/ / v /

Dance Paradise (vs. Dance Central)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2010, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2010 04:52 PM by Clemens.)
Hey gang,

Unfortunately this game will not be available in the states for awhile, so I'm relying on my mates overseas! I want to know if the moves in it are real moves that are in music videos and if your avatar mimics your actions...please update if you buy this game! Cheers!

[Image: TheZeeMan]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2010, 05:17 PM
RE: Dance Paradise
Will do! I'll see if I can pick it up for rental somewhere Smile

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2010, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2010 05:20 PM by TheZeeMan.)
Thanks Clemens, I have a feeling it's going to be better than DC...and you are not mirroring because I'm pretty sure your avatar mimics your moves in the game. I also prefer the tracklist over DC's tracklist, but that could be because I like a majority of european artists better Tongue

11-09-2010, 05:27 PM
hehe, not that much into the Punk Bands from Seattle are we? Big Grin

11-09-2010, 05:31 PM
LOL Just some of the music I don't care for, Harmonix is famous for putting in music that people don't normally listen to.

11-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Have you guys seen the trailer for it? I think I saw it on youtube somewhere. Looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Good song list. It seems like it has a much bigger focus on being a party game. I don't feel like it's as serious a dancing game as Dance Central, but who knows?

It looks rather cartoony, instead of looking cool like Dance Central and DanceMasters.
11-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Everything on Dance Paradise we is gathered right here: Kinect Games but the problem is that a review is still missing Wink

11-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Actually if it's the real dance moves that they claim then it is more serious than dance central. I don't judge games off teaser trailers, I try to find out as much as I can about them. Why I don't think it's as serious if it's the real deal, is because the real professional moves that are in music videos are about 10 times harder than the made up dance central moves.

And about the "cartoony" or whatever, I would rather have my avatar in there than some random made up characters. People on DC forums complain about character customization, well there's not much you can't customize on your avatar. I think it will be better than DC but ONLY if it's the real moves, if it's more made up moves, then it won't be a success, but I did get an email from Mindscape (the guys developing it) and they stated it was "inspired" by the moves from the music videos, so we'll see. I'm really hoping someone can get this game tomorrow Smile

11-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Yeah cool stuff. Well, I still need to get my Kinect (darn pre order things Sad), so if someone else can buy or rent it.. that would be awesome!

11-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Definitely, and if it is an awesome game...I'm going to need you to send me a PAL xbox 360 Clemens LOL

11-10-2010, 10:12 PM
LOL... Big Grinwhatever you want TheZeeMan, I'm sure we can figure something out.

Clemens out.

11-11-2010, 04:51 AM
So is Dance Paradise not coming to the US? Looks interesting...definitely wouldn't mind some of those tracks on Dance Central (like Laroux, Daft Punk, Empire of the Sun, Cassius, etc.).

But honestly, I think the US is too culturally insular for this game to do well here...if it's not the from the US most haven't heard of it and don't care to.

Guess I'll just have to look forward to some good future Dance Central DLC (although the initial day one offerings so far are of no interest to me).

I mean, the track I was most looking forward to on Dance Central was Bassment Jaxx - Rendez Vous (non US) ...but turns it out its dance routine is not necessarily the funnest to actually dance though.

[Image: Lord+360.png]

Cypher Infinitum
http://www.cichi.com
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
11-11-2010, 05:37 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2010 05:38 AM by TheZeeMan.)
(11-11-2010 04:51 AM)360 Wrote:  So is Dance Paradise not coming to the US? Looks interesting...definitely wouldn't mind some of those tracks on Dance Central (like Laroux, Daft Punk, Empire of the Sun, Cassius, etc.).

But honestly, I think the US is too culturally insular for this game to do well here...if it's not the from the US most haven't heard of it and don't care to.

Guess I'll just have to look forward to some good future Dance Central DLC (although the initial day one offerings so far are of no interest to me).

I mean, the track I was most looking forward to on Dance Central was Bassment Jaxx - Rendez Vous (non US) ...but turns it out its dance routine is not necessarily the funnest to actually dance though.

It is, but not announced. I think typically Euro games come to the US if they feel the need to about 6 months after release...So we won't see until like June if it does decide to come here.

