everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

DanceMasters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DanceMasters
01-19-2011, 05:09 AM
DanceMasters
Demo is up on XBL, will give you a good idea how a different take on dance games are...I have a feeling Dance Paradise is going to be like this...

[Image: thezeeman.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2011, 05:53 AM
RE: DanceMasters
(01-19-2011 05:09 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Demo is up on XBL, will give you a good idea how a different take on dance games are...I have a feeling Dance Paradise is going to be like this...

woah! going to download it ASAP.

It's funny how I don't feel like buying it (at least at regular price) even though I was a DDR nut back in the day. My favorite DDR songs (the American songs) weren't the songs that DDR fans actually liked. They all liked the japanese/euro poppy dance stuff.

But hey, it'll be a chance to relive the old DDR days. We'll see if there's any improvements.
01-19-2011, 06:33 AM
Actually, it's only DDR in the aspect of scoring...It has the crazy scoring like DDR does. As for dancing, you know how DDR was like fast? This isn't really fast....It's a lot of arm movements, like the sunshine move in Galang in DC...it's wierd. A couple of them are faster but nothing like DDR days...

01-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Man, I just finished the demo. Never had a game make you look so foolish. TongueThe most hilarious part is you see yourself in all your glory dancing inside the game. The full RGB image. Yecchhhhh.

The choreography... hmmm... The Naoki song... well, the moves are awfully, how should we say this, a little too "happy".

For the other songs, not so "happy". The choreography is really complex. It's like playing the hardest Dance Central songs with zero tutorial. So I guess they expect you to play these songs over and over and over to get it down. I'll say that they actually integrated some real moves but they're mixed in with some crazy moves. The disco moves in that one song is actually more authentic than the disco moves in Dance Central. I suspect meringue and salsa will be more authentic in Zumba than Dance Central as well.

DDR is far easier than this game! At least in DDR and DC, you can see the moves coming up so you can hit them without memorizing them (though in DDR, when you get up to the 8 feet and 10 feet difficulties, you basically have to memorize at that point). I ended up just jumping around until I had to hit the pose and then went for the pose to get the points.

I think you have to really really really really like this soundtrack to like this game. I can't imagine playing that Naoki song more than a couple times without killing myself.

If I find this in the under $15 bargain bin at Gamestop, I could consider it. But yeah, good thing my DDR past didn't overrule my common senses. Smile
01-19-2011, 08:20 AM
LOL Yeah, the majority of songs are very strange...I only recognized a few. 85% is happy k-pop stuff. The rest are like slow jams? But stuff I never heard of, I wonder where they find their music artists unless they are in house. If you happen to play it again, where I feel it fails and DC succeeds is you don't have to do all of the moves, you just have to hit the points when it wants you to, I found that very annoying. You basically have to motivate yourself to dance like that if you want to, but you don't get graded it on it, so it's like pointless...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  DanceMasters - first impressions fervor 7 1,719 11-14-2010 11:03 AM
Last Post: fervor