• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Halo CE Anniversary
08-20-2011, 08:46 AM
Halo CE Anniversary

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Exclamation RE: Which Halo version should I play?
I thought I'd post this here as I couldn't find any other Halo threads. Halo Anniversary will be in 3D! (If you have a 3DTV that is.) Also the Warthog will be in Forza 4, although it sounds like it will only be in Autovista mode so you can't race with it. Sad

http://majornelson.com/2011/08/26/news-from-halo-fest/
08-26-2011, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2011 05:50 PM by dirtyvu.)
[split] Which Halo version should I play?
(08-26-2011 05:31 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  I thought I'd post this here as I couldn't find any other Halo threads. Halo Anniversary will be in 3D! (If you have a 3DTV that is.) Also the Warthog will be in Forza 4, although it sounds like it will only be in Autovista mode so you can't race with it. Sad

http://majornelson.com/2011/08/26/news-from-halo-fest/

08-26-2011, 07:20 PM
RE: Which Halo version should I play?

08-26-2011, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2011 08:58 PM by legreffer.)
RE: Halo CE Anniversary
I created a Halo CEA thread and moved posts from the "Which version of Halo should I play?" here
Kinect support will be showed at Pax this weekend Big Grin

"As we closed our notebooks and retrieved our bags, Ayoub told us to look out for 343 and the Anniversary Edition at PAX Prime this weekend, where they'll be showing off new multiplayer maps and, most excitingly, the oft-rumored Kinect support which will be given a full on unveiling"

http://www.dealspwn.com/halo-combat-evol...ries-75394
10-18-2011, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2011 12:00 AM by dirtyvu.)

this video shows everything! and the kinect functionality as well. the analyze feature looks cool!

10-19-2011, 12:36 AM
Sorry but voice is kind of lame. They could of done this with a headset years ago back when we all wore them.

[Image: thezeeman.png]
10-19-2011, 12:45 AM
I can't wait to finally meet Master Chief (I only played Reach so far).

So what are the terminals and the library thing? Were they in the original?

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
10-19-2011, 12:46 AM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2011 12:48 AM by TheZeeMan.)
Actually I need to expand that comment, they did use headset voice technology, I remember Tom Clancy's End War used it, it was cool at first, but then got old. Just because Kinect doesn't require a headset doesn't mean it's cooler than it was before. Tongue
(10-19-2011 12:45 AM)legreffer Wrote:  I can't wait to finally meet Master Chief (I only played Reach so far).

Yeah it's all in the original, they just updated it for 360...the terminals you used like once or twice, and it was too much reading so no one ended up finding them all lol but supposably in this one, the terminals reveal what happens between Halo 3 and Halo 4...as well as the achievements, so you kind of want to find them all.

Thanks given by: legreffer
10-19-2011, 12:52 AM
(10-19-2011 12:46 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Actually I need to expand that comment, they did use headset voice technology, I remember Tom Clancy's End War used it, it was cool at first, but then got old. Just because Kinect doesn't require a headset doesn't mean it's cooler than it was before. Tongue
(10-19-2011 12:45 AM)legreffer Wrote:  I can't wait to finally meet Master Chief (I only played Reach so far).

Yeah it's all in the original, they just updated it for 360...the terminals you used like once or twice, and it was too much reading so no one ended up finding them all lol but supposably in this one, the terminals reveal what happens between Halo 3 and Halo 4...as well as the achievements, so you kind of want to find them all.

I thought Kinect was going to be used with the terminals? Oh well, hopefully Halo 4 will be fully Kinect compatible, or at least have a lot more Kinect functions.
10-19-2011, 12:54 AM
Not that I heard of, I have Halo Waypoint on my phone and there's all kinds of exclusive stuff on it, but there's nothing about Kinect going beyond voice commands.

10-19-2011, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2011 01:07 AM by legreffer.)
(10-19-2011 12:46 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  

So it's like the collectibles in Gears of war which add to the story? And library is where you can browse them?

10-19-2011, 01:31 AM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2011 01:48 AM by dirtyvu.)
(10-19-2011 12:54 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Not that I heard of, I have Halo Waypoint on my phone and there's all kinds of exclusive stuff on it, but there's nothing about Kinect going beyond voice commands.

the analyze mode for the library is Kinect only.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/71...-revealed/

Here's the full details of Halo's Kinect integration:

Analyze Mode – Analyze Mode is a Kinect-exclusive feature that allows players to “scan” items of interest within the “Halo: Anniversary” campaign to populate the Library, an interactive encyclopedia of “Halo” lore. Once in Analyze mode, new articles of interest can be added to the Library by focusing the reticule on them and saying “Scan.”

The Library – The Library is an expansive index that provides detailed information on items of interest players have scanned through “Analyze Mode,” such as vehicles, characters, enemies and weapons. Through the use of gesture controls, players can explore the entire Library at any time and then return to the campaign to continue unlocking more secrets within the “Halo” universe.

Voice Commands – Harness the technology of Kinect for Xbox 360 to reload your weapon, throw grenades, switch seamlessly between Classic and Remastered graphics and more, using only your voice.

the terminals were not in the original Halo game. they were added in for the Anniversary game to hook into Halo 4. If you play Anniversary with the old style graphics, you won't even have access to the terminals even if you know the location.

it was hard to google information about the terminals but I found this:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Halo-Anni...2567.shtml

"According to O'Connor, the terminals won't be hidden in nooks and crannies, requiring sharp observation skills or anything like that. Instead, they'll only be visible to those who play in the Anniversary mode, with remastered graphics and extra features.

"We're not going to make them crazy Easter egg difficulty to find; it's a much more approachable," O'Connor revealed. "We want people to enjoy the story and get more out of the game. So we're making them fairly simple to find in the Regular difficulty -- they might be a bit harder to find on the other difficulties."

"But one of the ways to find them is to switch to Anniversary mode -- which in itself makes it a bit more than just an aesthetic switch to a real gameplay thing."

In classic mode, the terminals will look like any old computer, and can't be activated even if you know their exact location."

the terminals and library is all new. don't confuse the library levels of Halo (well, if you never played the original, there's no confusion) with the new library function.

I'm confused on whether normal gamers can even access the library because in order to use the library, you need the Analyze feature and the analyze feature is Kinect only. People are complaining that they don't want to buy a Kinect to use the Library so maybe the Library is a Kinect exclusive. maybe things are already unlocked in the library when you don't have a Kinect?

Thanks given by: legreffer
10-19-2011, 01:54 AM
Ha oops your right, I was thinking of Halo 3 Tongue Yeah terminals are new to Halo 1, but not 3.

10-27-2011, 05:59 PM
(10-19-2011 01:31 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  I'm confused on whether normal gamers can even access the library because in order to use the library, you need the Analyze feature and the analyze feature is Kinect only. People are complaining that they don't want to buy a Kinect to use the Library so maybe the Library is a Kinect exclusive. maybe things are already unlocked in the library when you don't have a Kinect?

343 answered it:

eurogamer.net Wrote:Halo Anniversary's Kinect features were outed at New York Comic Con last week, and introduce voice commands to the game as well as 'Analyse Mode', in which players can scan playable areas and unlock content in an in-game library. Both features are exclusive to Kinect.

"One of the things we did was make sure that there's no achievements associated with Kinect," said Ries when asked about the upset the features had caused amongst some fans, "As far as the content goes, it is all available online. You can get it all on Waypoint."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Information Kinect Anniversary Celebration Corellianrogue 12 668 10-25-2011 01:50 AM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Halo Anniversary's Kinect functionality KoreVirus 0 192 10-16-2011 09:27 AM
Last Post: KoreVirus