We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

Disneyland Adventures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disneyland Adventures
11-06-2011, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2011 04:36 AM by dirtyvu.)
Disneyland Adventures
the game is almost out. for those with kids or for the Disney fans, this looks like a great title.

G4 has a great very detailed preview:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/71...ld-hearts/

gameplay videos:

Kinect Disneyland Adventures "Main Street, U.S.A" Gameplay

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/55695/kinect-...-gameplay/

Kinect Disneyland Adventures "Haunted Mansion" Gameplay

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/55693/kinect-...-gameplay/

Kinect Disneyland Adventures "Pirates of the Caribbean" Gameplay

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/55698/kinect-...-gameplay/

Kinect Disneyland Adventures "Space Mountain" Gameplay

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/55699/kinect-...-gameplay/

Kinect Disneyland Adventures "Jungle Cruise" Gameplay

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/55697/kinect-...-gameplay/

Kinect Disneyland Adventures "Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters" Gameplay

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/55696/kinect-...-gameplay/

Kinect Disneyland Adventures "It's a Small World" Gameplay

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/55694/kinect-...-gameplay/

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2011, 03:52 AM
Thumbs Up RE: Disneyland Adventures
Those G4 videos look awesome! Big Grin So far I think this is a must-have. I love the look of the shoot-em-up games like Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and Space Mountain, even Jungle Cruise. And The Haunted Mansion, after you've landed after falling, looks similar to Haunt! (Although it's probably all on rails, but there were bits that looked like you manually walked over to cover points and took cover.) The only problem is you can't die in the games, although I guess that's because they're supposed to be interactive rides and Disney probably didn't like the idea of potentially fatal Disneyland rides, lol! Tongue
11-06-2011, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2011 04:48 AM by dirtyvu.)
RE: Disneyland Adventures
Yeah, I grew up in Southern California. In fact, Disneyland is about a 20 minute drive from me. So the idea of having the park on a disc is cool. If I had kids, I would so get this. As it is, my inner child might grab it anyway... Tongue

11-06-2011, 04:48 AM
Information RE: Disneyland Adventures
(11-06-2011 04:28 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  Yeah, I grew up in Southern California. In fact, Disneyland is about a 20 minute drive from me. So the idea of having the park on a disc is cool. If I had kids, I would so get this.

I don't have children but I'm almost definitely getting this, lol! It would need some serious flaws to dissuade me. Also, maybe Microsoft and Disney could work out a deal with the Michael Jackson estate to have a Captain EO DLC, or is that only in Disney World? Also they could have a Star Tours DLC since they're already working with Lucasarts, that's in Disneyland isn't it?
11-06-2011, 04:58 AM
(11-06-2011 04:48 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  Also, maybe Microsoft and Disney could work out a deal with the Michael Jackson estate to have a Captain EO DLC, or is that only in Disney World? Also they could have a Star Tours DLC since they're already working with Lucasarts, that's in Disneyland isn't it?

actually, the Star Tours ride has been revamped and is all new. I have not had the chance to see it since the update. Sad

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?sectio...id=8142117

video is at the link

excerpts:
"Two thousand lucky fans, some lining up as early as 3 a.m., were treated with a Star Wars-themed band and photo-opportunity booths along the line.

"The revamped ride includes new destinations, new storylines and new characters. The biggest change - Star Wars aficionados can enjoy all of this in high definition 3-D."

"It was fantastic. It was well worth the wait. We were here this morning at about 3:45 and it was a good time," said fan Matt Mellon.

Captain EO had actually been removed but they've since brought it back as a tribute to MJ.

11-06-2011, 06:04 AM
Thumbs Up RE: Disneyland Adventures
(11-06-2011 04:58 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  
(11-06-2011 04:48 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  Also, maybe Microsoft and Disney could work out a deal with the Michael Jackson estate to have a Captain EO DLC, or is that only in Disney World? Also they could have a Star Tours DLC since they're already working with Lucasarts, that's in Disneyland isn't it?

actually, the Star Tours ride has been revamped and is all new. I have not had the chance to see it since the update. Sad

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?sectio...id=8142117

video is at the link

excerpts:
"Two thousand lucky fans, some lining up as early as 3 a.m., were treated with a Star Wars-themed band and photo-opportunity booths along the line.

