everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

"Conductor Hero"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Conductor Hero"
05-24-2011, 07:12 PM
"Conductor Hero"
I could see a Kinect game where you play the part of a small community orchestra.

Starting off you little troupe of musicians has a limited selection of music they can play. There's also a smaller selection of instruments. The goal of each concert is to properly conduct the orchestra as it plays through various classical music pieces.

The more concerts you do (and the better the concert goes), the more money you earn. With more money you can purchase more challenging music and hire more musicians (adding more instruments in the process). It would work similarly to Dance Central (would be a form of a dancing game I suppose) where you have to time your arm movements just right to get the right section of the orchestra to play the music as it should.

As you get more fame from your conducting skills, you move up to more well-known orchestras and play in more famous venues.

Part of me made this up because I thought it would be silly but, then again, I do think if done properly, something like this could actually be pretty decent.

[Image: 81074.png]
The fact that the Sun is maize and the sky is blue is neither in our control, nor is something we fraudulently contrived. It just shows that God has excellent taste in colors.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Information RE: "Conductor Hero"
It's not that silly, there's already at least 1 conducting game on the Wii called Wii Music Orchestra, lol!

Find all posts by this user
05-24-2011, 08:36 PM
RE: "Conductor Hero"
ah, I didn't know such a beast already existed. I wonder how well it sold.

[Image: 81074.png]
The fact that the Sun is maize and the sky is blue is neither in our control, nor is something we fraudulently contrived. It just shows that God has excellent taste in colors.
05-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Information RE: "Conductor Hero"
(05-24-2011 08:36 PM)mgoblue Wrote:  ah, I didn't know such a beast already existed. I wonder how well it sold.

I looked into it and it's actually a mode in Wii Music. Wii Music has amazingly sold 3 million! I found another Wii conducting game called Nodame Cantabile: Dream * Orchestra but that was only released in Japan and it only sold 7,500, lol!
05-24-2011, 11:43 PM
(05-24-2011 07:12 PM)mgoblue Wrote:  I could see a Kinect game where you play the part of a small community orchestra.

Starting off you little troupe of musicians has a limited selection of music they can play. There's also a smaller selection of instruments. The goal of each concert is to properly conduct the orchestra as it plays through various classical music pieces.

The more concerts you do (and the better the concert goes), the more money you earn. With more money you can purchase more challenging music and hire more musicians (adding more instruments in the process). It would work similarly to Dance Central (would be a form of a dancing game I suppose) where you have to time your arm movements just right to get the right section of the orchestra to play the music as it should.

As you get more fame from your conducting skills, you move up to more well-known orchestras and play in more famous venues.

Part of me made this up because I thought it would be silly but, then again, I do think if done properly, something like this could actually be pretty decent.

Even though it has been done before, I think this idea could be EVEN BETTER with Kinect than with the Wii. You could actually have a chance to learn conducting.

Let's hope a developer's listening to your cry for this game Big Grin.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
09-22-2011, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2011 03:32 AM by thecoolman3060.)
That would be an amazing idea, I've been waiting for something like this. But I would like some more features to the "Conductor Hero" game (Not a really decent title if you ask me Sad ) The other features I'd also like would be the ability to actually conduct or pretend conduct your own music and music videos (orchestrated, any mix, any genre) in your Xbox 360 Console. And after you do so, you can have a choice to share the video(s) (of yourself or game footage) to Facebook, Twitter, Kinect Share, etc. with sound, and obviously have the choice to delete it if it's not good enough. That would be an awesome feature wouldn't it? It's almost like one of Wii Music's features, but to the MAX!!! I mean think about it. SmileSmile (This is a reply to "Clemens")