We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / /

Brunswick Pro Bowling

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brunswick Pro Bowling
03-06-2011, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2011 08:30 PM by Clemens.)
Brunswick Pro Bowling
Brunswick Pro Bowling

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvGOjW6M9f0AZ6Zt2juw3...oIJTofN2r6]
  • Official site http://www.cravegames.com/BrunswickProBowling/
  • Developer: Crave
  • Genre: Sport
  • Alternative game name: N/A
  • Players: 4
  • Xbox Live supported?: yes
  • Uses avatars?: No, but wish it did
  • Age group: Everyone

Brunswick Pro Bowling - The good
  • The realism of the pins, the alley, the hooks, the bowling balls
  • Small customization of the character you use and the selection of equipment in career mode in Pro Shop
  • Main Menu - Better layout to select a game on.
  • While loading to get to a game, it will display on how to control your ball with mini images. Which is cool, if this is your first time playing the game.
  • Able to turn on or off the oil patterns to a lane, which is very cool. This will also help in picking the right ball for that lane. While playing before or during a game, you can pause the game and a menu comes up. Here you can turn the oil pattern on or off. This is a very helpful feature.
  • Graphics is not horrible but not bad either.
  • Being able to select a ball and keep the same ball or select a different ball.
  • A complete statistics on how well you are doing very detailed and the way it should be.

Brunswick Pro Bowling - The not so good
  • Navigation is horrid.
  • Beginners event tree. (I'll explain later)
  • Releasing a ball
  • Replays
  • Icons too small to skip the AI or skip a replay.
  • Hand icon too quick for selecting.

Brunswick Pro Bowling- Story
There is not like story mode anything in this game, but you do have a career mode once you get into it. It's pretty cool

Brunswick Pro Bowling - Kinect experience

While a lot of negatives of this game, I found that the more I play and ignore these hiccups, the more a true bowling game it is becoming. The more I play the game the more I am really enjoying the game. It is a truly fun experience!

What I like is that the A.I. get splits too in the game making this more real than Kinect Sports Bowling.

Brunswick Pro Bowling - Graphics
Graphics in this game is descent and there really nothing bad about it either.

Brunswick Pro Bowling - Gameplay

I am not going to tare it apart because I am enjoying the game play. It's just getting use to the mechanics of the game. Yes, I still have issues releasing the ball at times. It's either because I am moving my arms to fast for the Kinect Sensor to pick up that's the only thing I can think of why it's not release. Oh plus, you have to be within the the bulleye are. The bullseyes will appear if you are out of reach or no where near the sensor. It will show the location of where you are at (you being the red dot) and the bullseye is the black dot.

Sometimes the ball will release without you doing anything. This happened to me today. Luckily I got a strike out of it. LOL

REPLAYS - this is somewhat annoying. Replays should not be every time you or the AI bowl and knock pins down.

But, I do not like skipping the AI turn, I like to see it's results this is a personal preference.

NAVIGATION - BIG Problem. The main menu is as close to how to select an option vs going to different game modes of the game.

Career mode is one of many examples of navigation issues. After you have select this mode, you have two options. New player or Load player. I selected Load Player. You have a selection of characters you can choose from on the next screen. This is where the issue really is at. You have the character on the left side of the screen, to the right are rectangular slots of characters example rookie 1, rookie 2, extra...each rectangular are underneath each other making very easy to select the wrong character that you want. While you are making your selection from the right side the character will change appearance. I believe there are six selections and underneath these selections are arrows going to next or previous selections.

All secondary and third menus are all like this, making it very hard to select the right one. It's not just in your selection of character either it also like this in all the career modes you select, from League, Tournament and Events. This is where I can see why everyone is so upset with. It took me an hour to get the right character and to figure out the career mode itself. Once you select the one you want, you will have 3 option. League Listings, Tournament Listings, and Rivalry Challenges. This how you get started in the career mode. This took me forever to figure it out. LOL

But, let get back to the good stuff, please. The game isn't all that bad. It is different from Kinect Sport Bowling and you do have better control of your bowl when throwing a hook.