"The revamped ride includes new destinations, new storylines and new characters. The biggest change - Star Wars aficionados can enjoy all of this in high definition 3-D."

"It was fantastic. It was well worth the wait. We were here this morning at about 3:45 and it was a good time," said fan Matt Mellon.

Captain EO had actually been removed but they've since brought it back as a tribute to MJ.

That looks amazing! Big Grin I haven't been to either versions of Star Tours as I've never been to any Disneylands. Sad That's another reason I'm excited for the game since they say they've replicated the park exactly so at least I'll be able to virtually walk around and see what it all looks like, plus it's better than a map for if I ever get to go for real someday.

So is Captain EO at both Disney World and Disneyland? If they did make Captain EO DLC the first level could have you controlling your spaceship through asteroids (being able to shoot the smaller ones, they could be a different colour or highlighted or something) and the trench run/inside the Death Star 2-style scene with maybe extra enemies to shoot and dodge to add extra gameplay. Then the next level could be like a cross between Michael Jackson: The Experience and Space Channel 5 but maybe with actually aiming your moves at enemies to zap them and turn them into dancers. So it's like you're dancing then you finish each section quickly aiming your hand/s (and maybe even your foot) at the enemies like MJ does in the actual video. I've actually seen Captain EO thanks to someone uploading a video somewhere years ago that was unfortunately low quality but now I've seen a better quality version thanks to YouTube, lol!:

Part 1

Part 2

11-06-2011, 03:48 PM
(11-06-2011 04:28 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  Yeah, I grew up in Southern California. In fact, Disneyland is about a 20 minute drive from me. So the idea of having the park on a disc is cool. If I had kids, I would so get this. As it is, my inner child might grab it anyway... Tongue

After seeing the videos-i feel this will sell a lot more kinects this holiday season (families on the fence of getting a game system that is)....even if i did not have kids -this looks to be a must have....i hope it lives up to the videos....I have been looking forward to this for a while...i have never been to Disneyland...but have been to Disneyworld many times....so going there through the game will be fun..because visiting California is just too expensive..haha..kind of reminds me of Kinect Adventures 2.0....
11-06-2011, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 02:11 AM by dirtyvu.)
(11-06-2011 03:48 PM)Ace12me Wrote:  After seeing the videos-i feel this will sell a lot more kinects this holiday season (families on the fence of getting a game system that is)....even if i did not have kids -this looks to be a must have....i hope it lives up to the videos....I have been looking forward to this for a while...i have never been to Disneyland...but have been to Disneyworld many times....so going there through the game will be fun..because visiting California is just too expensive..haha..kind of reminds me of Kinect Adventures 2.0....

Yeah, it was fun making the comparisons between Disneyland and Disneyworld. People think Disneyworld is Disneyland plus Epcot center. But there are subtle differences between the main parks. Like Space Mountain is a different experience. Hopefully my memory holds up on this one: at Disneyland, the trains ride in near darkness so you can't tell there are other trains running around and you really can't see the coaster tracks well. But at Disneyworld, the coaster track pattern is different. You can see the other train and it almost feels like you're racing the other train because at one point, the trains come close together. Plus, the Disneyworld Space Mountain is semi-well lit up (which I'm not sure I like because I like the mystery of the darkness).

It's been strange lately. My friend, who I never pictured buying a 360, ended up buying the Xbox because of his experience with Gears of War 2 at my house.

Now his sister saw his Xbox at his house and was curious about it. But it was the Kinect that intrigued her. And when she read about Disneyland Adventures, she decided immediately to shop for a 360. She has a 4-year old son who has never been to Disneyland so she thought this would be a good introduction before they go to the actual park.

And she just bought the Amazon Kinectiversary deal which was the $399 holiday bundle (with Kinect Adventures and Carnival Games Monkey See Monkey Do) with the $100 Amazon credit. So she already has in mind to use that $100 credit toward Disneyland Adventures.

And my other friend got a 360 (who never ever ever games) recently after our Dance Central 2 party.

11-07-2011, 12:44 AM
(11-06-2011 06:04 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  So is Captain EO at both Disney World and Disneyland?

it's at both parks again. but my memories of it wasn't good. i saw it when I was young and didn't like it back then. I think that unless you have some tie to Michael Jackson (which I didn't), you wouldn't like it much. I think there's a reason why the attraction was removed.

