/ / /

Another Weight Loss Thing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2011, 02:25 PM
[font=Courier]

Hello people! Another Weight Loss thing.

I've been reading some threads and they have been inspiring and dissapointing at the same time. They seem to just end! People work out, get success then "uh oh" it hits the fan.

Anyway, as part of my new years resolution (Stop smoking, lose weight, yadda yadda yadda) I want to use my Kinect to lose weight and stop being such a fatty!

I've done some stuff already, like the warm up set up thingymabob. (Was bloody knackered after 5 mins and my thighs hurt for 2 days after, seriously unfit)

I would like you to join in with me, tell me how you get on! You can keep your current weight under wraps if you like (I don't know my weight personally 14-15 stone on a 5ft 7 frame??)

I will be going home directly after work and be on Dance Central and Your Shape! I figure an hour in the morning, and one or two at night should do the trick.

Hope you join in Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2011, 03:59 PM
RE: Another Weight Loss Thing
(01-04-2011 02:25 PM)LatterDaysDeano Wrote:  Hello people! Another Weight Loss thing.

I've been reading some threads and they have been inspiring and dissapointing at the same time. They seem to just end! People work out, get success then "uh oh" it hits the fan.

Anyway, as part of my new years resolution (Stop smoking, lose weight, yadda yadda yadda) I want to use my Kinect to lose weight and stop being such a fatty!

I've done some stuff already, like the warm up set up thingymabob. (Was bloody knackered after 5 mins and my thighs hurt for 2 days after, seriously unfit)

I would like you to join in with me, tell me how you get on! You can keep your current weight under wraps if you like (I don't know my weight personally 14-15 stone on a 5ft 7 frame??)

I will be going home directly after work and be on Dance Central and Your Shape! I figure an hour in the morning, and one or two at night should do the trick.

Hope you join in Tongue

Welcome to the community, hopefully there will be some guys/gals ready to loose weight that want to join in.

Good luck!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.png]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2011, 07:04 PM
well im 13st and 5.7 and currently doing slimming world diet and have brought kinects to play when its too cold to go gym
01-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Well, I done what I said I would do. I done some dance central at night and some in the morning, but I felt so much fatter during the day. I felt like my clothes were busting at the seems. I never done anything this morning (woke up late) and I don;t think I'll have time tonight. But I shall be making a healthy dinner, maybe get a quick go on DC. Saving Yourshape for the weekend.
01-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Good luck! I bought my kinect the day it came out with intenions on not being a fatty and only used it for a few days (kids, holidays, got sick, blah blah blah). I started using t again Tuesday (01/04/11) to accomany my new healthier eating. My weight as of 01/04 was 183 and today I weighed in at 178! 5 pounds down!!

I mainly play the dance game along with alternating walking 30 min a day and the 15 min after baby cardio on yourshape.

Keep at it and I hope you continue to post your results! I know personally that video games can assist in losing weigt! 2 years ago I lost 53 (was 209, got down to 156) pounds eating healhy and using my wii as my only exercise. I feel I'll have even more luck with kinect!!!!
01-12-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm with you on this! I have been using the kinect for working out an average of 3 days a week so far and am loving it. I tend to forget that i am really working out when i am playing and do more games than I'd originally intended. yay for extra calories burned!
Good Luck!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Weight Loss Challenge Blog Using Kinect (GRITSplus1) GRITSplus1 21 796 01-29-2011 04:59 AM
Last Post: kinectamama
  My kinect weight loss journey Kendrab2315 29 1,750 01-25-2011 10:52 PM
Last Post: GRITSplus1
  Weight loss for kinect Ninabella 1 118 01-25-2011 08:19 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  Weight loss challange starting at 259lbs! bondbill2k2 4 238 01-24-2011 06:52 PM
Last Post: bondbill2k2
Thumbs Up diabetes/weight loss & my Kinect Rabidmaggot 2 148 01-20-2011 04:21 PM
Last Post: Rabidmaggot
Thumbs Up Kinect Weight Loss Challenge emiingham 22 5,272 01-15-2011 04:59 AM
Last Post: TheZeeMan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!