it consistantly. the more you work the more calories you burn, the faster you lose.
11-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Great advice thanks, as for actual dancing, DC2 says I burned over 400 kcals in the hour I was dancing for, is that a good start? I was thinking one hour a day 5 days a week, what do you think?
11-26-2011, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2011 09:01 PM by Jersmall.)
(11-26-2011 07:59 PM)nikkos Wrote:  Great advice thanks, as for actual dancing, DC2 says I burned over 400 kcals in the hour I was dancing for, is that a good start? I was thinking one hour a day 5 days a week, what do you think?

400 calories is a lot acutally its like burning off a big mac almost haha.

1 hour a day is a GREAT plan!! if you keep being active and eating well then theres no reason you cant achieve your goals.

remember that too much cake is not good either, consider finding other activities to encorporate into your lifestyle and many types of meals you can be creative.

also consider new kinect games like kinect sports my personal favorite!! other then bowling all the sports are great cardio, some upper body some lower. you could try the personal training games like UFC trainer or others. just check reviews on this site before you acutally buy the games.
11-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Now you've said 'encorporate' three times I feel like it's the right time to tell you that it's 'incorporated' Big Grin
11-26-2011, 09:56 PM
(11-26-2011 09:53 PM)nikkos Wrote:  Now you've said 'encorporate' three times I feel like it's the right time to tell you that it's 'incorporated' Big Grin

hahaha well you learn something new everyday. I blame the fact that i am acutally french. Big Grin
11-27-2011, 12:29 AM
haha bless you!