We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Clothes to wear with kinect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-13-2010, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2010 01:04 AM by ywith.)
Hi guys, heard the kinect doesn't work with baggy clothes. Just wondered if anyone found any difference in accuracy based on what you were wearing?

I'm new to the Xbox 360 scene, so don't know anyone on Xbox live yet. So please add me (Gamertag:ywith), as would like to have someone to play kinect games and other xbox 360 games with at Christmas.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2010, 05:52 AM
RE: Clothes to wear with kinect
I have actually noticed that the Kinect has problems recognizing my feet when I wear my big baggy sweats that cover them. So a lot of time when I'm playing a game like Dance Central or Kinect Adventures, I will wear shorts. That's the only little problem I've had, and besides after a few minutes playing Kinect, I start getting hot and want to take my sweats off anyways.

[Image: 5177851846_1e51259f42.jpg]
GT: SlammerD Forum Rules
11-13-2010, 06:53 AM
I was wearing my baggy hoodie and it couldn't pick up my arms right it got a error so I switched to wearing just a plain t-shirt and my joggin pants *easier for playing games then jeans* and had no troubles sense then

[Image: Terrin.png]
11-13-2010, 08:44 AM
i didn't had any problems with clothing, but this is only the 4th day i have it.
11-14-2010, 08:59 PM
normally put my pj's on shorts tshirt version lol for night play, normally wear my trackie bottoms and they are kinda baggy and i still get great tracking with all games.

[Image: NO+SUPER+POWERS.png]
SHARE THE KINECT Heart
11-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Ya mine has tracking issues due to baggy clothes, but improper lighting also doesn't help. I ended buying a track outfit for it lol

[Image: TheZeeMan]
11-15-2010, 12:30 AM
It picks me up quite well, but depending on the lightning conditions more so than the clothing in my view.

I calibrated Kinect multiple times, and especially now that I hit the main lights in my room of the ceiling, I think I need to do some recalibration again Tongue(and buy a new set of lights!). As there's a slight difference in accuracy from what it was before.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-28-2011, 05:39 PM
I had serious erratic hand movement on the screen and the sensor would not recognize me, but I was not wearing baggy clothes. My shirt was loose fitting, but not baggy. However, it was black and 65% polyester/ 35% viscose content. I tried multiple calibrations and locations of the sensor and no success. I changed to a cotton shirt and it worked fine. go figure that one out.
04-29-2011, 01:40 AM
I usually start playing with shorts and a t-shirt then end up with just my shorts. I also wear MMA gloves everytime i play boxing. i like the feel of the gloves and its also extra ounces on the end of my hands. once in a while when i try to choose wih my hand and glove it twitches a bit.

From my own observations the only other time the hand twitches is with a long sleeve shirt. from the perspective of the kinect looking straight at your hand, it may see the hand messed up having something on your wrist. I play with PJ bottoms sometimes and i dont seem to have issues with that.
04-29-2011, 01:58 AM
(04-29-2011 01:40 AM)Jersmall Wrote:  I usually start playing with shorts and a t-shirt then end up with just my shorts. I also wear MMA gloves everytime i play boxing. i like the feel of the gloves and its also extra ounces on the end of my hands. once in a while when i try to choose wih my hand and glove it twitches a bit.

From my own observations the only other time the hand twitches is with a long sleeve shirt. from the perspective of the kinect looking straight at your hand, it may see the hand messed up having something on your wrist. I play with PJ bottoms sometimes and i dont seem to have issues with that.

You got no problems playing without a shirt? I had trouble in Your Shape especially when my hand passes in front of my chest.

[Image: legreffer.png]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
04-29-2011, 03:09 PM
(04-29-2011 01:58 AM)legreffer Wrote:  
(04-29-2011 01:40 AM)Jersmall Wrote:  I usually start playing with shorts and a t-shirt then end up with just my shorts. I also wear MMA gloves everytime i play boxing. i like the feel of the gloves and its also extra ounces on the end of my hands. once in a while when i try to choose wih my hand and glove it twitches a bit.

You got no problems playing without a shirt? I had trouble in Your Shape especially when my hand passes in front of my chest.

I have not played your shape much at all but the time i did, i did not have any problems.. more often then not im playing boxing shirtless beacause i get so warm and start sweating after 10-30 fights in a row. I also have my MMA gloves black fake leather and i still have no problems blocking or punching. same for any other kinect sport like javelin or disc throw i dont get any problems.

the only time ive had problems is having long sleeves.
05-02-2011, 08:51 PM
(11-13-2010 08:44 AM)sande Wrote:  i didn't had any problems with clothing, but this is only the 4th day i have it.

I've had it ages and never had any problems, except it sometimes doesnt like some colored clothes (but only sometimes)..

Get Kinected!
Im on Playfire:
[Image: default.png]
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Users that wear glasses and Kinect meistroracer 5 590 02-14-2011 02:29 AM
Last Post: Clemens

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)