/ / v /

Best orientation for xbox 360

Poll: Best orientation for health of xbox 360 slim
Upright vertical is best. I have mine like this, not just because it looks sexy in this position and no problems.
Horizontal lying flat is best, not just because its easier to fit under my TV in this position. No problems for me in this position.
Horizontal is rubbish, my console had issues in this position.
Vertical is rubbish, my console had issues in this position.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Hi guys Just wondered what is the best position for xbox 360 slim to run in. I have got mine horizontal lying flat, but every single picture of the console shows it standing up vertically.

Looked around the forums and people say since might block a vent vertically and stress on disk drive to place horizontally. I'm still unsure though as I've had mine horizontally and I'm the only one that ever seems to have an issue with the slim model on this forum, so everybody else can't be wrong having it vertically. Just thought i'd ask your opinion on what you think i should do orientation wise as I am super paranoid of a second xbox 360 slim breaking on me.

Posting a poll, If you post a vote can it be because you think best for your console rather than, it fits in a gap under tv or by side of tv better in a certain orientation or one looks sexier than the other.

I'm new to the Xbox 360 scene, so don't know anyone on Xbox live yet. So please add me (Gamertag:ywith), as would like to have someone to play kinect games and other xbox 360 games with at Christmas.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2011, 05:07 PM
RE: Best orientation for xbox 360
I've had my Slim horizontal and it seems better with the hot air coming up and out as heat rises. It also looks better in my setup. Smile

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
01-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Well its not blocking that much on the side because the vent is
smaller the best idea is to get small fans attach them to the
bottom put about a inch of somthing pas the fans to keep it
up and then turned on the fans make the fans face up then
optional place fans blowing out on top so when the air heat up
it will raise to the top then exit the consol it will work sideways but
it wont work as well recemmended to install the games you play
but be WARNED! SWITCHING TO ANOTHER POISION WITH
DATA FROM ANOTHER POISISION WILL CAUSE data loss
ony for hard drive unless you transfer hard drives or format could
ruin hard drive reccmended flat built both ways for poeple
who like different poisions or different size space.
01-30-2011, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2011 11:28 AM by meistroracer.)
I used to have my at the bottom of my TV. I wasn't have that much of an issue...so I thought until I started playing Kinect Sports. I noticed the Kinect wasn't getting my full feature and sometimes. It seem inaccurate. So, I moved it on top of my TV. That made a huge difference. Now I am upright and it sees me very well. To me, that the best position for my Kinect and it is staying there. LOL

Correction: I would like to have my vote changed. I missed read the heading...or I didn't fully read that's my fault. I have my xbox 360 horizontal flat..not upright. Sorry!!!

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]
01-31-2011, 01:22 AM
Well I don't have a Slim, but I do have my 360 and PS3 both standing up side by side. Actually, PS3 on left side of TV stand, 360 on right. Never had problems

Front Page
PM Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2011, 07:35 PM
When I first bought the Xbox 360 (original) I always set it up so it was standing vertically. I have heard of rumors from friends that having it stand up was bad for the console, but I don't believe it. Too be honest I did have to send my console in to Xbox 3 times... but I don't think that it was because of it's position. I have had friends who have had it laying flat, and it still had problems.

Now I have the Xbox 360 Slim, but I have it laying flat. Only because I have rearranged my living room, and I didn't feel safe having it stand up on a shelf. I have not had any problems with this console, whatsoever.

[Image: 5177851846_1e51259f42.jpg]
GT: SlammerD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Xbox Pal/NTSC Kinect kavi14 6 1,688 01-03-2011 07:18 AM
Last Post: santoshverma23
  how do i get xbox live free. sande 2 554 12-19-2010 03:52 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  Kinect Bundle NTSC and XBox 360 Pal Leksei4 3 1,041 12-02-2010 04:21 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)