The releasing of the ball is something that I have to practice on. I am starting to go directly to Quick Play mode and practice of how the bowl is being viewed by my sensor. Believe you me!! It is worth doing this before go into a event or a tournament or even a league.

The more I play the game the more I appreciate the effort put into this game. But yeah the navigation system is horrible.

Brunswick Pro Bowling - Multiplayer options
I have not done the multiplayer mode yet. So, I sure the issues are the same in career mode.

Brunswick Pro Bowling - Achievements
The achievements are cheesy in my view, but you get 50 or 100 gamerscores when you unlock them.

You have to unlock certain events to get a hat (?) or a shoe, but I understand that some items boosts your accuracy and speed.

Brunswick Pro Bowling
You have to be a rare breed like myself to ignore the warning signs. (TheZeeMan's review) But sometimes, I have to go with my gut feeling sometimes good and not so good. To me, this game rocks. I love the realism of the game to be able to twist your arm before you deliver and spin the ball. You can not do this in well I could not do this in KSB on a consistent basis.

I am not saying to run out to get this game or anything like it. If you are willing to put up with the navigation and want a true bowling experience, please do not pass this game up.

All I can say that this game is fun and I am not disappoint of getting this game.

More Brunswick Pro Bowling:
[How to play?]
[order info] [news] [screenshots] [alternate review] [achievements]

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Clemens , jc1975
03-10-2011, 02:33 AM
RE: [Brunswick Pro Bowling] Meistroracer's review [6/10]
Another good review of Brunswick Pro Bowling. I pretty much have to agree with everything you mentioned.
03-11-2011, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 12:45 PM by meistroracer.)
@jc1975 -I want to try the online aspect of the game. Would you playing with me? Regardless of how bad online is ... This game remains to me a 6/10. I am not much of an online person, but I want to see it for myself.

Thanks and let me know.

I will also will use this thread to help those that are having issues with this game. Hopefully, I will get started on it after work today. Stay tune!

03-13-2011, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2011 03:10 AM by jc1975.)
Quote:@jc1975 -I want to try the online aspect of the game. Would you playing with me? Regardless of how bad online is ... This game remains to me a 6/10. I am not much of an online person, but I want to see it for myself.

If i ever get my own copy of the game sure. The copy I played resides at my parent's house, or I could borrow it.......if I could get my Dad away from it.
03-13-2011, 04:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2011 04:07 AM by meistroracer.)
@jc1975 - It alright. No problems

I can not do the tutorial here on this review, but I have made a thread under Kinect Games Forum.

Here is the link to it: Brunswick Pro Bowling - Tutorials & Tips

Oh and that's not all. I have unfortunately discovered a bug or something. I was playing in Career Mode, Rivalry Challenge. Here you have to beat the CPU's bowler. You start from the Top and then you would unlock the next name on the list and so on. Plus unlock gifts in the Pro shop too.

Well, I am on the first page up to Farmer Dave. It took me today, 3 attempts to beat it. When I went into the Pro Shop, he's ball was available to purchase. The ball is $5,000.00 the first ball that I have unlocked with at that amount. So I selected and immediate put in slot 3.

So I go out and go directly to Practice. I wanted to see how that ball rolls for that price. Screen comes up, I stretched my right arm out to select ball. I selected Farmer Daves ball. I go to roll the ball. The ball floats up in mid air and keep going up and not going straight down the lane. The screen will go black for a minute or two, then it will say missed...I thought no way. I repeated this several times and it keeps doing the same thing. I selected other balls that I have and I was able to roll the ball down the lane. Now what heck is going on? Why am I not able to roll this ball down the lane? This has got to be a bug a serious one. No no...the more I am thinking about it. this is more of encoding problem. I hope the makers of this game take serious look into this, please.

I wish I had a video camera then i would able show you exactly what I am talking about. Do not get me wrong. The game is fun, but now it has me concerned and thinking. If I beat the next CPU, and get it's ball. Will have the same problem? This I do not know until I play the next CPU.

