everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Hi!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi!
07-02-2011, 12:40 AM
Hi!
Just wanted to say hello, I'm new to the forum but have been reading for the past week or so. I decided to register today because I had to say I really enjoy the reviews!

Right now I mainly play Dance Central but Zumba Fitness should be here tomorrow. I've been practicing on the demo and decided I had to buy it. Also the review I read on here (with the awesome gameplay video) sold me. Possibly will be ordering EA Sports Active 2, iffy on that right now.

So far I have lost 2 dress sizes using DC along with watching my caloric intake. This is my 3rd week having my HeartKinect. I'm hoping Zumba brings something different. Also, I'm hoping to find a Zumba party to join on XBL, if anyone hosts any please add me! Though I live on the East Coast, I am a night owl so I do most of my Kinect'ing around midnight - 6 am EDT. I can also come on earlier, just seems it would be fun to Zumba with others.

Anyhow I'm looking forward to reading some more and possibly joining in on the WL forums. Take care! Cool

gamertag: point blankie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2011, 02:06 PM
RE: Hi!
Heya point Blankie! Welcome to our Kinect forums Big Grin, good to know you like the reviews. That's why we gather them. Great to hear you were already able to lose some weight using Kinect's games. Keep it up!

Unfortunately I don't play Zumba Fitness, but for those who do I'd suggest they add your gamertag Wink.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2011, 06:37 PM
(07-02-2011 12:40 AM)pointBlankie Wrote:  Just wanted to say hello, I'm new to the forum but have been reading for the past week or so. I decided to register today because I had to say I really enjoy the reviews!

Right now I mainly play Dance Central but Zumba Fitness should be here tomorrow. I've been practicing on the demo and decided I had to buy it. Also the review I read on here (with the awesome gameplay video) sold me. Possibly will be ordering EA Sports Active 2, iffy on that right now.

So far I have lost 2 dress sizes using DC along with watching my caloric intake. This is my 3rd week having my HeartKinect. I'm hoping Zumba brings something different. Also, I'm hoping to find a Zumba party to join on XBL, if anyone hosts any please add me! Though I live on the East Coast, I am a night owl so I do most of my Kinect'ing around midnight - 6 am EDT. I can also come on earlier, just seems it would be fun to Zumba with others.

Anyhow I'm looking forward to reading some more and possibly joining in on the WL forums. Take care! Cool

gamertag: point blankie

I have Zumba. Add me to your friends list! Big Grin
gamertag: onlysublime

Lanafire7 also has Zumba so maybe we can get a 3-player session going some time.

[Image: onlysublime.png]
07-07-2011, 02:34 PM
My wife and I have been attending Zumba classes at our local gym for a few months and love it. We are seriously debating on whether we should get it for the Kinect. I haven't researched the game, but could one of you educate me on what Zumba Party is on XBL? Is it simply a multi-player mode?

We do have EA Sports Active 2 and while I do enjoy the graphics more on EASA2, I felt like I received more of a workout with Your Shape: Fitness Evolved. It seemed like it just took forever to get into the actual routine with EASA2, but then again that's my perception. If your goal is weight loss, Zumba, YS:FE, and EASA2 will help you immensely.
07-07-2011, 08:07 PM
(07-07-2011 02:34 PM)humblewarfare Wrote:  My wife and I have been attending Zumba classes at our local gym for a few months and love it. We are seriously debating on whether we should get it for the Kinect. I haven't researched the game, but could one of you educate me on what Zumba Party is on XBL? Is it simply a multi-player mode?

Hey! Well from what I've been able to tell... the XBL multi-player allows you to play with other XBL gold members. Zumba Party is the mode you play to unlock routines and different backgrounds to dance in. The XBL part is more like working out and being able to talk to others if you want. I've only been able to join a group once and all but one of us were muted. I wasn't sure but I thought I could see their silhouettes dancing on the screens in the back but I was so busy trying to keep up with the instructor, I couldn't really tell.

The options are either to join a workout session or a single routine. If you join a session already in progress it will add you in to the fun after the water break.

So far the only way I have been able to get on a group is to use the quick match function. I also play late in the evening so maybe that's a reason I've been so unlucky. Going to try for an earlier time this weekend to see how it goes.

If you have friends on XBL with the game, you can host a session and work out together. I'm trying to convince some friends to buy the game now Smile
07-07-2011, 09:49 PM
I'll try to send you an invite sometime. Your lateness actually helps me out since I'm on the west coast so my 9pm-10pm runs into your midnight-1am session.

The few times I was able to join a group was an adventure since these people are hard core and they were picking some really intense workouts. I felt like I was flailing since I didn't know the dance and I'd always be a couple steps behind.

[Image: onlysublime.png]
07-08-2011, 02:09 AM
That sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Hopefully, we will be able to get the game here soon.