We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Best Kinect Hack (For A Game) So Far!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best Kinect Hack (For A Game) So Far!
12-29-2010, 01:18 AM
Exclamation Best Kinect Hack (For A Game) So Far!
This is World Of Warcraft controlled pretty much perfectly it seems (I don't know for sure as I've never played it) with Kinect! Big GrinInteresting and very simple control method for moving, simply leaning forward and backward to move forwards and backwards and using the left hand to turn left and right.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2010, 03:03 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2010 03:38 AM by Nick.)
RE: Best Kinect Hack (For A Game) So Far!
This is exactly what I am interested in! Thanks for posting!
Holy smokes! Check out this site! http://people.ict.usc.edu/~suma/faast/videos.html
They have multiple examples of using their app on different PC games. I have already e-mailed them asking how long it will be before custom mapping of gestures is in as one of their features. I am so stoaked to see that someone was working on this.
12-29-2010, 03:42 AM
WoW has a lot of grinding. So I don't know if Kinect would be a good application. I doubt you could be doing WoW stuff for a few hours straight. Plus, how would you handle all the spells and commands that you need to do?
12-29-2010, 05:03 AM
(12-29-2010 03:42 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  WoW has a lot of grinding. So I don't know if Kinect would be a good application. I doubt you could be doing WoW stuff for a few hours straight. Plus, how would you handle all the spells and commands that you need to do?

Hmm... I could play with Kinect for an hour and then continue to "grind" using my 360 controller and chatpad sitting on my butt after I get tired I guess. Why not? I don't play WoW but I'd do it that way.

In regards to handling all the spells and commands. How is that done now? Hotkeys correct? Just assign specific gestures to hotkeys on your keyboard. Done.

I do play a MMO called Darkfall... well, actually haven't played in 6 months but will play again. If I can personally scan-in gestures and map them to keys, I am going to go crazy with this. I'm going to try and make my movements as lifelike as possible. I imagine this would increase immersion dramatically and in the process, burn some calories. Cool
12-29-2010, 01:40 PM
(12-29-2010 03:42 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  WoW has a lot of grinding. So I don't know if Kinect would be a good application. I doubt you could be doing WoW stuff for a few hours straight. Plus, how would you handle all the spells and commands that you need to do?

At the top of my head, I'm guessing performing spells with different armgestures. SmileAnd that's pretty cool and possible.

[Image: SimplyMikael.png]
12-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Or spells could be done using voice commands.

I don't get it....how could someone possibly say Dance Revolution or Dance Party 2 is better then Dance Central? That's like saying, canned chicken is better then roasted chicken. Have they even played Dance Central?
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
12-31-2010, 11:51 PM
(12-31-2010 09:37 PM)UndgnfiedWrshpr Wrote:  Or spells could be done using voice commands.

Has voice use for Open-Kinect been shown? I don't think we have seen a demo using the mic on the Kinect sensor yet. I hope it is possible though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation Greatest Kinect Hack EVER! :D Corellianrogue 0 191 05-14-2011 03:23 PM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
Wink CollegeHumor's Kinect Hack Corellianrogue 2 498 03-16-2011 10:10 AM
Last Post: Clemens
  Any game that you can use your personal Kinect avatar to play in-game? ProjectNatalFan 13 1,177 01-19-2011 02:23 AM
Last Post: Clemens
  sword fighting game, not onrails and very intuitive! peterng25 9 1,523 01-08-2011 11:51 PM
Last Post: peterng25
  RTS game Ruse with Kinect support peterng25 7 1,088 01-04-2011 06:01 AM
Last Post: dirtyvu
Wink Game Rentals bbaxter18 13 1,691 11-11-2010 12:08 AM
Last Post: HazyCloud