everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Christmas Kinect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Christmas Kinect
12-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Christmas Kinect
So, I got my kids a Kinect for Christmas...and of course they HAD to have it hooked up RIGHT NOW!!!!

I have an original XBox 360 (still hasn't RROD'd YET...LOL)

I have a multimedia room in my basement consisting of:

Ceiling mounted Epson EX7200 1080p projector (108" screen)
Harmon Kardon AVR 154 receiver
On-Q/Legrand 364765-02-V1 6 1/2" in-ceiling speakers
Sony SA-W2500 10" subwoofer hidden inside a bookshelf
Samsung BD-C5500 blu-ray player
1st Gen XBox 360
Wii

Right now I'm using a white sheet for the screen (its on a block wall). I will soon be putting drywall over 1" slats (so that I can run wires behind the screen) and painting it with projector paint.

I rarely use the blu-ray player because I use Media Center on the XBox for movies/music/photos. (I have a Windows Home Server 2011 box with two 2TB drives)

I needed to find a good solution for mounting the Kinect, and I found one HERE Big thanks to amillermba! I just need to make a bracket to mount it to the ceiling at an angle, and get an extension cable.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2011, 06:17 PM
RE: Christmas Kinect
wow! huge screen! i'm jealous... Tongue

Merry Christmas!!!!

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
12-25-2011, 07:43 PM
wow, nice setup!!

Great to hear you were able to mount Kinect better than on the box Tongue. How is your family enjoying Kinect so far?

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-25-2011, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2011 08:52 PM by bradleyem.)
(12-25-2011 06:17 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  wow! huge screen! i'm jealous... Tongue

Merry Christmas!!!!

Thanks, the kids LOVE playing with lifesize charachters...lol

Now I just need a bigger room......

I have a sleeper sofa that is in the sweet spot for Kinect use. Any further forward, and your head blocks part of the screen. So I need to move the sofa somewhere, and mount the Kinect from the ceiling. Problem is, the couch is against the back wall, and since we watch movies there too, I need to have seating Huh Really, the room is just too darn small Angry

(12-25-2011 07:43 PM)Clemens Wrote:  wow, nice setup!!

Great to hear you were able to mount Kinect better than on the box Tongue. How is your family enjoying Kinect so far?

Well, I haven't mounted it yet. I need to make a ceiling mount, and I need to buy/run an extension cable. The ceiling is drywall, so I'll need do some tricky fishing to get the wire there and have it all concealed.

They just got it this morning, and they ABSOLUTELY LOVE it....

A local computer store (Micro Center) had refurbished Kinects for $119.99. They then had an advertised sale for $89.99. When I went to get one, there were no more on the shelf. I asked an employee, and he got one for me. I remarked to him "For $89.99 you can't go wrong." and he said "Actually, it's $59.99 right now." Big Grin

I should have bought another one to play with on my PC.....
12-25-2011, 09:11 PM
yeah, the short throw projectors are ideal for this situation but of course that means replacing your beloved projector

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
12-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Well........now I'm in trouble....the wheels are turning Confused

My basement has 3 finished rooms plus an unfinished laundry/utility area. One finished room is a weight room, one is the media room, and one is my office. The weight room is on the other side of the stairs from the media room, so I can't do anything with that (It's also too small anyway). But my office is really bigger than I NEED. So, now I'm thinking of moving the wall between the media room and my office. This will add around 7 feet of depth to the media room. There would be a jog in the wall at the back where the furnace is boxed in, and that would be a perfect place to move my mini fridge to, and even have a little "snack bar" type area. Well, another one of those times when just getting one little thing turns into a big project......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  hello! Christmas Kinect!! newbie! reginamicia 6 829 01-03-2012 06:04 PM
Last Post: m0st W4nt3d 1