12-14-2010, 04:14 AM
RE: Another delayed release
I think next CoD will have a gun Tongue

[Image: TheZeeMan.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2010, 07:09 AM
I can't wait for, You don't know jack, Michael Jackson's game, and Child of Eden. Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-14-2010, 07:27 PM
(12-14-2010 12:59 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  
(12-14-2010 12:47 AM)HazyCloud Wrote:  Activision released a hunting game with a gun, but that's the only one I can think of on the 360.

I'm guessing that's only in America? I haven't seen it in the UK anyway. I was hoping for the likes of Virtua Cop 3, House Of The Dead 4 and Rambo though, lol! (Although Duck Hunt on the NES and Safari Hunt on the Sega Master System were fun, but that was like 20+ years ago, lol!) It sucks that you can't use the Xbox lightguns on the Xbox 360 since the controller ports are different on the 2 consoles. Angry

I'm not sure if it's US only or not. Here's Newegg's link to it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6874117130

[Image: HazyCloud.png]
http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
12-14-2010, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2010 07:51 PM by TheZeeMan.)
(12-14-2010 07:27 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  I'm not sure if it's US only or not. Here's Newegg's link to it.

Oh cabela's, yeah we have them in all stores in the US. It's a lightgun with the popular hunting game. I want to buy it, but still trying to justify it, cause Cabela's should be like a $50 game at most, and the gun should be like $10 since it's just a toy Tongue But you also don't need the gun to play it either, but I am curious how they utilized the tech. Since Activision made that game, that's why I foresee the next CoD coming with a gun, because let's face it, CoD is out of ideas and becoming bland Tongue
Reading more on the gun, it uses a sensor bar like the wii, so yeah they are definitely going to integrate it with kinect, so now I'm like more definite that CoD will come with a gun and use kinect. They put the thumbstick to turn on top of the stock, like if you make a gun gesture with your hand, imagine using your thumb to move the thumbstick and using your index finger to pull the trigger. Now I'm really geeked Tongue

12-14-2010, 07:52 PM
I'd take a Kinect game with a gun peripheral. That could be a ton of fun.

12-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Dude it will be awesome! They could probably use the Cabela gun in reality. It's a hybrid shotgun/rifle, so for CQB, it could act as an MP5/HK or whatever era of weapons they are using, and when you're using like a regular rifle/assault gun such as M16, G36, etc the shotgun pump could turn into your noob tube, which I don't know if I like that idea, but noob tubers could get annoyed by having to manually pump it instead of pushing a button so there may be less Tongue

12-14-2010, 08:01 PM
I like what you're thinking. Although, the majority of CoD players are too hardcore to play it with anything other than a controller. Hell, I only play occasionally and would probably prefer a controller. If they did do a Kinect title, it would need to be Kinect only so the playing field is even across the board.

12-14-2010, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2010 08:08 PM by TheZeeMan.)
Yeah definitely across the board. The only problem that the hardcore CoDers will complain about is standing up the whole time, other than that, if they are truly hardcore CoDers, then they will want a realistic experience and adding a gun does that, but more than likely the fanboys aka self-claimed hardcore CoDers will say wahhhh I want a controller because that's the only thing they are good with Tongue

12-14-2010, 08:08 PM
thanks will update them tomorrow in the list Big Grin

[Image: CrackedDiviner.png]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
12-14-2010, 08:12 PM
True about making it a more realistic experience with a gun. The fanboys may just jump on that.

12-15-2010, 07:27 AM
(12-14-2010 07:27 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  
(12-14-2010 12:59 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  
(12-14-2010 12:47 AM)HazyCloud Wrote:  Activision released a hunting game with a gun, but that's the only one I can think of on the 360.

I'm guessing that's only in America? I haven't seen it in the UK anyway. I was hoping for the likes of Virtua Cop 3, House Of The Dead 4 and Rambo though, lol! (Although Duck Hunt on the NES and Safari Hunt on the Sega Master System were fun, but that was like 20+ years ago, lol!) It sucks that you can't use the Xbox lightguns on the Xbox 360 since the controller ports are different on the 2 consoles. Angry

I'm not sure if it's US only or not. Here's Newegg's link to it.

It has only been released in America and I checked Play-Asia (despite their name they also sell games from America) and it shows that it's region coded to US only. Sad
12-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Damn, that sucks.

12-22-2010, 04:12 AM
damn @ brunswick bowling being pushed back so farr smh

Dont nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream
12-22-2010, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2010 05:42 AM by dirtyvu.)
even if you could plug in the xbox light gun into the 360, it wouldn't work just for the fact that light guns require a CRT due to how the technology works.

that's why the LCD Top Gun "light gun" (which isn't technically a light gun) and other similar IR guns like the Cabela gun were so promising since they could be used with the newer HDTVs that weren't CRTs.

hook up your Xbox1, NES, Atari, or Sega machine with a light gun to a plasma, DLP, or LCD TV and see if it works. you'll realize it doesn't.

but with IR, it doesn't matter what kind of TV you have. the only issues with IR is the placement of the IR bars and calibration (though as people will remember, true light guns required constant calibration as well).

IR is a good technology for these gun type games. That's why these "light gun" games are better on the Wii than the Move (Move depends on an RGB cam).
(12-14-2010 08:07 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Yeah definitely across the board. The only problem that the hardcore CoDers will complain about is standing up the whole time, other than that, if they are truly hardcore CoDers, then they will want a realistic experience and adding a gun does that, but more than likely the fanboys aka self-claimed hardcore CoDers will say wahhhh I want a controller because that's the only thing they are good with Tongue

hardcore gamers may want to try the XIM3 device that let's you use the keyboard/mouse combination. Brings precision to a whole new level.

12-22-2010, 11:45 AM
I didn't know old style lightguns didn't work on LCD TVs. That sucks! Sad (I also didn't know there was a new style of lightgun, beyond the lightguns that worked with 100hz/120hz TVs, lol!)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Brunswich Pro Bowling Release date meistroracer 8 338 01-23-2011 06:39 PM
Last Post: meistroracer

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!