We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Alan Wake 2 To Be Revealed In December! - Kinect Compatible?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alan Wake 2 To Be Revealed In December! - Kinect Compatible?
11-04-2011, 05:16 AM
Exclamation Alan Wake 2 To Be Revealed In December! - Kinect Compatible?
Alan Wake 2 is going to be officially revealed at the Spike VGAs on December 10th:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/35637/alan-wake-2-d...-december/

And judging by previous news it's very likely that it'll be a Kinect game:

https://123kinect.com/kinect-alan-wake/6453/

https://123kinect.com/alan-wake-2-better-...ect/15573/

I also remember reading ages ago that Remedy wanted to make a Kinect game but I couldn't find a link to that.

Hopefully there'll be more Kinect games (and even regular Xbox 360 games) revealed on the show too and it won't be like last year's, lol!

By the way, can nobody mention any Alan Wake spoilers as I haven't actually got around to playing it yet, I've got it but it's still in my backlog. Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2011, 08:25 PM
RE: Alan Wake 2 To Be Revealed In December! - Kinect Compatible?
Nice find indeed, I saw the announcement, but didn't get time to get into it yet!

It would be really good for the Kinect platform if Alan Wake could be added to it Big Grin

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Information RE: Alan Wake 2 To Be Revealed In December! - Kinect Compatible?
There seems to be some confusion as to whether the new Alan Wake game is actually Alan Wake 2 or not. It was revealed to be an XBLA game so people started saying it must be just a spin-off, might not even be the same type of game as the original and is likely to be smaller as it's on XBLA. But Remedy have said that despite being an XBLA game it will be just like a "full release", which I presume means it will be the same as if it were a disc based game, and that the first Alan Wake would have fit within the current 2GB limit for XBLA games if it wasn't for all the cut-scenes. No mention of Kinect yet though, but if it is a Kinect game or is at least Kinect compatible they're probably saving that news for the big reveal.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/25104/Alan...-Decision/
11-06-2011, 08:53 AM
I bought Alan Wake as a download code off Amazon for $7. It's just awesome not to have to insert a disc and to have quick hard drive loading of a game.

Digital games. that's the future.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
11-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Information RE: Alan Wake 2 To Be Revealed In December! - Kinect Compatible?
(11-06-2011 08:53 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  I bought Alan Wake as a download code off Amazon for $7. It's just awesome not to have to insert a disc and to have quick hard drive loading of a game.

Digital games. that's the future.

I prefer physically owning games. SadOne problem with downloadable games, and even add-ons, for example is that they eat up your hard drive.
11-06-2011, 09:39 AM
(11-06-2011 09:08 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  I prefer physically owning games. SadOne problem with downloadable games, and even add-ons, for example is that they eat up your hard drive.

With a 2TB drive, it may take a while to consume it, although if they make games like LA Noire (4 discs) that's on average 10-15GB a game...that would be like 150-200 games on your hard drive...anyone that buys 200 games has some loot, even at $50 a pop (doubt we'll get many discounts once its digital) that's $10,000 in games alone...I spend roughly like $250 a year on games, at that rate it'd be 40 years to fill up my hard drive which I would 72 at the time, probably not playing games lol crazy to break it down like that.

[Image: thezeeman.png]
11-06-2011, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2011 09:54 PM by KoreVirus.)
[Image: nightspringloadredux-600x338.jpg]

some one on teamxbox forums posted it.

Quote:There's been a not-insubstantial outcry of concern from fans of the Alan Wake franchise following the announcement that the series' next installment, Night Springs, would be an XBLA exclusive. Worried parties shouldn't fear a sea change in the original game's setup -- on the game's forums, Remedy community manager Peter Papadopoulos explained it will be "structured like a full release," asking posters to "wait for the official announcement before making up your mind." But ... but we've already rolled out our Jump to Conclusions mat!

Remedy CEO Markus Mäki also chimed in on the forums, adding, "If you're thinking about this in terms of some kind of a, I don't know, super simplified 'we still use the name but changed everything about it' version of Alan Wake, let me just say that this is not the case. That's all I'm gonna say."

Other than these defensive statements, all we have to go on is the meager announcement from yesterday, as well as the supposedly leaked title screen acquired by XBLAFans this past May, posted above. We'll have to wait until the VGAs to see the game in action -- or, as the title screen would seem to hint at, in "Arcade Action."

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/04/alan-w...o-go-xbla/

[img][url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/KoreVirus][/img]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation Spec Ops: The Line Kinect Compatible? Corellianrogue 2 609 08-31-2011 06:51 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
Exclamation Star Wars Kinect About To Be Revealed??! Corellianrogue 13 2,334 05-11-2011 09:56 AM
Last Post: Clemens