We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Hack: Space Invaders Kinect

04-23-2011, 01:21 PM
It's always fun to replay some of those old classic games (at least I think it is, since I grew up with them), but being able to play them with Kinect makes it even more fun. Space Invaders was made possible for Kinect by some French guys. Check out the video after the jump.
Space Invaders Kinect
Remember Space Invaders? The classical arcade game from 1978? Well good chance that you played some version of it, since there have been countless remakes (check out this huge list). The very very old version of Space Invaders was made possible for Kinect by means of a Kinect hack. Check out the video below:

The cool thing is that since these old games are so simple it's not a whole lot of work to map their existing controls to work with Kinect. When the official Windows Kinect SDK comes out I expect a whole lot of these classic games to be made compatible with Kinect. Good times for Kinect are coming!

From 123 Kinect Article: Hack: Space Invaders Kinect
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

NOTE: Responding to threads is only done through Disqus in the Kinect News forum - to keep it in sync with he frontpage comments (no registration required):

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Portal 2 controlled with Kinect (hack) Clemens 0 665 05-01-2011 11:48 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  Kinect Adventures includes Online Multiplayer, Space Pop and 20,000 Leaks Clemens 0 769 04-25-2011 05:20 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  This is NOT a hack: WorldWide Telescope with Kinect SDK Istran 0 1,005 04-13-2011 04:34 PM
Last Post: Istran
  Hack: Kinect takes a step back and plays DDR Istran 0 679 03-11-2011 11:31 PM
  Hack: Hole in the Wall for Kinect Istran 0 725 03-09-2011 12:32 AM
  Hack: Kinect as tv remote replacement Istran 0 1,302 03-07-2011 10:18 AM