We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Call of Duty with Kinect!

01-10-2011, 07:30 PM
[caption id="attachment_8467" align="aligncenter" width="600" caption="Call of Duty can actually be played with Kinect!"][/caption]

Playing hardcore games with Kinect...it has been the question on the mind of a lot of gamers. Now, thanks to Kinect working on Windows, and some genius hacking, we might have just gotten a glimps of how this might look, because... Call of Duty is actually playable with Kinect! Read on for more information.

Call of Duty on Kinect, it's hardcore!
So Call of Duty was made working on Kinect. The hack uses a combination of the Kinect sensor, and the Wiimote. The Wiimote is used for moving and shooting and Kinect is used for everything else. Have a look at the video and be amazed!

So what we saw is that the Wiimote nunchuck is used in this Call of Duty hack to move you around. All tracking is done by Kinect, so the Wiimote is just providing buttons for moving around and pulling the weapon trigger.

Kinect takes care of these body input methods:

Lean left and right by leaning your body
Swap weapons by quickly sticking out your left arm
Reload by bringing your hands together
Look down the weapon sight by sticking out your right arm
Jump and duck by actually jumping and ducking
Execute a melee attack by quickly sticking out your left arm
Throw a grenade by making a throwing motion with your left arm

I think this is clear evidence of that hardcore gaming on Kinect will be possible, and will provide for a more fun and more emmersive experience. Microsoft...please create a nunchuck style controller for Kinect and let me play Call of Duty on Xbox 360 with Kinect. Please!

Are you guys just as amazed and excited as I am? Do you see the possibility of having hardcore Kinect games like this? And do you think Microsoft will ever create a controller for Kinect? Please let me know in the comments, I'd love to know what you guys think about this!

From 123 Kinect Article: Call of Duty with Kinect!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2011, 07:38 PM
RE: Call of Duty with Kinect!
I seen this coming way before it was hacked Tongue The Cabela game was just a test...and I'm sure it was successful, next CoD will definitely be packaged with a light gun! The couch gamers are going to complain though.

[Image: thezeeman.png]
01-11-2011, 02:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 02:21 AM by ywith.)
RE: Call of Duty with Kinect!
Is it just me, but this just looks like call of duty on the wii. This is clearly a fake. I've got COD world at war on the wii and the gestures for changing weapons etc are pretty much the same. You don't need kinect for any of what he did.

As far as jump and crouch, they are buttons on the nunchuck he presses as he jumps in the video. Kinect isn't doing anything.

The looking around is just the wii mote tilt to choose to look up or down or left or right, which I found really frustrating to be honest when I played it.

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but he is just playing COD on a wii. No special kinect stuff at all in this video.

I might have to retract my old comment that this is a fake as there are some other videos of this guy controlling without a wii mote doing rainbow six (look at links in the youtube video above).

So the jumps probably were real. However, I'd still say that all those features are currently in the wii version of this game with the gestures etc. So not really anything special in the COD version. Rainbow six hands to control team-mates is a good idea. Not looked at doom yet. Will see how that works. And the zelda one (see the links in this guys youtube video)

I'm new to the Xbox 360 scene, so don't know anyone on Xbox live yet. So please add me (Gamertag:ywith), as would like to have someone to play kinect games and other xbox 360 games with at Christmas.

NOTE: Responding to threads is only done through Disqus in the Kinect News forum - to keep it in sync with he frontpage comments (no registration required):