Yeah that's the problem I'm having with DC...it's like ok...I mean I like it and all...I just don't know what they are doing with the game, I don't even think they know lol

A lot of the tracks I don't care for, and if harmonix follows suit as they have in the past, they will release DLC for about a year full of crap no one likes or ever heard of. Once or twice in that year, they will throw in something that people actually like and hear of, but someone made a point to me on there, they stated it seems like Dance Central is like...a Dance Crew and Dance Competition, and made me think of Step Up and all it's sequels, if that's what they are doing...it's kind of lame man. Dancing is fun, not a competition, if you want to compete, then really go learn to dance ya know?

11-11-2010, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2010 05:51 AM by 360.)
ZeeMan, I hear you. I mean honestly I think the track selection kinda makes sense for an initial offering on a platform aimed at casuals. I mean for 32 tracks it's not a bad mix of current poppy, a few lesser known, and older tracks from hiphop and disco. It gets a good spread. So I think they know what they're doing. I hope future iterations will get a bit more adventurous and if Rockband is anything to go by it just might. DJ Hero 2 may have actually went slightly LESS adventurous, but we'll see.

I have to say though, (like DJ Hero 2) some of the tracks that I don't particularly care for listen to normally are actually really fun to dance to because of the choreography...and I haven't even started hard yet, just easy and medium on some. But I'd love to get more around the way stuff with the DLC. Less mainstream pop, more...pretty much anything else. ha.

As for the Dance Crew/Competition thing, I kinda see the need actually. Dancing is about having fun for sure, but being that games are competitive by nature I appreciate those elements. Though I haven't done the "dance battle" mode yet mainly because I haven't invited any of my female friends over to play it yet and most of my guy friends have no desire to try dancing...videogame or otherwise. haha
....haha, and I would like to steer clear of any associations with the movie "Step Up"...haven't seen it...but because of its associations, if I think about that at all while playing, it'll really start tainting my DC experience. haha.

[Image: Lord+360.png]

Cypher Infinitum
http://www.cichi.com
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
11-11-2010, 07:22 AM
LOL Sorry man, didn't mean to taint the DC experience...I didn't think of it all till this dude mentioned it and now it totally makes sense. Because all of the moves are made up, it fits in with Step Up and that other dance movie, I forgot the name. The main difference is though is the movies were all new music, not mainstream. So they may go that route don't know.

I feel ya on the competition, but I think they should make it like rock band with the goals and stuff, not doing a dance competition. I tested the dance battle myself, and I gold star'd Poker Face since it's like the easiest dance...this is what I didn't understand, is I gold starred both player 1 and player 2, and it was a tie at the end. I'm not understanding the point of it lol - I dunno man, I've always liked harmonix and their ideas but sometimes I don't understand them.

Like I really don't mind mainstream since it's all played at clubs and what not, but I would never do any of the DC moves at a club, because people would be like wtf is that, whereas probably about 90% of people who listen to the radio, usually seen the videos once or twice - clubs by me even play the music videos while the song is on, so to not do actual moves from the music videos makes no sense to me, where if they did do the real moves, then sweet. Like Days Go By by Dirty Vegas has an awesome dance to it that the dude does in the video, but not one move is relevant to the song in DC. It's kind of retarded. That's why I don't think Harmonix really knew what they wanted, they mixed together a party game with mainstream music, with easier moves for non-dancers and casual dancers, with a competition idea/dance battles, their own characters with attitudes, and a half ass training system. It's like a big mosh of a game.

That's why I want to give DP a chance, I think it may actually be the party/club game but I really want someone to tear it apart inside and out, like let us know if there's a career mode or something and see how it compares to DC. Just my thoughts Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dance Central DLC ZappyGetzOff10 1 168 03-16-2011 04:02 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  Dance Central commercial dirtyvu 4 178 03-15-2011 05:27 AM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  Dance Central + FACEBOOK = BULLSH*T. ZappyGetzOff10 21 1,180 01-27-2011 12:23 AM
Last Post: meistroracer
  Dance Central DLC on sale next week! TheZeeMan 3 474 01-21-2011 07:57 AM
Last Post: ZappyGetzOff10
  Dance Central 2 Get Up To Get Down! ZappyGetzOff10 22 1,358 01-19-2011 08:30 PM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  NEW YEAR, Bollywood Dance DJMAZaka007 3 922 01-16-2011 04:54 PM
Last Post: pigpen81

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)