We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Destiny - Bungie's New Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Destiny - Bungie's New Game
05-22-2012, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2012 04:28 AM by Corellianrogue.)
Exclamation Destiny - Bungie's New Game
Bungie's Activision contract has been revealed during the Call Of Duty lawsuit and it shows a few interesting things. Their first game will be called Destiny, it will be a sci-fantasy, action-shooter MMO and will be released in Autumn 2013 on both the Xbox 360 and the next-gen Xbox! (Nicknamed "Xbox 720" in the contract.) So that confirms that the next-gen Xbox will be released by Autumn 2013. It will also have 3 sequels, but depending on the success of the first game:

Quote:planned to be massively-multiplayer-style (i.e. client-based mission structures with persistent elements), sci-fantasy, action-shooter games

Quote:The release plan for the Destiny Games ("Release Plan") is currently comprised of four (4) major retail Destiny
Game releases tentatively scheduled for the Fall of 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019

Quote:As described in the Native Release Plan, Destiny Game #1 along with any related DLC Releases as well as Comet shall be initially developed by Licensor to operate on and be compatible with the Microsoft Xbox 360 video game console ("Xbox 360") and the next successor console platform released by Microsoft configured for both the NTSC and PAL television/video system standards ("Xbox 720").

Quote:Activision shall have the right to terminate this Agreement without penalty upon written notice to Licensor in any of the following instances: after the launch of Destiny Game #1 if retail sales of Destiny Game #1 on a sell-through basis have not reached at feast five million (5,000,000) units (across all SKUs, regardless of the method of distribution) during the first six (6) months following commercial release

There's also another interesting part I'll quote:

Quote:The parties also currently contemplate the development and commercial release of Destiny Game #1 for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system in the Fall of 2014, subject to the' parties hereto conducting a joint technical feasibility analysis that reasonably establishes to the parties' mutual satisfaction that Destiny Game #1 is able to be developed for the PS3 at quality and feature parity to the Xbox 360 version

So according to that Destiny might not be feasibly possible on the PS3 as the PS3 might not be as good as the Xbox 360! Tongue I wouldn't say either way, both consoles seem to be ultimately as powerful as each other and I wouldn't even mind if the PS3 is slightly more powerful than the Xbox 360, especially since it came out 1 year after so should actually be more powerful, but I thought that part in the contract was interesting since it seems to suggest otherwise.

Finally, the contract reveals that they're working on an official sequel to/reboot of Marathon (Halo was an unofficial sequel to Marathon that obviously became its own franchise):

Quote:no more than the greater of five percent of Key Members and one (1) Key Member, and no more than the greater of five percent of other employees and one (1) other employee, to staff, fund and operate a prototype team for a future Licensor action-shooter interactive
entertainment software product tentatively known as "Marathon" ("Marathon"), no more than ten percent of the Key Member resources and no more than ten percent of all other employees after the achievement of at least Three Hundred Seventy Five Million Dollars ($375,000,000) in cumulative Operating Income to continue to staff, fund and operate a prototype team for Marathon

http://documents.latimes.com/bungie-acti...-contract/

Unfortunately I couldn't find any mention of Kinect. Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Information What's your favorite Xbox 360 Game? Clemens 17 4,952 12-16-2011 04:01 AM
Last Post: slappycider