Xbox Kinect

/ / v /

Anyone else purchased kinect for christmas and bursting with excitement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone else purchased kinect for christmas and bursting with excitement
12-07-2010, 01:35 PM
RE: Anyone else purchased kinect for christmas and bursting with excitement
me and my husband bought it as a joint xmas presant, but we've decided to start using it now lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2010, 04:31 PM
I know how you all feel! I purchased a Kinect for my family and I. They don't know about it of course. I try to purchase a family present every year as a way to keep us all together. So of course I had to "test it out"
and I am more excited than ever! I can't wait for Christmas morning...I'm not sure how I'm going to surprise them with it...I don't want to just have them open it, I want to do something special...Anybody have any ideas?
12-13-2010, 11:25 PM
I'd have it setup and ready to go. Come in, turn on the TV (Xbox will be on), unpause Dance Central and get to dancing. That should be a good surprise. Obviously if you can think of a better game, go with it.

[Image: HazyCloud.png]
http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
12-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Hey guys, if anyone does decide to like me wait until christmas before opening their kinect, then please add me on xbox live (Ywith), although I probably won't have got round to redeeming the Gold membership until boxing day.

I'm new to the Xbox 360 scene, so don't know anyone on Xbox live yet. So please add me (Gamertag:ywith), as would like to have someone to play kinect games and other xbox 360 games with at Christmas.
12-14-2010, 10:39 PM
(12-14-2010 10:35 PM)ywith Wrote:  Hey guys, if anyone does decide to like me wait until christmas before opening their kinect, then please add me on xbox live (Ywith), although I probably won't have got round to redeeming the Gold membership until boxing day.

Here's a great thread to find people with Kinect to play with.

https://123kinect.com/kinect-forums/thread-103.html

12-15-2010, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2010 11:10 PM by Crimzaelus.)
My brother went out to get it early Dec and I made him test it out...haha so..nope, didn't wait.
But it's okay, I can't play it yet cuz I'm in another city studying for exams. So at least I know it'll be ready by the time I get back!
I can't wait...! Smile
12-15-2010, 08:09 PM
I was looking forward to Christmas but recently my LCD TV decided to have something go wrong with it and now there is a white vertical stripe on the left hand side. I asked TV repair companies how much it'd cost and they told me that I should buy a new TV instead. So I'm stuck with an old 27 inch TV.

Not only do I have to lose quality in the TV but also have to put up with a TV that takes up more space which cuts my play space by 2 feet. I was able to get the flat screen right to the wall but with this, the sensor will be out a foot from the wall.

I'll make the most of the Kinect with the TV but won't experience the real deal until I purchase a new TV. That won't be till the new year though, but I do plan to go bigger from the 32" I had before to a 40". So even though I'll have to suffer a few months, it will be worth it after.
12-16-2010, 05:01 PM
I just ordered an X-Box + Kinect bundle from Gamestop yesterday, for the family Christmas gift. This was a last minute thing - we have been done with our Christmas shopping for about a month now. But my wife and I had been talking about getting it for a few days, if we could fine one - and then some money came in from some relatives for the kids, and her bonus check from work - and suddenly it seemed like we could make it work. So, with 3-day shipping (and I got notice it shipped today) we'll have it in time to put under the tree and surprise the kids. I've been wanting an X-Box 360 since it first came out, but have just never gotten around to getting it. My kids are 6 & 4 and they've just been too young to use it, and any experience with controllers (even the Wii) have only been mildly successful at best (and mostly just a frustrating experience for them) - but they're both VERY excited by Kinect, have seen the demos, and the controller-less play seems like a great fit for them (and I must say, I'm ready to play those types of games too - though I'll enjoy my occasional controller based game as well). It's like the perfect combination. And at least by the time it shows up, I won't have to wait long until Christmas morning to open it up.
12-16-2010, 07:11 PM
I think your kids will love it. Be sure to let us know how much they like their Kinect and Xbox 360. Smile

12-16-2010, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2010 07:58 PM by UndgnfiedWrshpr.)
It's gonna be a wonderful Christmas in so many homes this year. I have nothing to look forward to as I have been playing since launch, but perhaps I'll get some gift cards for Christmas and will be able to get some new launch titles. in 2011. My 4 year old and 3 year old love kinect, so I know your kids will love it.
By the way, He is the reason for the season. Happy birthday to Jesus and Merry Christmas to all.

[Image: UndgnfiedWrshpr.png]
01-21-2011, 06:54 PM
[/align] totally agree i couldnt wait for xmas to get this out and try it , and it has lived up to all the hype and cant wait for more updates and games in the future.Xbox and Kinect ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!