We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-27-2011, 02:22 AM
We need to begin an Avatar Kinect community. Sadly in order to do this, we need to friend invite each other. Anyone who plans on using this app, then send me a friend invite with a message "AK". My GT is: Lord Strategery.

Go ahead and post your GT here as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2011, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2011 07:15 PM by dirtyvu.)
RE: Avatar Kinect Community
here's my first stab at Avatar Kinect. saw a guy "singing" a Japanese song and was inspired.

I should've played with the camera controls a little more and maybe played with the head angles more (via d-pad or thumbstick).

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
08-01-2011, 06:13 PM
My brother and I made a video. I still have to post it though. We should get a community though.

[Image: UndgnfiedWrshpr.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2011, 08:10 AM
here's a cool one that I'm sure a lot of you guys have already seen.

you can tell he did a lot of cuts because he's filming it from the create screen rather than an avatar kinect published video. but it's still an awesome job.

08-07-2011, 01:15 AM
alright, here's another stab with a classic favorite that I hadn't heard in a very long time. life's been kind of crazy for the past while so this song was like some very good chicken soup...

after making this video, I realized some ways Avatar Kinect can be improved. For one, they need to move the controls all to the right side of the controller for camera controls, emotes, etc. Right now, you need to use both hands on the controller. But of course, if you're doing a monologue or dialogue, you want to have free hands to gesture, etc.

So basically, it's too hard to perform and also control the presentation at the same time. You practically need someone else to control the camera, emotes, special effects, etc. while you're doing your performance. Of course, you could storyboard, etc., but that takes a lot of work and while you're performing, you still have to simultaneously remember what special effect or emote to trigger at the right time.

Another thing they can do is allow a full-screen playback of your recorded video. This is so if we have a video capture device like a Hauppauge HD-PVR, we can record the nice quality video that shows on the 360 screen.

Right now, you have to upload your video to Kinectshare which compresses it and adds Microsoft's funky video settings. I know Microsoft is trying to make the videos manageable for upload and download, but it makes it hard to get high quality video from the 360.

So right now, you have to take Microsoft's compressed WMV, convert it to a format that you can work with, and then upload it to Youtube or wherever which adds even more compression on top of the compression the video already had. The original version on the 360 has smooth animation and sharp resolution. But by the time it hits Youtube, the framerate suffers and the artifacts start popping up everywhere.

I've even seen people camcord their videos rather than upload it to Kinectshare. I can understand camcording it in the early days of Avatar Kinect when the servers went all wonky with all the people trying it out at the same time, but now uploading/downloading works pretty well.

Anyway, that's my advice if there are any MS developers reading these forums. I still had fun making this vid.

08-10-2011, 09:31 AM

I saw this awesome one.

08-26-2011, 06:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2011 06:42 AM by dirtyvu.)

Ingrid Michaelson "The Way I Am" rap remix with Vanilla Ice and the Fresh Prince of Bel Air