everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Allow games to be rated by users.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-22-2011, 07:04 PM
I'd like to see added to this site the ability to rate a game and then have an avg rating calculated. This avg rating could then allow a sorted list of all Kinect games to see which are most popular.

Kind of like MetaCritic, but with true Kinect fans giving the rating more meaning. Big Grin

[Image: fs.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2011, 07:36 PM
RE: Allow games to be rated by users.
Thx Rick, good idea! SmileWe'll look into it. We were already considering doing something to the games list, as it could use much better sorting options. So, your input is very valuable, thanks!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Information RE: Allow games to be rated by users.
That's a cool idea! Although if you do it don't use whatever program that Metacritic uses as it often doesn't make sense (or are they fixing it?), lol! I've seen games get loads of 80s and 90s and maybe get 1 or 2 60s and they give it like 72 or something overall. UndecidedAlso, as far as the "Kinect Games" forums, maybe for the time being you should put the individual games threads in an "All Games" section in the "Kinect Games" section so that you don't have to scroll all the way down to get to the rest of the other threads?
11-22-2011, 11:38 PM
the beef I have with metacritic is they pick and choose which reviews to include on any given game. take disneyland adventures, for example, and you won't seem some of the positive reviews in their compilation. depending on what reviews you decide to include and which you do not, it can severely affect the overall score.

plus, with volunteering voting, it's never fair. if you've done any statistical analysis, you know volunteers do not represent the population. volunteers are the vocal ones. just like how people that call into radio or TV shows do not accurately represent the population. for every person that complains about something there are 50 people who had no problems but people with no problems do not call in.

at least with Amazon, you know the reviewer honestly bought the product because the review gets tagged as such. at least with Amazon, you know whether they bought the product and can see their review history. there are way too many Sony fanboys who go into Kinect reviews and post blatantly wrong information as it is. I can't count how many false reviews there are. Like where someone says don't buy kinect because all the games send pictures to Microsoft so that they can spam ads to you. Or Kinect caused their 360 to RROD. You read some game that the person supposedly bought and they totally trash the Kinect and Xbox but you go into their review history and they own no Xbox stuff and it's all PS3 reviews.

but at least Amazon is not as bad as Metacritic. so it's not like how the Battlefield 3 fanboys bombed the Modern Warfare 3 rating at Metacritic. No matter how much you hate MW3, there's just no way it deserves a 1 or a 0. I'm not a MW3/BF3/Skyrim fan, but the sheer presentation along and the depth of the game modes, it deserved more than a 1 out of 10 rating.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
11-23-2011, 07:28 AM
Thumbs Up RE: Allow games to be rated by users.
(11-22-2011 11:38 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  the beef I have with metacritic is they pick and choose which reviews to include on any given game. take disneyland adventures, for example, and you won't seem some of the positive reviews in their compilation. depending on what reviews you decide to include and which you do not, it can severely affect the overall score.

plus, with volunteering voting, it's never fair. if you've done any statistical analysis, you know volunteers do not represent the population. volunteers are the vocal ones. just like how people that call into radio or TV shows do not accurately represent the population. for every person that complains about something there are 50 people who had no problems but people with no problems do not call in.

at least with Amazon, you know the reviewer honestly bought the product because the review gets tagged as such. at least with Amazon, you know whether they bought the product and can see their review history. there are way too many Sony fanboys who go into Kinect reviews and post blatantly wrong information as it is. I can't count how many false reviews there are. Like where someone says don't buy kinect because all the games send pictures to Microsoft so that they can spam ads to you. Or Kinect caused their 360 to RROD. You read some game that the person supposedly bought and they totally trash the Kinect and Xbox but you go into their review history and they own no Xbox stuff and it's all PS3 reviews.

but at least Amazon is not as bad as Metacritic. so it's not like how the Battlefield 3 fanboys bombed the Modern Warfare 3 rating at Metacritic. No matter how much you hate MW3, there's just no way it deserves a 1 or a 0. I'm not a MW3/BF3/Skyrim fan, but the sheer presentation along and the depth of the game modes, it deserved more than a 1 out of 10 rating.

People are so pathetic who do that. I can honestly say I've never even thought of let alone wanted to go and add low scores/fake reviews on Sony or Nintendo games or even games on systems I owned that I had something against or troll Sony or Nintendo oriented websites. People do it on IMDB too, give movies they don't like (or have something against even though they haven't seen them) 1 star out of 10. As bad as some movies are there are very few that deserve 1 star, lol! The same applies to games too obviously.
11-23-2011, 04:47 PM
heh yeah.. its only too bad there isn't a way to allow voting for those who have recieved at least 10-20% of the achievements from the game before they could vote. Then at least it would be known if the person played the game or not.

11-23-2011, 05:10 PM
That's a good idea as well Rick, man you are full of them! Big Grin

[Image: thezeeman.png]
11-23-2011, 09:13 PM
heh Thanks SmileAny way I can help your awesome site you made.

11-24-2011, 04:57 AM
(11-22-2011 09:34 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  Also, as far as the "Kinect Games" forums, maybe for the time being you should put the individual games threads in an "All Games" section in the "Kinect Games" section so that you don't have to scroll all the way down to get to the rest of the other threads?

I agree on this point. I think I understand the reasoning behind the new design (1) make it easier to find threads on any given game and 2) allow people to create new threads without making a polluted mess of threads).

But to scroll the entire page every single time is tiresome.

I don't understand why people don't use the search function more. This site has one of the best search functions of most messageboards.

There has to be a way to get the functionality of this new system without having to scroll the entire list. Maybe put the permanent subforums below the random threads. Or maybe nest the subforums like making an action subforum, minigame collection subforum. I understand nesting is bad. But this new system is heavily nested now already (I have to scroll down to Kinect Disneyland adventures, then click on it, then scroll through the threads and click on the threads individually).

Or just force people to use the search function! Tongue

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
11-24-2011, 05:17 AM
I think a majority of people click on the view new posts button, and the titles in the games thread without anything specific in it were getting confusing, so I figured if they are in an actual game category, when you do view new posts now, it shows what game forum it is in, even if the title just says something generic like "Good game" - does any of that make sense? LOL

[Image: thezeeman.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation Games Filter & Post Rating Clemens 4 1,157 06-14-2011 11:41 AM
Last Post: Clemens
Information Games List v0.1 Clemens 1 875 04-27-2011 11:12 AM
Last Post: meistroracer