everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Dang I got BACK!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dang I got BACK!!!
11-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Sad Dang I got BACK!!!
BlushOk so as embarrassing as this may be I have to finally admit it to myself instead of denying it. I'm WAY over weight and it's about time I get off my bum and do something about it.

3yrs ago before I met my new husband I was on a road that was amazing I had a very active job I was eating healthier because of the job and I was finally shedding away those unwanted pounds. I was down to 195lbs from 235lbs and was only 55lbs away from my goal. We then moved and I left my active job and lifestyle behind and I was stricken with sadness of not being able to find a job. Thus eating and beginning my gaming addiction.

Now here I am 3yrs later and I have gain 61lbs and setting me back to 116lbs that now need to be lost in order to get down to my goal weight. I have stared at myself in the mirror and cried thinking I'll never get there. But with my loving husband (Who for a living needs to stay in shape and meet weight every time they weigh him (He's Army)) constantly telling me not to give up. That no matter what I look like he loves me just the same. But he tries so hard to give me confidence to get up and do it not for him or anyone else but for myself and for my children.

So last Christmas I bought the Kinect at first more for my children than myself and I saw YOUR SHAPE FITNESS I jumped up and said "I can do that" So I went out and bought it in January...yep used it for about a week and my scale was failing me so I said "What the hell is the point". So I started to give up. But a friend of mine told me about Zumba so I tried the Zumba classes offered at the gym here and had a blast. And when it was released on the Kinect I jumped to get. Man was it not as fun as my class or my friends DVD's. So I traded it in. Now they have the new Dance Central and I demoed it and I want it lol.

Which now has given me new hope Angel. And starting this week I signed up for a Zumba toning class once a week. I'm now going to commit myself to the Kinect Challenge and do my YOUR SHAPE FITNESS. Plus I am going to go out and by Dance Central 2.

I am going to try my hardest to document my journey and see if I start to find results. Wish me luck everyone.

Date: 11-9-2011
Weight: 256lbs
Goal: 140lbs
Total Weight Loss Needed: 116lbs

[Image: ach.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2011, 06:46 PM
RE: Dang I got BACK!!!
good luck! DC2 is awesome.

you shouldn't have given up on Zumba for Kinect. it's a blast playing multiplayer online. i've often been in 8-player dance sessions. it's cool to chat while you're dancing as well. but make sure you get a wireless headset as chatting with the Kinect mic is annoying.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
11-09-2011, 07:06 PM
RE: Dang I got BACK!!!
Welcome to 123kinect and good luck! There's Your Shape 2012 that looks very good too.

[Image: legreffer.jpg]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  getting BACK into shape! (and not a round one) retrospects 1 1,744 07-25-2011 01:50 AM
Last Post: wazza