03-13-2011, 06:23 PM
I finally was able to make a video of this error.

Thanks given by: Clemens , jc1975
03-14-2011, 07:43 PM
^ One word. Broken.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-15-2011, 12:13 PM
(03-14-2011 07:43 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  ^ One word. Broken.

No doubt about it. But it still has not stopped me from playing the game.

Today I have email Crave and put a link in the message to show the video.
Note - When I was putting this video together, I was not hearing my voice at all. Now today, I am hearing my voice. Suggestion just put that on mute!! LOL please. LOL

03-21-2011, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2011 06:43 PM by meistroracer.)
You all are going to be very surprised. But the review I am giving it now after 2 weeks or longer. I am very impressed with the game. The realism is very much there. In spite of all the problems noted on this site, the game is very good.

Oh...that glitch with Farmer Dave's bowling ball is the only one that I have found so far.

Once you find the zone that you are comfortable with you will have a lot of fun with the game. But that is up to you. I stuck with this game and now I am to the point to where I refuse to return this game in. It is a lot of fun.

You do not have to believe me nor trust me on this, but it took me few days to get it to where I am playing the game every day. Whether I play the rival challenge or Tournament event or the League Listing, it very well done.

I have given it an 6/10 earlier now that I have learned and adjusted to the game the game stock has gone up with me. It is now...brace yourselves!!!! 8/10 and I am dead serious on it.

I'll add more on my tutorial page, but I thought to let you all know that this game is for real. Yes, the reviews and mine were harsh early but I took the time to play the game continuously and now I am at the point like I stated of no return. LOL Literally.

Ball control is phenomenal once you get the aiming right and the speed.

Rent the game first and give it a descent one or two weeks.

BTW...this game will not get any higher review until the online gets fixed.

04-02-2011, 11:41 PM
(03-06-2011 03:52 PM)meistroracer Wrote:  Brunswick Pro Bowling

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvGOjW6M9f0AZ6Zt2juw3...oIJTofN2r6]
  • Official site http://www.cravegames.com/BrunswickProBowling/
  • Developer: Crave
  • Genre: Sport
  • Alternative game name: N/A
  • Players: 4
  • Xbox Live supported?: yes
  • Uses avatars?: No, but wish it did
  • Age group: Everyone

Brunswick Pro Bowling - The good
  • The realism of the pins, the alley, the hooks, the bowling balls
  • Small customization of the character you use and the selection of equipment in career mode in Pro Shop
  • Main Menu - Better layout to select a game on.
  • While loading to get to a game, it will display on how to control your ball with mini images. Which is cool, if this is your first time playing the game.
  • Able to turn on or off the oil patterns to a lane, which is very cool. This will also help in picking the right ball for that lane. While playing before or during a game, you can pause the game and a menu comes up. Here you can turn the oil pattern on or off. This is a very helpful feature.
  • Graphics is not horrible but not bad either.
  • Being able to select a ball and keep the same ball or select a different ball.
  • A complete statistics on how well you are doing very detailed and the way it should be.

Brunswick Pro Bowling - The not so good
  • Navigation is horrid.
  • Beginners event tree. (I'll explain later)
  • Releasing a ball
  • Replays
  • Icons too small to skip the AI or skip a replay.
  • Hand icon too quick for selecting.

Brunswick Pro Bowling- Story
There is not like story mode anything in this game, but you do have a career mode once you get into it. It's pretty cool

Brunswick Pro Bowling - Kinect experience

While a lot of negatives of this game, I found that the more I play and ignore these hiccups, the more a true bowling game it is becoming. The more I play the game the more I am really enjoying the game. It is a truly fun experience!

What I like is that the A.I. get splits too in the game making this more real than Kinect Sports Bowling.

Brunswick Pro Bowling - Graphics
Graphics in this game is descent and there really nothing bad about it either.

