Xbox Kinect

/ / v /

Console un-able to read Kinect adventure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2010, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2010 09:38 PM by gvill77.)
Hi guys, we had our kinect 3 weeks ago (it comes with the bundle) and we really love it. However, our kinect adventure CD cant be read anymore by our console after couple of weeks of using. I tried to clean it and still doesnt work. We have other games (Halo and Dance Central) but they're working fine. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2010, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2010 08:03 AM by Clemens.)
RE: Console un-able to read Kinect adventure
No, I haven't had this experience, it works just fine here. The best thing to do would be to contact the customer service of the shop where you got the game. Get a replacement!

If you want us to give an opinion on the disc, then a few pictures of the disc would help!

Good luck!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.png]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2010, 03:23 AM
I was going to say try a lens cleaner but if your other games work OK then the problem shouldn't be a dirty lens. UndecidedYou could take the game back to the shop you got it from and just ask for a replacement if you've still got the receipt?
12-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Have you moved your console while the disc was spinning in the drive? That may cause scratches. Otherwise I have no idea. To get a replacement from a shop will be hard, because the game isn't sold separately. I recommend to contact the xbox support and ask if they are going to replace your copy with accommodation. Good luck.
12-07-2010, 11:25 PM
What does the console say is in the drive on the 'My Xbox' channel? Does it say Kinect Adventures, DVD, Mixed Media Disc or anything like that? If it says Adventures, try installing the game to your hard drive by pressing y when the first tile on 'My Xbox' is highlighted. After it's installed, you should then be able to play it just fine.

If the above poster is right and your disc is scratched, try borrowing a friend's copy and installing the game. You can then use your copy to play as the Xbox will only need to spin your disc once to verify it is actually in the tray.

[Image: HazyCloud.png]
http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
12-08-2010, 02:04 AM
I agree with HazyCloud. If you can somehow get get Kinect Adventures to install on your hard drive, then on subsequent plays, it'll only briefly check to see if the disc is there and you don't have to worry about the state of the disc.

However, I think it'd be better to get a new disc if you're willing to go through the effort. Right now, it's brand new and exchangeable. Down the road, you may want to just play the disc completely with no hard drive involved (or if you're low on HD space). Down the road, if the disc is no longer playable, you're screwed. So better to take care of the problem now.
12-09-2010, 06:37 PM
I agree with dirtyvu. If you can get it replaced now, do eet. If not, try my route.

12-11-2010, 06:37 PM
You can also try clearing the system cache on the harddisk. There's a Microsoft article that suggests this. It may not be the disk but instead some of the cached info for it. Compare it to a corrupt savegame basically.
Clear the cache as follows: My Xbox -> System Settings -> Memory -> Highlight a memory module/hdd and click 'Y' -> Clear System cache

ex
12-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Information RE: Console un-able to read Kinect adventure
(12-11-2010 06:37 PM)exnihilio13 Wrote:  You can also try clearing the system cache on the harddisk. There's a Microsoft article that suggests this. It may not be the disk but instead some of the cached info for it. Compare it to a corrupt savegame basically.
Clear the cache as follows: My Xbox -> System Settings -> Memory -> Highlight a memory module/hdd and click 'Y' -> Clear System cache

ex

That should be a last ditch thing though because doing that clears all the updates and stuff so you have to re-download all of them.
12-13-2010, 05:45 PM
(12-13-2010 12:28 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  That should be a last ditch thing though because doing that clears all the updates and stuff so you have to re-download all of them.

I'd personally say that should be the first thing you try. Downloading game updates isn't very hard, nor does it take too much time.

12-13-2010, 08:39 PM
I had to exchange Kinect Sports. I ordered it from Amazon. The game box was slightly crushed but I didn't think anything of it. The disc looks clean. No scratches. There was an area that had that "wet spot" look to it. But I've had that on some other DVDs without problem so I wasn't too concerned. But it took 3 tries to get it to install on the hard drive. But once I installed it to the hard drive, I could play it. I ended up exchanging it still. Problem solved. The new copy installed to the hard drive on the first try and was recognized immediately whenever inserted into the drive.

If the disc takes even a few seconds longer to read than other discs, I think swapping the disc is a much better idea than clearing out the system cache which is like formatting your system and having to redownload everything. I can't even keep track of all the stuff I have.
12-13-2010, 11:03 PM
(12-13-2010 08:39 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  If the disc takes even a few seconds longer to read than other discs, I think swapping the disc is a much better idea than clearing out the system cache which is like formatting your system and having to redownload everything. I can't even keep track of all the stuff I have.

No, it's not. All clearing the cache does it remove any title updates you've applied. (The 360 will prompt you again to install them when you launch the title. These are also files that are less than 4mb in size.) It is nothing like formatting. If you formatted your Xbox 360 HDD, you would have to re-download all of your DLC and you'd lose all of your game saves. Clearing the cache and formatting are 2 totally different things.

Also if for some reason you had to re-download all of your DLC, you can find everything you've purchased from your Download History on the console.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  me playing kinect adventure ( aqaurium game ) kloenie 8 545 01-02-2011 08:49 PM
Last Post: Mrzocor

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!