But yeah, it is nice to have it back (temporarily?) as a tribute piece.

11-07-2011, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 08:25 AM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: Disneyland Adventures
(11-06-2011 03:48 PM)Ace12me Wrote:  After seeing the videos-i feel this will sell a lot more kinects this holiday season (families on the fence of getting a game system that is)....even if i did not have kids -this looks to be a must have....i hope it lives up to the videos....I have been looking forward to this for a while...i have never been to Disneyland...but have been to Disneyworld many times....so going there through the game will be fun..because visiting California is just too expensive..haha..kind of reminds me of Kinect Adventures 2.0....

Luckily it's much bigger than Kinect Adventures. It's got 20 "rides" with a few levels per ride, such as Peter Pan having flying levels and swordfighting with Captain Hook, as well as things to do in the main park itself. (It sounds like there might be very light RPG elements in the main park, like quests to find thinds.) I hope Microsoft have got a big marketing campaign for this. The fact that the main park itself has been replicated exactly needs to feature in TV ads as I'm sure that will attract a lot of buyers, especially parents all over the world as well as America who can't afford to take their children to any of the Disneylands. (Or Disney Worlds, if there are Disney Worlds in other countries?)
(11-07-2011 12:44 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  
(11-06-2011 06:04 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  So is Captain EO at both Disney World and Disneyland?

it's at both parks again. but my memories of it wasn't good. i saw it when I was young and didn't like it back then. I think that unless you have some tie to Michael Jackson (which I didn't), you wouldn't like it much. I think there's a reason why the attraction was removed.

But yeah, it is nice to have it back (temporarily?) as a tribute piece.

Well obviously it helps if you're an MJ fan, lol! It was released in 1986, between Thriller and Bad plus MJ had done the Victory tour as lead singer of The Jacksons in 1984 as well as doing We Are The World in 1985 so it was during the height of his popularity. Captain EO was actually the most expensive attraction ever made at the time as it cost $30 million. Technology has progressed since then though so as an attraction it might be a bit dated.
11-07-2011, 12:27 PM
No kidding. A 1-day pass to Disneyland for a child is $74. A 1-day pass for an adult is $80. You do get discounts for buying more days (which is what most people do since if you're going to travel all the way to see Disneyland, you're not only going to visit for a day). a 6-day pass is $236 a person.

11-07-2011, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 03:02 PM by Ace12me.)
Wow 20 rides in the game...makes u wonder why kinect sports can't be bigger....I think the graphics look just as good if not better...this game should keep me occupied for awhile...or I mean my kids for awhile...the haunted house looks really fun and the thought of wandering the streetss to find hidden things will be fun too. I think the nostalgia plays a big part in the sells too...a lot of people probably have not been to the park in years so it will be fun to re-live those days..I wonder if they will have the licensed music for the rides too..that could be good to have all the disney songs packed in there too...anybody hear anything on that aspect of the game...oh and by the way I have not seen any ads for this game on tv...and it comes out in a week...but I might not watch the right channels too...hope they use some money to run some commercials...
11-07-2011, 04:03 PM
I don't recall many disney games advertising...except for Kingdom Hearts...I did see commercials for that one, but I think they just run with it because of the name, honestly I have never played a bad disney game, even the movie games are better than other movie games Tongue

[Image: thezeeman.png]
11-07-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm looking forward to this one too! I've been to Disneyworld about 5 times (the last time with my kids, but I was the most excited, lol). Several years ago my ex-girlfriend went to work at Epcot Center (Canada pavillion) and I visited her for a week, I had the chance to visited the underground of Magic Kingdom, it's huge and very impressive.

Did you know that You can visit Disney World with google maps in 3D, it's awesome!!!

Here's some new screenshots of the game (from xboxygen.com) :

[Image: kinect-disneyland-adventures_1_.jpg]

[Image: kinect-disneyland-adventures_2_.jpg]

[Image: kinect-disneyland-adventures_3_.jpg]

[Image: kinect-disneyland-adventures_4_.jpg]

[Image: kinect-disneyland-adventures_5_.jpg]

[Image: kinect-disneyland-adventures_6_.jpg]

[Image: kinect-disneyland-adventures_7_.jpg]

[Image: kinect-disneyland-adventures_8_.jpg]

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]