Brunswick Pro Bowling - Gameplay

I am not going to tare it apart because I am enjoying the game play. It's just getting use to the mechanics of the game. Yes, I still have issues releasing the ball at times. It's either because I am moving my arms to fast for the Kinect Sensor to pick up that's the only thing I can think of why it's not release. Oh plus, you have to be within the the bulleye are. The bullseyes will appear if you are out of reach or no where near the sensor. It will show the location of where you are at (you being the red dot) and the bullseye is the black dot.

Sometimes the ball will release without you doing anything. This happened to me today. Luckily I got a strike out of it. LOL

REPLAYS - this is somewhat annoying. Replays should not be every time you or the AI bowl and knock pins down.

But, I do not like skipping the AI turn, I like to see it's results this is a personal preference.

NAVIGATION - BIG Problem. The main menu is as close to how to select an option vs going to different game modes of the game.

Career mode is one of many examples of navigation issues. After you have select this mode, you have two options. New player or Load player. I selected Load Player. You have a selection of characters you can choose from on the next screen. This is where the issue really is at. You have the character on the left side of the screen, to the right are rectangular slots of characters example rookie 1, rookie 2, extra...each rectangular are underneath each other making very easy to select the wrong character that you want. While you are making your selection from the right side the character will change appearance. I believe there are six selections and underneath these selections are arrows going to next or previous selections.

All secondary and third menus are all like this, making it very hard to select the right one. It's not just in your selection of character either it also like this in all the career modes you select, from League, Tournament and Events. This is where I can see why everyone is so upset with. It took me an hour to get the right character and to figure out the career mode itself. Once you select the one you want, you will have 3 option. League Listings, Tournament Listings, and Rivalry Challenges. This how you get started in the career mode. This took me forever to figure it out. LOL

But, let get back to the good stuff, please. The game isn't all that bad. It is different from Kinect Sport Bowling and you do have better control of your bowl when throwing a hook.

The releasing of the ball is something that I have to practice on. I am starting to go directly to Quick Play mode and practice of how the bowl is being viewed by my sensor. Believe you me!! It is worth doing this before go into a event or a tournament or even a league.

The more I play the game the more I appreciate the effort put into this game. But yeah the navigation system is horrible.

Brunswick Pro Bowling - Multiplayer options
I have not done the multiplayer mode yet. So, I sure the issues are the same in career mode.

Brunswick Pro Bowling - Achievements
The achievements are cheesy in my view, but you get 50 or 100 gamerscores when you unlock them.

You have to unlock certain events to get a hat (?) or a shoe, but I understand that some items boosts your accuracy and speed.

Brunswick Pro Bowling
You have to be a rare breed like myself to ignore the warning signs. (TheZeeMan's review) But sometimes, I have to go with my gut feeling sometimes good and not so good. To me, this game rocks. I love the realism of the game to be able to twist your arm before you deliver and spin the ball. You can not do this in well I could not do this in KSB on a consistent basis.

I am not saying to run out to get this game or anything like it. If you are willing to put up with the navigation and want a true bowling experience, please do not pass this game up.

All I can say that this game is fun and I am not disappoint of getting this game.

More Brunswick Pro Bowling:
[How to play?]
[order info] [news] [screenshots] [alternate review] [achievements]
It's just bowling. How thrilling is that?
05-08-2011, 02:11 PM
(04-02-2011 11:41 PM)Mrzocor Wrote:  It's just bowling. How thrilling is that?

You know. I was not the only one that was looking forward to this game. Yes. It's just Bowling as you put it. But this game could and should have been so much more.

"How thrilling is that?" you asked? Well, you are missing the point if you have not played this sport before. Oh and try Kinect Sports Bowling. It's has full arm motion like real bowling. This version of bowling is unique and quite different.

But thanks for asking. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Accessories] CTA Kinect Bowling Ball TheZeeMan 0 1,465 09-17-2011 07:16 AM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  Brunswick Pro Bowling Kinect Review TheZeeMan 24 10,342 03-09-2011 01:45 PM
Last Post: Clemens