everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Can I reset the updtes? Kinect works badly after I was online

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-18-2011, 05:37 AM
SadSadYesterday I connected my xbox to the internet for the first time and made a xboxlive account. The xbox needed some updated for going online and also the game. I accepted the updates. I also downloaded some demos.
I have my kinect since October and there where no problems I have played kinectimals, adventures and dance central without probloems. Now the kinect want med to recalibrate everytime I start a game SadSadSadSadThis is noo fun. And kinect says that it sees me good ( and I'm lookin great) and it hears me good too. Still it is asking for the settings or kinect tune. I can't even start playing the demo kinect sports season 2 because of the tuner all the time that want go away.
Can I reset the updates? I'm frustrated that something that worked good is getting really bad after an update. If this countinues I will not have my xbox anymore. It is no fun spending a lot of time for calibration for each game and soe even do not start after calibration that went out well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2011, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2011 10:58 AM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: Can I reset the updtes? Kinect works badly after I was online
Try running the start of the calibration, the part where Kinect scans the room, while standing outside of Kinect's field of view. I had a problem with Kinect not working and saying it couldn't see the floor and doing that fixed it.
11-18-2011, 05:12 PM
RE: Can I reset the updtes? Kinect works badly after I was online
(11-18-2011 10:57 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  Try running the start of the calibration, the part where Kinect scans the room, while standing outside of Kinect's field of view. I had a problem with Kinect not working and saying it couldn't see the floor and doing that fixed it.

Thank you. How do I do that? The kinect has not asked me for leaving the room. It has calibrated me and my voice and the card with eyes and mouth.
11-18-2011, 05:34 PM
(11-18-2011 05:12 PM)cazz2 Wrote:  
(11-18-2011 10:57 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  Try running the start of the calibration, the part where Kinect scans the room, while standing outside of Kinect's field of view. I had a problem with Kinect not working and saying it couldn't see the floor and doing that fixed it.

Thank you. How do I do that? The kinect has not asked me for leaving the room. It has calibrated me and my voice and the card with eyes and mouth.

I mean the first part when you run the Kinect Tuner, not the actual "Calibration" option. When you enter the "Kinect Tuner" section it asks you to push a button on the joypad to start the Kinect tuning and the first thing it does is scan the room. If you stand outside of Kinect's view when you push the button on the joypad for that first part it might fix the problem. Just make sure you stand back in front of Kinect for the next parts where it looks for your head then applies the skeleton and tests the tracking. (You have to push the button on the joypad again for each of those parts so you can't miss them unless you accidently press the button before you're ready.)
11-20-2011, 02:27 AM
Thank you for the tip. I tried that and some other things that the support made me do like remove the updates and update again and cleared the system cahce. The other games seems to work now. I even made my lamp shorter but kinect sports season 2 will not start. I deleted the demo and downloaded it again but still not working the kinect tuner just loops all the time. I s kinect sports season 2 very sensitive?
11-20-2011, 08:06 PM
(11-20-2011 02:27 AM)cazz2 Wrote:  Thank you for the tip. I tried that and some other things that the support made me do like remove the updates and update again and cleared the system cahce. The other games seems to work now. I even made my lamp shorter but kinect sports season 2 will not start. I deleted the demo and downloaded it again but still not working the kinect tuner just loops all the time. I s kinect sports season 2 very sensitive?

I haven't got Kinect Sports 2 yet but it should at least start. Although that sounds just like the problem I was getting with Kinect once but I managed to fix it by doing what I said before. It was just like a last ditch thing I though of though as I thought my Kinect was actually broken! I haven't had problems since then though other than the accuracy update that made Kinect more sensitive to baggy clothing so I had to roll up my sleeves for Child Of Eden, lol!
11-21-2011, 08:43 PM
(11-20-2011 02:27 AM)cazz2 Wrote:  Thank you for the tip. I tried that and some other things that the support made me do like remove the updates and update again and cleared the system cahce. The other games seems to work now. I even made my lamp shorter but kinect sports season 2 will not start. I deleted the demo and downloaded it again but still not working the kinect tuner just loops all the time. I s kinect sports season 2 very sensitive?

The first time you go online with the kinect and xbox live you need to make your Kinect ID. it basically binds that ID to certain accounts with a scan/poses.

I wonder if that was the problem and as for the DEMO, it might be shut down. They usually shut down the demo after the game is out. They have done this for mos online multi player demo's anyway.

however, i might be wrong its just an assumption.
11-22-2011, 08:53 PM
(11-21-2011 08:43 PM)Jersmall Wrote:  

The first time you go online with the kinect and xbox live you need to make your Kinect ID. it basically binds that ID to certain accounts with a scan/poses.

I wonder if that was the problem and as for the DEMO, it might be shut down. They usually shut down the demo after the game is out. They have done this for mos online multi player demo's anyway.

however, i might be wrong its just an assumption.

I hope note the scan is locked to my ID because I sat down on the florr with the phone. The other demos like cheers greaseleela fantastic pets worked fine. I have also tried to move my lamp so it is closer to the roof now but that did not help. I guess kinect sports season 2 is hard to track. I'm glad that I can play the other games now.
11-22-2011, 09:03 PM
i have recently purchased kinect sports 2 and it sees everything fine for me. apart from darts either that or i just cant do that game properly
11-22-2011, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2011 09:09 PM by Corellianrogue.)
Question RE: Can I reset the updtes? Kinect works badly after I was online
Why did you sit down on the floor with the phone during Kinect ID? HuhAlthough funnily enough that's similar to how (or at least when) my Kinect went wrong. I was seeing if it was possible to play Kinect Sport's table tennis sitting down, lol! So maybe using Kinect sitting down for games that don't support it can mess up Kinect?
(11-22-2011 09:03 PM)Crraigan Wrote:  i have recently purchased kinect sports 2 and it sees everything fine for me. apart from darts either that or i just cant do that game properly

Make sure you haven't done what Gamespot did. They selected the darts with one hand but then tried to play it with the other and it didn't work properly. You have to select with the hand you want to play with.
11-23-2011, 05:14 AM
(11-22-2011 09:07 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  Why did you sit down on the floor with the phone during Kinect ID? HuhAlthough funnily enough that's similar to how (or at least when) my Kinect went wrong. I was seeing if it was possible to play Kinect Sport's table tennis sitting down, lol! So maybe using Kinect sitting down for games that don't support it can mess up Kinect?
(11-22-2011 09:03 PM)Crraigan Wrote:  i have recently purchased kinect sports 2 and it sees everything fine for me. apart from darts either that or i just cant do that game properly

Make sure you haven't done what Gamespot did. They selected the darts with one hand but then tried to play it with the other and it didn't work properly. You have to select with the hand you want to play with.

I was on the phone with microsoft kinect support. That was why I was sitting down,. But I did stand up when I did the kinect tuner when it scanned and looked after me. The rest of the time I was sitting down.
When I play the games I'm standing up. Lol it would be hard to play dance central sitting. But when I play lips I sit and that works perfectly it is only singing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  online etiquette? Ace12me 10 2,678 06-22-2011 05:07 PM
Last Post: amillermba
  How Do I Connect to a Friend to Play Kinect Sports Online??? Jhoee89 10 9,171 12-23-2010 04:10 AM
Last Post: TheLiveLegand