everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Heavy Fire: Afghan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2011, 05:40 AM
Well...I have a new release date of Feb. 23rd from gamefly. Looked elsewhere to confirm...can't confirm it, but some other unsettling things...I checked amazon, http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Fire-Afghani...B004L5SJ4O

$20 price tag and no longer kinect...I can't seem to confirm the kinect detail though, however the price is $20 at all stores, these 2 are local:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Heavy+Fire%3...ku=2759181

http://www.target.com/p/Heavy-Fire-Afgha...A-13713797

Kind of sucks but oh well, better to not give Kinect a bad rep with it because it probably will suck Tongue

[Image: thezeeman.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2011, 06:39 AM
RE: Heavy Fire: Afghan
Maybe they saw Blackwater in action and thought "Oh crap, we're screwed!" Lol! Tongue(That's if it was just a lightgun game like the Wii prequels.) Still weird though because they could have at least just made it "Better with Kinect" since they're still releasing it on the Xbox 360 anyway.
09-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Yeah I don't see any quality titles from them, so it could be total crap.

09-14-2011, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2011 01:21 PM by Corellianrogue.)
Exclamation RE: Heavy Fire: Afghan
I posted this in the news comments but I thought it was worth posting here too. I think the reason they cancelled Kinect support is because it's now going to come with a lightgun so they decided that Kinect wasn't needed. If you do a search on (US) Amazon.com for "Heavy Fire Afghanistan" the list of games that appear include this title for the Xbox 360 version: "Heavy Fire: Afghanistan w/Peripheral Gun"

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?f...ps&x=0&y=0

Edit: I just thought, it's possible that it might be changed to "Better With Kinect" by the time it comes out, as originally it was "Kinect Required" so obviously people without Kinect couldn't play it, and there'll be a pack that doesn't include the lightgun so it's cheaper and you can just play it with Kinect instead of a joypad.
09-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Hmm maybe, if they made a gun like cabela's that'd be cool, but that also makes me nervous, how many freaking guns are we going to need to play games...someone needs to invent a universal one like the old/first nintendo light gun I think was universal with all the nintendo games...

09-14-2011, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2011 04:31 PM by Corellianrogue.)
RE: Heavy FiAfghan
(09-14-2011 03:18 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Hmm maybe, if they made a gun like cabela's that'd be cool, but that also makes me nervous, how many freaking guns are we going to need to play games...someone needs to invent a universal one like the old/first nintendo light gun I think was universal with all the nintendo games...

Lightguns used to always be universal. My first (well, my family's first as it was the family's console) console was a Binatone that came with a lightgun so I've played lightgun games since I remember, lol! The lightgun game that came with (built-in, along with the rest of the games) the Binatone was just a white square moving around a black screen that you had to shoot, lol!
By the way, did you see in the Amazon forum that somebody asked if the gun was DLC? LMAO! I know the Xbox 360 is great but it can't create physical objects you've downloaded, lol! Tongue
09-14-2011, 04:32 PM
LOL I'm hoping the cabela gun works with those balls or whatever, if so, I think there would only be one more make and that would be the one with the thumbstick for precision whatever, hopefully that will be the only gun we need...However, I can see a whole big market explode if the gun works for CoD and other war games for that matter, because peeps will want realism so we will be able to have replicas of their real counterparts but hopefully that's quite a few years down the road lol

09-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Information RE: Heavy FiAfghan
(09-14-2011 04:32 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  LOL I'm hoping the cabela gun works with those balls or whatever, if so, I think there would only be one more make and that would be the one with the thumbstick for precision whatever, hopefully that will be the only gun we need...However, I can see a whole big market explode if the gun works for CoD and other war games for that matter, because peeps will want realism so we will be able to have replicas of their real counterparts but hopefully that's quite a few years down the road lol

The problem is that the replicas would have to be like purple and orange or whatever because of the stupid laws about toy guns now. AngryI don't understand it because if people wanted to use a toy gun to threaten people then they could just paint it the right colours. And if they totally banned realistically shaped toy guns then anybody wanting a realistic looking gun could just make one out of wood or something, lol!
10-21-2011, 09:49 PM
It won't be release on xbox anymore Huh
(It looks like they never released a game on xbox)

http://www.mastiff-games.com/

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
10-21-2011, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2011 09:54 PM by TheZeeMan.)
LOL I don't know what's up with this game, there's no release dates on any, and I still see pre-orders for the xbox version. It probably would of been garbage anyway Tongue
Wierd, amazon has a price of $49.99 now...maybe they are making a Kinect version?

10-22-2011, 12:47 AM
Information RE: Heavy FiAfghan
(10-21-2011 09:49 PM)legreffer Wrote:  It won't be release on xbox anymore Huh
(It looks like they never released a game on xbox)

http://www.mastiff-games.com/

I know it doesn't show an Xbox 360 box but it does say "Coming soon to all major consoles" and since the Xbox 360 is 2nd in the world that means it's more major than the PS3 which has its game box shown, lol! Judging by Amazon the Xbox 360 version sounds like it comes with a lightgun, maybe Mastiff just haven't got the new Xbox 360 box art ready for their own website yet?
10-22-2011, 01:14 AM
Not sure, I emailed them asking them wtf is going on with their game lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Wink I can't wait for Heavy Fire CheeseMunchy 4 2,135 03-07-2011 03:43 PM
Last Post: Corellianrogue