everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

How to dismiss gesture tracking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-13-2012, 08:02 AM
So I'll be watching Hulu/Netflix or navigating the dashboard and my hand or knee will accidentally trip the sensor into thinking I'm waving. Then, it watches me and tries to track my movement, making a simple gesture like scratching my nose fast forward me to the end of an episode. I've tried everything - walking out of sight, sitting really still, and it just keeps watching and picking up on every minute move and translating it into some command I don't want and I can't get it to stop without leaving the app.

I'm a little confused by how difficult it's been to find help online for this. Is there no simple way to be like, "thanks Kinect, you can stop now" because it's driving me nuts. Please help - I feel like I'm missing something really simple.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Information RE: How to dismiss gesture tracking
Well mine just goes off if I rest my hands on my lap or arms of the chair for a little while and the waving hand icon appears so I would have to wave to activate Kinect again. Then again I haven't tried all the apps so maybe that doesn't happen on them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tracking Changes Won't Save XBOX AZ 6 705 02-27-2012 06:49 AM
Last Post: Jersmall
  Tracking issues Mclmar 14 3,523 11-22-2011 09:02 PM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
Question Kinect Hand Tracking Orientation foreverflash 4 3,539 06-22-2011 06:22 PM
Last Post: amillermba
  Kinect Tuner: Tracking and Audio legreffer 2 10,054 02-16-2011 07:36 PM
Last Post: UndgnfiedWrshpr