• Alternative game name: N/A
  • Players: 4
  • Xbox Live supported?: Yes
  • Uses avatars?: No
  • Age group: Everyone

Brunswick Pro Bowling - The good
  • Graphics are good
  • The concept for a realistic bowling atmosphere is there
  • Has real league play up to 4 players, so you could have real leagues each weekend like the real thing

Brunswick Pro Bowling - The not so good
  • Controls need a lot of work
  • Physics need a lot of work
  • Needs a patch to be more accurate
  • Once those 3 things are fixed, we'd have a real bowling game

Brunswick Pro Bowling - Story
Not really a story mode, but there is a career mode. The career mode allows you to do league play, tournaments and rival play.

Brunswick Pro Bowling - Kinect experience
Unfortunately the game still needs work. I figured after the initial delay they were taking their time to make it perfect, this was not the case. I'm not sure what the delay was for but it definitely had nothing to do with the game itself. I haven't cracked the code, so to speak, on how to throw the ball.

Typically when I bowl, I use my left hand to hold up the ball, and throw with my right. In this game you can't do that. Your left hand/arm is primarily for aiming. So if for years you have used your left hand to hold up a ball, you are going to have issues with this game.

Next is throwing. There's some formula to it, but I don't get it. Sometimes the ball gets stuck to your hand and it takes forever to get it to release. I tried everything, shooting lower, standing still, stepping and throwing, even sidearm. Nothing worked.

Lastly, is physics. You can whip the ball as hard as possible, and it always measures it at 19-20MPH. If you bowl normal, it's like 10-12MPH and the ball barely moves. This really needs to be fixed.

Brunswick Pro Bowling - Graphics
The graphics are fine, nothing spectacular, normal for an xbox game.

Brunswick Pro Bowling - Gameplay
The actual concept of how they set everything up is great, however the controls make the game suffer. If Farsight would of used Rare's controls, this would be the best bowling game ever, but they used their algorithm and it needs work.

Brunswick Pro Bowling - Multiplayer options
There is xbox live head to head, although its not even worth playing to be honest. Once they fix the controls, if ever, then it'd be cool.

Conclusion
Overall, save your money. Unfortunately I'm out $50 USD due to this rubbish. When and if it gets patched, I will re-review and update you, otherwise if you absolutely must try a new kinect game, then that's your decision.

[Image: TheZeeMan]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2011, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2011 09:46 AM by Clemens.)
RE: [Brunswick Pro Bowling] Another let down... [4/10]
Thanks Z, too bad about the game.

Could you elaborate a bit more on what makes "The actual concept of how they set everything up is great"?

By the way, it is weird that this game does not have great controls, as they seemed to be able to pull it of with Game Party: In Motion

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Agreed, it's very confusing. Bowling controls should not be that difficult Smile I don't get how they did ok for 15 mini-games but one type of sport has issues. The concept of real bowling, like in the states, we have leagues at bowling alleys. Your league is usually like 4-8-12 people, then as you play each week, you accumulate points as a team, then at the end of the season whoever has the most points wins a cash prize. They have that in the game, and then you can use that cash at the pro shop to buy new bowling balls, clothes, etc. That's why I was saying the concept is there for a real bowling game, but it just needs help on the controls.

02-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Yeah, wasn't expecting much from this game since it was panned on the PS3/Move and the Wii. Its MSRP for the PS3 is only $30. The MSRP for the Wii version is only $20. I can't believe they tried to fly it on the Kinect for $50.
02-24-2011, 09:30 PM
(02-24-2011 08:29 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  Yeah, wasn't expecting much from this game since it was panned on the PS3/Move and the Wii. Its MSRP for the PS3 is only $30. The MSRP for the Wii version is only $20. I can't believe they tried to fly it on the Kinect for $50.

Pretty much my thought as well, I'm disappointed but not surprised. The game was getting horrible reviews before the Kinect version, I couldn't see them taking the time to improve it for the Kinect release.
02-24-2011, 10:19 PM
LOL I had my hopes but oh well Tongue

02-25-2011, 08:01 AM
how come Amazon is showing it as a preorder and not released yet?
02-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Not sure, I had to go to Gamestop to get it. I went to Best Buy at first, they had them in the back, but said they aren't putting them out for sale yet.

02-26-2011, 02:22 PM
TheZeeMan...when were BestBuy planning on selling the game? Disappointing that this game already have issues!!!!

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]
02-26-2011, 05:48 PM
They didn't say, but the original street date was 3/31...so they may be waiting until then.

02-27-2011, 02:32 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2011 02:33 AM by dirtyvu.)
I saw this tutorial video for this game:

I still can't believe how slow the game looks. It's like watching those girls throw lightly and waiting forever for the ball to get to the pins.

I feel really bad for the PGA pro to try to teach the tutorial.

Zee, wow, you got zapped by mygamercard...
02-27-2011, 03:22 AM
(02-27-2011 02:32 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  I saw this tutorial video for this game:

I still can't believe how slow the game looks. It's like watching those girls throw lightly and waiting forever for the ball to get to the pins.

I feel really bad for the PGA pro to try to teach the tutorial.

Zee, wow, you got zapped by mygamercard...

Wow. Even the tutorial makes the game look boring. Compare the excitement factor to Gunstringer and it a no brainer in my opinion.
02-27-2011, 04:38 AM
How dull was that guy? Sleepy And the player's character looked ridiculous, totally robotic and didn't even bend! It just swings its arm back and forwards then drops the ball, lol!
02-27-2011, 06:58 AM
Wow, this game seem boring, how they failed so badly ? Even if kinect sports bowling is not perfect, it's seem better than this game, i mean they had 2-3 more month than kinect sports to develop it, and just 1 sport to concentrate on. A lot of people were waiting for a bowling game after being teased by kinect sports bowling.

But maybe my opinion is too harsh, because i didn't tried it yet.

[Image: legreffer.jpg]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
02-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Sleepy Sleepy Is the video over? I can't not believe how slow this game is compared to Kinect Sports Bowling. It can not be that slow. I don't have the game but.....WWTT?(What were they think?)

As frustrating Kinect sports bowling is, it is faster and better than this. How sad to say this? Am I wrong to say this, even though I do not have the game? But wow.

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!