We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

EA Sports Active 2.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EA Sports Active 2.0
11-15-2010, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2010 04:17 AM by TheZeeMan.)
EA Sports Active 2.0
Hey Gang,

Went holiday shopping today, happened to glance over in the video game sections...Stores by me are pre-stocking EA Sports Active 2 accessories. This game is going to be awesome Big Grin

The accessories they had are gloves with 1lb weights in each, because one of the mini-games is a punching bag routine, but I'm guessing you get to use them elsewhere.

Another accessory is a jump rope, which is going to be very interesting lol

Another one was the rubberband thing where you step on it and pull it upwards, simulating a curl. EDIT: Sorry, they are technically called the Resistance Bands Tongue I've never used them so I don't know what they are called Tongue

Another is a step up board, figuring that one is for the women.

And lastly there were regular dumb weights.

Now I was thinking oh this must be for EASA 1, but no it clearly stated on the box 2.0. It also stated accessories were able to work across all platforms. A couple of them were also only in french, no idea why but I couldn't understand it. But this is huge if these accessories will be available prior to purchase of the game.

This is what Ubisoft should of did with Your Shape, I mean it is a good game and all, but this is the first time I have ever said this about an EA Sport title...it seems that they actually care about this game. I will be picking it up on release day Tuesday (11/16) so look for my review if you are wondering about it!

[Image: thezeeman.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2010, 05:46 AM
RE: EA Sports Active 2.0
cool, looking forward to your review. Picking up my Kinect and a bunch of games this coming Thursday when it's released in Australia.

Regards,

Berva
11-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Excellent! You will love it, guaranteed!

11-16-2010, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2011 09:46 PM by legreffer.)
Ok just to update - I picked up EASA 2 on lunch, so it is in my possession, but I can't play it until I get out of work Smile

But I went to the store that I seen the accessories at by my work, and they had one additional thing. I looked at all the labels on the box, and this is what I discovered:

(1) Jump Rope - $15 - Only for PS3/Wii
(2) 2lb Dumb Weights - $15 - Only for Wii
(1) Step Board - $15 - Only for Wii
(1 pair) 1lb Weighted Boxing Gloves - $15 - Across all consoles
(2) 1lb Wrist/Ankle Weights - $15 - Across all consoles
(2) Push Up Bars - $15 - Across all consoles
(3) Resistance Bands - $15 - Across all consoles

Now some of them have the "console label" in french, but it has the word "Consoles" in it so I'm guessing it's for all 3. I think Wii and Playstation in french is the same as English. I'll put up pictures of each so if you are looking you know what look for. I only picked up the all consoles accessories. I also asked the Best Buy guy when I was there if they had any accessories for it, and he said no but pointed out that EA is making a "fitness bundle kit" available shortly. This is what it had and here's the link:

• Includes a 72" fitness mat, heavy and medium resistance bands, jump rope with interchangeable handles and two 1-lb. wrist/ankle weights

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/EA+Sports+-+...&cp=1&lp=8

So basically, what I am gathering from all of this, is EA is MILKING the hell out of people like me lol. Stay tuned later for my review, I'm really hoping spending all this $ is worth it!

11-24-2010, 10:44 PM
(11-16-2010 07:40 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Ok just to update - I picked up EASA 2 on lunch, so it is in my possession, but I can't play it until I get out of work Smile

But I went to the store that I seen the accessories at by my work, and they had one additional thing. I looked at all the labels on the box, and this is what I discovered:

(1) Jump Rope - $15 - Only for PS3/Wii
(2) 2lb Dumb Weights - $15 - Only for Wii
(1) Step Board - $15 - Only for Wii
(1 pair) 1lb Weighted Boxing Gloves - $15 - Across all consoles
(2) 1lb Wrist/Ankle Weights - $15 - Across all consoles
(2) Push Up Bars - $15 - Across all consoles
(3) Resistance Bands - $15 - Across all consoles

Now some of them have the "console label" in french, but it has the word "Consoles" in it so I'm guessing it's for all 3. I think Wii and Playstation in french is the same as English. I'll put up pictures of each so if you are looking you know what look for. I only picked up the all consoles accessories. I also asked the Best Buy guy when I was there if they had any accessories for it, and he said no but pointed out that EA is making a "fitness bundle kit" available shortly. This is what it had and here's the link:

• Includes a 72" fitness mat, heavy and medium resistance bands, jump rope with interchangeable handles and two 1-lb. wrist/ankle weights

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/EA+Sports+-+...3886&st=ea sports active&cp=1&lp=8

So basically, what I am gathering from all of this, is EA is MILKING the hell out of people like me lol. Stay tuned later for my review, I'm really hoping spending all this $ is worth it!

