We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

Fruit Ninja

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fruit Ninja
06-21-2011, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2011 08:38 PM by dirtyvu.)
Fruit Ninja
definitely picking this up for the Kinect since it's XBLA, meaning cheap. Big Grin

a new Fruit Ninja interview:

long gameplay from E3 (even showing multiplayer);

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2011, 10:32 PM
RE: Fruit Ninja
I like how it's XBLA so I shall probably get it. My guess is that it will be 800msp. Maybe 1200?

[Image: Tomfaace.jpg]
06-21-2011, 11:54 PM
(06-21-2011 10:32 PM)Tomface Wrote:  I like how it's XBLA so I shall probably get it. My guess is that it will be 800msp. Maybe 1200?

i read somewhere it'll be 800 points but can't find a link at the moment.

but who knows. popcap games charged a ton for the xbla version of plants vs. zombies. it was different enough from the pc and iphone version but I don't know about different enough to justify the big increase in price. i jumped in on that game when it went on sale (yes, i love pvz and i admit it).

06-22-2011, 05:11 AM
Great! I love Fruit Ninja on my iPhone so this is mint

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-24-2011, 02:48 AM

loving pretty awesome...

06-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Simple but how cool Big Grin

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
08-08-2011, 08:03 PM
hands-on previews are scoring mighty well.

here's a couple gameplay vids:

08-09-2011, 02:10 AM
(06-24-2011 02:48 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  

loving pretty awesome...

pause at 0:11 seconds the water melon turns into a pot leaf.
08-12-2011, 08:19 PM
just finished the demo and wow. that's some great stuff. at first, I was conservative and did poorly on my first try, missing fruit. but once I let go and swung like a ninja, it was awesome. I was deftly navigating between bombs. Got a couple 6-fruit combos. Unleashed a few bananas to rachet things up.

Man! I can't wait for The Gunstringer to come out so I can slice some fruit!!!

And man, that is an intense few minutes of Fruit Ninja. I was seriously sweating.

08-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Picked it up last night and it is so addictive. My arm was a little sore today. Even my 3 year old was playing it (should of seen him chopping away...so cute) Anyway, I would say it's worth the 800 points.

[Image: UndgnfiedWrshpr.png]
08-17-2011, 03:34 AM
Exclamation Fruit Jedi!
Check out this guy using 2 lightsabers! Big Grin Now Kinect Star Wars HAS to include object tracking, at least optionally!

08-17-2011, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2011 03:37 AM by 360.)
Perhaps I'm alone here, but I just feel like this game is not at all worth $10US. Granted I only played the demo, but I have the full game on android and thought $3 for the "HD version" was already too much. It's fun for a few minutes no doubt, but I just can't see myself coming back to this enough to warrant a $10 purchase (especially when the original is only a dollar).

...perhaps it could be fun for a little while again when people come by, but even then it seems like 15-20 minutes tops and then most would want to be on to something else.

At a $10 price point an 8 out of 10 seems a tad on the high side for the review, but to each his/her own. I can't wait until kinect goes to the indie market, so then we could probably get some type of an equivalent for a tenth of the price.
...in fact, the only reason I want to get this game right now is because I'm getting all the other "Summer of Arcade" games and kinda want the free bonus game you get for purchasing all of them (although I'd definitely prefer MS points like the past "Summer of Arcade" deals).

..we'll see.

-----------------------------------
Cypher Infinitum
http://www.cichi.com
08-17-2011, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2011 03:54 AM by Corellianrogue.)
(08-17-2011 03:35 AM)360 Wrote:  Perhaps I'm alone here, but I just feel like this game is not at all worth $10US. Granted I only played the demo, but I have the full game on android and thought $3 for the "HD version" was already too much. It's fun for a few minutes no doubt, but I just can't see myself coming back to this enough to warrant a $10 purchase (especially when the original is only a dollar).

...perhaps it could be fun for a little while again when people come by, but even then it seems like 15-20 minutes tops and then most would want to be on to something else.

At a $10 price point an 8 out of 10 seems a tad on the high side for the review, but to each his/her own. I can't wait until kinect goes to the indie market, so then we could probably get some type of an equivalent for a tenth of the price.
...in fact, the only reason I want to get this game right now is because I'm getting all the other "Summer of Arcade" games and kinda want the free bonus game you get for purchasing all of them (although I'd definitely prefer MS points like the past "Summer of Arcade" deals).

..we'll see.

Using your body instantly makes the game different and "bigger" than just using your finger surely? I'm not too bothered though because I'm just getting it free with The Gunstringer anyway, lol!
09-15-2011, 09:44 PM
I just played this for an hour, trying to beat my friend's score. 3 points shy!!!!!! argh!!!!! i'm drenched in sweat and I can't friggin beat his score. For those that think this is the same as the phone version, you really need to experience this. it feels so different when you actually get to use your whole body.

A couple tips too:
1) move closer to the kinect. it makes your silhouette bigger and it makes it much easier to swipe the fruit. it's by far the closest kinect game. I think I was standing 3 feet away.
2) have measured swipes. don't go spastic. your swings and scores will be more accurate and you'll get huge 6 hit combos and maybe more
3) don't slice fruit right away. wait for them to be on the same plane and slice all at once.

09-16-2011, 01:13 AM
Question RE: Fruit Ninja
(09-15-2011 09:44 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  I just played this for an hour, trying to beat my friend's score. 3 points shy!!!!!! argh!!!!! i'm drenched in sweat and I can't friggin beat his score. For those that think this is the same as the phone version, you really need to experience this. it feels so different when you actually get to use your whole body.

A couple tips too:
1) move closer to the kinect. it makes your silhouette bigger and it makes it much easier to swipe the fruit. it's by far the closest kinect game. I think I was standing 3 feet away.
2) have measured swipes. don't go spastic. your swings and scores will be more accurate and you'll get huge 6 hit combos and maybe more
3) don't slice fruit right away. wait for them to be on the same plane and slice all at once.

Have you tried it with lightsabers/swords/sticks yet? I'm so trying that as soon as I get it! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fruit Ninja #4 most popular of all XBLA titles dirtyvu 0 48 01-09-2012 03:39 AM
Last Post: dirtyvu