everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

Blackwater - Will It Be Fun?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blackwater - Will It Be Fun?
11-07-2011, 04:08 PM
RE: Blackwater - Will It Be Fun?
They see it as you can't play FPS with Kinect, so its an automatic fail. A lot of reviewers that play FPS have always used mouse/keyboard, and back at that time, it was unheard of to play on a console (thank you halo Tongue) so now its just something new that they don't want to promote or to succeed...the concept of moving around instead of sitting on a couch getting fat is just not welcomed in our lazy country Tongue

[Image: thezeeman.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2011, 05:21 PM
(11-04-2011 04:55 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Yeah I know...the good thing is developers read our stuff here, I'm just hoping they elaborate on our ideas, but realistically devs are the same way as reviewers I've noticed. If a site gives a game a good review, and another site gives it a bad review, the devs will use twitter for example and shout out/boast that website about the good review, and completely ignore the bad review, I'm not going to call out any specific ones, but that's not really doing justice...they should pay more attention to the bad reviews AND the good ones so they can take the best of both worlds and make it better.

On a wierd note, I feel like Kinect is going backwards...we really need some game changers, I'm really hoping these next 2 weeks of piles of games is just not shovelware and something good is in there...we'll see I suppose.

Zeeman I still believe that without a one handed controller with a few buttons and a trigger most developers, especially FPS'ers will steer clear of Kinect. Gamers want to pull a trigger when they fire, push buttons for quick menu navigation and inventory browsing.. and Microsoft is dropping the ball on this one. Its sad because I truly am a fan o' connect.. but I think we'll be seeing the hybrids come out more on PC when the commercial pack comes live next year.
11-08-2011, 05:36 PM
I completely agree with you...Honestly I'm not all about not using any controller for FPS'ers...that's why they really need to work with the gun that was created or create a new one...it'll solve all issues and FPS games will be amazing with it.

[Image: thezeeman.png]
11-09-2011, 01:04 AM

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
11-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Information RE: Blackwater - Will It Be Fun?
(11-08-2011 05:21 PM)Rickmanx Wrote:  
(11-04-2011 04:55 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Yeah I know...the good thing is developers read our stuff here, I'm just hoping they elaborate on our ideas, but realistically devs are the same way as reviewers I've noticed. If a site gives a game a good review, and another site gives it a bad review, the devs will use twitter for example and shout out/boast that website about the good review, and completely ignore the bad review, I'm not going to call out any specific ones, but that's not really doing justice...they should pay more attention to the bad reviews AND the good ones so they can take the best of both worlds and make it better.

On a wierd note, I feel like Kinect is going backwards...we really need some game changers, I'm really hoping these next 2 weeks of piles of games is just not shovelware and something good is in there...we'll see I suppose.

Zeeman I still believe that without a one handed controller with a few buttons and a trigger most developers, especially FPS'ers will steer clear of Kinect. Gamers want to pull a trigger when they fire, push buttons for quick menu navigation and inventory browsing.. and Microsoft is dropping the ball on this one. Its sad because I truly am a fan o' connect.. but I think we'll be seeing the hybrids come out more on PC when the commercial pack comes live next year.

The Xbox 360's joypad is perfectly comfortable to hold in 1 hand. Plus I came up with an even more comfortable way to hold it that I showed in my FPS controls simulation. Seriously, try it yourself. Having said that, I think a small nunchuck/navigator style controller could come in useful for making 3rd person 3D scrolling beat-em-ups as having a regular joypad in your hand would be more awkward and would be a safety risk as it could easily fly out of your hand while punching. (A 3rd person 3D scrolling beat-em-up without a joypad is possible too I think but it would just be easier if you could move your character around with a thumbstick leaving your body free to perform fighting moves that can be tracked 1:1 without worrying about accidently moving the character around when you don't want to.)

Imagine this Kinect hack with using a thumbstick to move around levels as well as enemies and proper graphics obviously:

11-18-2011, 05:34 PM
So since none of the stores here would stock this game I finally decided to buy it through Amazon. I can tell ya its pretty fun! It starts out a bit slow paced but by the 3rd mission it becomes quite challenging. And definitely will remind you of Time Crisis but with far more interactivity. Overall I'd recommend it.. my favorite is still Rise Of Nightmares, but this is not a bad second Smile

[Image: fs.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Blackwater Release Date Tomface 1 802 09-05-2011 12:23 PM
Last Post: Clemens