everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Child of Eden

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Child of Eden
02-25-2011, 05:07 AM
Child of Eden
surprised there's no dedicated Child of Eden thread.

so since IGN just released an extensive preview of the latest build, maybe it's time to have a dedicated thread:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1152023p1.html

It looks like they got rid of the Rez game mechanics. But I never was a huge fan of the Rez mechanics anyway. They're digging the Kinect version a lot.

they have quite a few new gameplay videos:

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2011, 05:43 AM
Question RE: Child of Eden
The new footage looks awesome! Big Grin What do you mean they've got rid of the Rez game mechanics? The only difference I can see is that it's in first-person perspective instead of third-person. (And they might have removed the ability to look to your left and right (and behind? or was that just in Panzer Dragoon?) so you can shoot enemies there too. Which would actually be a shame as I can imagine head tracking being great for that, better than a joypad!)
02-25-2011, 07:54 AM
RE: Child of Eden
you could be right. in Rez, you paint the targets and then unleash your guns.

here, he's guiding a gun that always fires and unleashing special weapons with special motions.

if you look at the old Child of Eden demos/previews, the old demo showed Rez mechanics. you guide the reticle to paint the targets and then you do a swipe to unleash your weapons. it's what made it look like a conductor with an orchestra. but because of all that motion, maybe they couldn't get the game to feel precise and switched to this new mechanism. i'm sure the new mechanism is more precise but for a person watching the gamer, it's less fun because it just looks like a guy slowly moving his hand to shoot the targets.

but I just looked up an old preview just now and it states there are 2 modes in the game and you can switch between the modes by clapping your hands together: 1) no ability to lock but constant shooting (seen in the above videos) and 2) you lock the targets and then initiate the attack.

since the above videos didn't show the Rez mechanics, it's hard to tell if they simply didn't show it or if they removed it altogether. Considering the guy playing the game played with Rez and with Child of Eden way back at TGS, you would think he would use both modes during gameplay.

Gunstringer is closer to what Rez was than Child of Eden in terms of game mechanics. In Gunstringer, you target the baddies and then cock and fire the gun to unleash your barrage.
02-25-2011, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2011 08:23 AM by Corellianrogue.)
Huh? Huh Watch the videos again, he uses lock-on mode loads of times in each one and it's still activated by clapping and fired by making a fist then opening it, like "magic".
02-25-2011, 08:46 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/events/msshowcas...ay_btn%3B7

wow. the gamespot videos are even more beautiful...
03-30-2011, 11:51 PM
Exclamation RE: Child of Eden
Child Of Eden launch trailer! Big Grin

04-01-2011, 12:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2011 12:43 AM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: Child of Eden
Here's a great hands-on preview video:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-road...n/17-3906/
Notice that (as the Ubisoft guy says about 3/4 into the video) he's using an alternate control scheme where instead of clapping to change weapons you simply use the right hand for lock-on and the left hand for rapid fire.
05-05-2011, 04:08 AM
long child of eden tutorial. real hands-on

05-05-2011, 05:28 AM
(05-05-2011 04:08 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  long child of eden tutorial. real hands-on

Thanks man, I inserted it in the article I'm writing, which will be on the frontpage soon Big Grin

[Image: legreffer.png]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)