We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

EA Sports Active 2 DLC!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EA Sports Active 2 DLC!
01-20-2011, 01:53 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2011 01:54 AM by TheZeeMan.)
EA Sports Active 2 DLC!
EASA 2 has new DLC available - Description from MS:

The EA Sports Active "Nike Low Impact Starter Pack" is a 2 week long fitness program that incorporates 5 new excercises that focus on lower impact fitness while building core stability, strength, and cardio endurance. Some excercises and activities have been simplified, to make them more approachable for low impact users. Your trainer eases you into excercise by incorporating a wide variety of warm up excercises and cool down stretches. You will strengthen your upper body with slower, controlled movement excercises, and eventually improve your cardio endurance and slowly increase them in duration.

Price - 400 MSP

If you haven't checked out EASA 2, I did a review on the game and the available accessories here and here.

I'm guessing they realized they created something that normal people can't do. I'm pretty fit and that game kicks your ass literally, so they took a different approach now, let's see what happens!

[Image: thezeeman.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2011, 11:13 AM
RE: EA Sports Active 2 DLC!
Cool stuff Big Grin, thanks Z. Will try to get this up on the frontpage too (when there's time) Tongue.

What made you not able to do some of the other stuff? What was hard about the EA Sports Active 2 exercises?

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Well it wants you to get your heart rate up to level 5 which is like 175-220bpms, that's typically when you are out of breath and can't talk because you are breathing so heavy. At that point to me, it's just ridiculous for a game lol but serious people will love it. To do so, it usually uses running or mountain biking, but your character on screen is running super slow unless you are running in place like crazy, then your character in-game moves a little bit and it's a race so you really have to run like crazy. It may be easier for younger folk but maybe I'm just getting old Tongue

02-14-2011, 04:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2011 04:13 AM by legreffer.)
They removed it because of problems Sad

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
02-15-2011, 04:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2011 01:41 AM by legreffer.)
Answer i received from a EA SPorts forum admin :

Quote:Hi guys,

The Low Impact Starter Pack is no longer available. Those who have purchased the Starter Pack will not lose their experience and will be able to continue using it.

-Issy-

EDIT : Ea support team send this answer to someone, it's in the PS3 forum but will probably be for all platfom
Quote:From: EA SPORTS Active [mailto:easactive@ea.com]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 3:55 PM
To: Scott
Subject: RE: Ask The Experts

Hi Scott,

We are currently reviewing the program add-ons so check our website and facebook for future updates.

Thanks,
EAS Active Team

02-18-2011, 08:39 PM
According to a EA developer from their forum :

_EASActive_Chris Wrote:Hi Meryle24,

No additional exercise packs will be available for EA SPORTS Active 2 in the future. We are currently working on fixing all the tech issues with EASA 2 to make this a better experience.

Cheers.

That's a bad news, but at least they are working on issues.

02-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Yeah there's issue with the floor exercises...

02-21-2011, 10:14 PM
I got this DLC during the short time it was available. I went through the whole program without any real problems and was very surprise when they made it disappear. I have also worked some of the new exercises that came with it onto my own custom workouts. Everything I've tried works just fine.

[Image: AuntieParticle.png]
Life is in the details, don't miss a thing Smile
02-22-2011, 03:31 PM
(02-21-2011 10:14 PM)AuntieParticle Wrote:  I got this DLC during the short time it was available. I went through the whole program without any real problems and was very surprise when they made it disappear. I have also worked some of the new exercises that came with it onto my own custom workouts. Everything I've tried works just fine.

Heya AuntieParticle,

I think they removed it because the DLC didn't appear on some people's game...

What do you think about this DLC, do you like it ? Are exercises are different from those in the game ? Are they too easy ?

02-22-2011, 06:16 PM
There are a few new exercises. There was a list of them in The EASA2 forum but that thread seems to have disappeared along with the download. I remember 2 new upper body exercises: Front Shoulder Raises and Narrow Shoulder Presses.

I enjoyed the Nike program. The most notable thing was that there was no jumping or Mountain Biking in the program. But there was still a good amount of running and I think it was an over all good workout. I had decided to get it because I was having some difficulty with my knees when I first tried the 9 week program. I have been completely flat footed all my life and the floor I exercise on is very hard. So the lower impact seemed like a good idea at the time.

Since then I have gotten myself a good pair of fitness shoes and was able to complete the Cardio Kickstart program without any problem. So I feel confident that I'll be able to do the 9 week program now as well. Smile

[Image: AuntieParticle.png]
Life is in the details, don't miss a thing Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ea sports active 2 multiplayer ywith 7 4,165 01-24-2011 03:59 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  EA Active 2 $39.99 at Newegg.com today ambushbug 3 1,900 01-23-2011 01:34 AM
Last Post: Clemens
  EA Sports Active 2.0 TheZeeMan 15 4,853 12-28-2010 03:24 PM
Last Post: mjr