We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

Fantastic Pets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fantastic Pets
04-08-2011, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2011 10:09 PM by dirtyvu.)
Fantastic Pets
saw a comment in the Kinect Sports Guinness World Records news article mentioning the Fantastic Pets demo is out.

am downloading right now. clocks in at over 400 MB. much smaller than the Kinectimals demo which was like 1.4 GB.
just finished playing the Fantastic Pets demo. wow. the game surprised me. it was pretty cool for a short demo. the augmented reality is really nice. you see yourself in the room and the pet is running around. so you do motions like in Kinectimals and the pet will follow your orders. I can't effuse enough about how cool it was to be in the same room as the pet. And it'll take pictures of you playing with your pet. More Kinect games should do augmented reality!

and they put these glowing things over your hands so when you move around, the light trails around. but the surprising thing is when you put your hands in your pockets, the game still knows your hands are there in your pockets even though they're not visible and puts the sparkly glowing things over your pockets.

it also has an augmented reality game where you're hitting pinatas. and it's not just in a 2D plane like an Eyetoy game. there are some pinatas in front of you and behind you. I didn't realize this until I was swinging on not hitting them. So if you think you're used to this stuff because of Eyetoy, it takes a bit of adjustment.

And there's a ball toss game (not augmented reality) where you throw the ball through some rings for points and your animal retrieves it. It's more fun than the ball fetch thing in Kinectimals which was just tossing the ball and the cat retrieving it.

the graphics aren't amazing like Kinectimals but the game seems more fun. I didn't really play Kinectimals (only played the demo) so it wouldn't be fair for me to judge it. But I think kids will definitely like Fantastic Pets more. It seems easier for kids to control too. Some things in Kinectimals requires a person to read or to understand the characters English accent which is tough for the little kids.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2011, 04:10 PM
RE: Fantastic Pets
That's good to hear. I'll play the demo tonight and add it to my Gamefly queue if I like it.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply