Xbox Kinect

/ / v /

Broken Kinect Help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Broken Kinect Help!
01-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Broken Kinect Help!
My 10 year old decided to move his Xmas pressie XBox and Kinect sensor to a different room today and dropped the sensor Angry, causing the white plastic bit which joins the base to the top of sensor to break. Any advice on repairing or is it a case of a new sensor? Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2011, 12:21 AM
RE: Broken Kinect Help!
ow, that s*****! Too bad that had yo happen.

Are you able to post a picture of your broken kinect, so we can get an idea of what has happened and what the status is?
Thanks!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.png]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2011, 12:30 AM
Not to be mean, but I pounded it in my kids head that xbox and kinect are off limit, not literally though Tongue Anyway, more than likely you will have to call Microsoft support but I am doubting they cover accidental damage. The only other option would be take it back to the store you bought it from and make a scene and then a manager will swap it out for you Big Grin

[Image: TheZeeMan.png]
01-04-2011, 07:20 PM
any news yet, does the sensor still work?
01-04-2011, 11:40 PM
i think the person that posted this is in JAIL for BEATEN THE CRAP OUTTA HER SON LOL

[Image: tumblr_lewefjYqV21qffkomo1_400.png]
!!GameTag"ZappyGetzOff10"!!
01-05-2011, 12:34 AM
(01-04-2011 12:21 AM)Clemens Wrote:  ow, that s*****! Too bad that had yo happen.

Are you able to post a picture of your broken kinect, so we can get an idea of what has happened and what the status is?
Thanks!

Hi

Pic attached. And yes he has had the biggest bo**ocking of his life! We've now all calmed down about it and if all else fails it's his birthday in Feb so he's asking for cash from friends and family!!

Thanks
Angela

Attached File(s)
.docx  Xbox Kinect.docx (Size: 632.33 KB / Downloads: 16)
01-06-2011, 09:54 AM
(01-04-2011 07:20 PM)debtdummy Wrote:  any news yet, does the sensor still work?

The sensor still works but if you see the pics it is of no use
01-07-2011, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2011 10:16 PM by iGoThud.)
Here's what I'd do....

1st...If the sensor is still working. You might try to see if you could build a custom bracket to hold it stationary... maybe some bean bags? you might have to help it find the "best" tilt. Not sure but I thought I saw an option to turn off the tilt... you might only be able to get one spot that works well while playing. I'd try to get it to work in a "Multi-player" range situation. Only problem I see is a really tall person and a really short person might have troubles playing.

2nd... Look into selling it on E-Bay... recoup a bit of the cost and help support the purchase of a new one.

3rd... Take it apart and see if some good ol super glue or gorilla glue might do the trick... you might find a site on the web that has instructions on taking it apart... I'd do this ONLY IF THERE IS NOTHING ELSE THAT CAN BE DONE!

Personally... I'd see if a stationary mount would work until the unit can be replaced. Then sell the used/broken one on ebay. With all the "HACKERS" using them to connect to PC's there is bound to be one that will buy a working/broken one. Sure a new one will cost 150US but if you could sell the broken one for 1/2 then its only gonna cost 75US...

Heres to lessons learned the hard way!!!!!

[Image: IgoThud.png]
01-12-2011, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 08:29 PM by UndgnfiedWrshpr.)
Yeah, I give a verbal lashing to my 4 year old and 3 year old everyday. "DON'T TOUCH THIS! DO YOU UNDERSTAND? IF YOU TOUCH THIS, IT WILL BE THE LAST THING YOU DO!" I don't really say that, but I do give them gentle reminders all the time not to touch it. Sorry to hear about your kinect. I'm sure your son was devastated when it happened.

[Image: UndgnfiedWrshpr.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-13-2011, 10:27 PM
heres the link for taking it apart if you feel your up to it i personally think it looks pretty easy the video shows some stuff that you wouldnt need to do but youll have to buy the screwdriver (the video says what youll need) GOOD LUCK

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!