What accories should I buy then, i'm going to argos tomorrow to buy some, including a mat, dumbbells the push up things, anything else I need Zeeman ?
11-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Actually rumor that is floating around is EA is redesigning a special xbox version of the jumprope, step board and dumbbells. Everything else is supposed to be ok - it's not required in the game, but they definitely do make a difference!

11-25-2010, 02:42 AM
Let me know if you get the heart rate monitor to actually work. I had to return the game as I could not get it going for some reason. People at the store actually opened a brand new copy of the game and had the same problem.

Regards,

Berva
11-25-2010, 03:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2010 03:04 AM by TheZeeMan.)
That's wierd, mine works fine on my arm, but you have to get it like perfect I noticed. The wife has smaller arms and had this issue and you want it basically on or near the vein that hospitals take blood from. If you turn on the monitor, there are 2 green LEDs. These LEDs you want to position on that part. Warm yourself up first, like just jog in place or what not, so you body temperature warms up. It doesn't detect anything when your body temp is cold. Once you do this, you can feel around for your pulse, it's usually right below where your foream and arm muscle joint. You should be able to feel it after your blood gets pumping...the heartbeat monitor actually just takes your pulse, but converts it into a heartbeat rate. Kind of neat tech Smile

11-25-2010, 04:19 AM
Hey ZeeMan, I could not even get it to sync to my console. Like it would not sync up as a controller. Im assuming that's what it needs to do iniatially

Regards,

Berva
11-25-2010, 04:22 AM
Ohhh did you do the normal wireless connect button? If I recall correctly, I had a controller on first and then I synced the monitor.

11-25-2010, 04:39 AM
(11-25-2010 04:22 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Ohhh did you do the normal wireless connect button? If I recall correctly, I had a controller on first and then I synced the monitor.

yeah i tried everything to get it synced and it would not work. The guys at the store also tried to sync a brand new one out of the box on a new 360 and it also did not work.

Regards,

Berva
11-25-2010, 04:59 AM
Strange, I wonder if the austrailian ones are manufactured different the us ones?

12-03-2010, 04:45 AM
Some more news to those that have this game or want to add another player!

http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/store?Action=...=182641600

No ETA yet though. I am confused on the price though...they have it retail list at $59.99...but if you buy EASA 2 from their website, they are selling it for $69.99...and if you trade in EASA 2 still wrapped, you could probably get $30+ for it from gamestop....dunno, I guess it is a hassle just to make like $20...

12-03-2010, 05:32 AM
(12-03-2010 04:45 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Some more news to those that have this game or want to add another player!

No ETA yet though. I am confused on the price though...they have it retail list at $59.99...but if you buy EASA 2 from their website, they are selling it for $69.99...and if you trade in EASA 2 still wrapped, you could probably get $30+ for it from gamestop....dunno, I guess it is a hassle just to make like $20...

huh? I thought MSRP is $99.99...
12-03-2010, 06:06 AM
(12-03-2010 05:32 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  
(12-03-2010 04:45 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Some more news to those that have this game or want to add another player!

huh? I thought MSRP is $99.99...

Yeah it is, they have a promo price of $69.99 if you buy online through the EA store. They are trying to push it for some reason...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kinect Sports Season 2 dirtyvu 47 2,579 Today 03:13 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  Motion Sports Adrenaline first impressions wiggadun 6 416 10-31-2011 09:00 PM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Kinect Sports Leaderboards legreffer 8 34,885 10-29-2011 08:52 AM
Last Post: OMLeung
  Kinect Sports Leaderboards Archive mcb1ake 205 21,280 10-13-2011 04:55 PM
Last Post: legreffer
  Kinect Sports Easter Eggs, Tips & Tricks legreffer 30 13,167 10-10-2011 01:06 AM
Last Post: Mrzocor
  New Kinect sports game has me excited. ProjectNatalFan 1 667 09-16-2011 03:22 AM
Last Post: Mrzocor