We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Dance Magic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dance Magic
09-16-2011, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2011 04:12 PM by TheZeeMan.)
Dance Magic
So we've heard nothing about this game...I was checking my rental queue and noticed they put a cover up:

[Image: 156735e.jpg]

That caught my interest, putting an overplayed and popular song on it like JD3 had my interest, I did a quick search on it...there's a trailer now, I couldn't embed it since it's on Amazon's site...so go here:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/...le=noscale

Description says:
The ultimate dance battle has begun! In Dance Magic, you will go against different performers who'll challenge your technical and creative dancing ability. Show your best moves and execute special stunts to rack up major points and defeat the competition! Let the beat take you to a new realm of dancing genius!

- 7 cool characters from which to choose
- 5 battle arenas, each with a unique feel and effect
- Customizable options including extra outfits and accessories
- Over 20 pulse-pounding tracks
- Single-console and online multiplayer challenges with the ability to utilize Kinect

Release date of October 18th.

I think it's like a DDR format plus a literal dance fight from what I can see? If you didn't know, DDR was killed this year by the Bieber...it went all mainstream...so maybe this is the new DDR? Not sure...time will tell.

[Image: thezeeman.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2011, 05:25 PM
RE: Dance Magic
wow. the only thing remotely good in the video was the song. I used to be a huge DDR fan. Even owned really nice DDR pads that cost $60 each (not the crappy generic pieces of rubbery plastic pads that most people got).

actually, for ddr type moves, I think pads would work better than Kinect. things like tapping forward 4 arrows in a row.

As a Kinect game, it seems like a fail. But I'd actually consider it as a gamepad XBLA game like Boom Boom Rocket.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
09-16-2011, 05:27 PM
I have a feeling a dance pad will be included with the game. It has a $40 price tag right now, but they may just keep it at $40 and include the pad to compete with the other dance titles.

[Image: thezeeman.png]
09-18-2011, 11:50 PM
the older guys around here will remember bust-a-groove for PSX and this is exactly the same, with graphics from back then obviously. how one can put up a promo video with such bad rendering is beyond me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  LA Times (newspaper) article on the dance game craze... dirtyvu 6 290 12-01-2011 06:43 AM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Ubisoft event: Ghost Recon, Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012, Rabbids, Just Dance 3 dirtyvu 0 689 09-19-2011 08:37 AM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  Dance Central and Zumba Kinect hally 11 21,758 06-24-2011 11:34 PM
Last Post: zumbacalc