everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

I am ready for a new Kinect game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-21-2011, 11:10 AM
I need some help. I am getting bored with the games I have. So I was wondering which Kinect game should I get?

Here's my choices:
  1. Michael Jackson - The Experience
  2. Virtua Tennis 4
  3. Carnival
  4. Yoostar 2

Or should I just hold off and just wait a little longer?

The reason why I need help, I'm on the fence with these games. I have read the reviews here and well. I am getting mixed feelings. I am leaning more toward VT4.

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2011, 01:08 PM
RE: I am ready for a new Kinect game
I own Carnival and I didn't played since I reviewed it, the kinect is working well and it's a load of fun but you get bored quickly.

I don't know much about Yoostar and I'm not attracted by this game.

MJTE looks very good, I really love all that MJ did, but not enough to buy this game, maybe if it gets in sale...

Now the one that interested me the most, VT4. It was in my amazon basket for 3 days, but after reading reviews, I was very disapointed about the limited implentation of the kinect. I wanted to play tennis controller-free and VT4 don't seems to be the answer SadBut this is a good game if you are not looking for a kinect game only.

So I'm personally waiting for these 3 next games:
- Kung Fu Panda 2 which will be released in 3 days, read previews
- PowerUP Heroes (June 14) gameplays
- Child of eden (June 14)

I hope it will help you Smile

[Image: legreffer.png]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
05-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Legreffer - That was where I was hoping VT4 would be a free kinect controller base game. Not controller and Kinect. I am right there with your disappointment on this game as well. I not ready to get another game that was ported over from another console. They don't do well for us. I may want to hold off and wait.

But I am a big MJ Fan....so I am not counting this game out.

05-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Information RE: I am ready for a new Kinect game
(05-21-2011 01:25 PM)meistroracer Wrote:  Legreffer - That was where I was hoping VT4 would be a free kinect controller base game. Not controller and Kinect. I am right there with your disappointment on this game as well. I not ready to get another game that was ported over from another console. They don't do well for us. I may want to hold off and wait.

But I am a big MJ Fan....so I am not counting this game out.

I'd say definitely get Michael Jackson: The Experience if you're a fan. I still haven't got around to playing Virtua Tennis 4 with the joypad (I'm playing L.A. Noire at the moment) but if you go by not only the reviews but also previous games then it should be amazing so definitely worth getting too. If you buy it just for the Kinect mode you might be disappointed though unless you can get the hang of using timing to direct your shots left or right. You have to swing early to hit the ball left and swing late to hit the ball right. I still don't understand why they did that, it makes no sense! I worked out that it doesn't even make sense for the Move version either because they could have used the glowing ball (apparently it's deactivated in VT4 Undecided) and had your shot going in the direction that you're pointing the wand at the end of the swing or just the angle that the wand is facing while you're swinging but they didn't even do that! Having said that it's not hard to play in general (although might be for the minigames in "Party Mode", I haven't tried that yet) as you can still win even if you don't even bother trying to do the timing thing and just concentrate on hitting the ball well with top spin and back spin and doing smashes and all that. Remember Child Of Eden is out in a few weeks as well so if you like Rez you should like that too.
05-21-2011, 10:49 PM
you dont have kinect sports????

get it.
05-22-2011, 12:41 AM
(05-21-2011 10:49 PM)Jersmall Wrote:  you dont have kinect sports????

get it.

Yes he owns it, in fact he's in the leaderboards, and he's a good bowling player if I remember well Wink

[Image: legreffer.png]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
05-22-2011, 04:19 PM
(05-21-2011 10:49 PM)Jersmall Wrote:  you dont have kinect sports????

get it.

I have not gone back to that game for awhile, but I'm about ready too.

05-22-2011, 08:48 PM
oh right i kind of read that wrong i thought it was a list of games you already had.. lol

and yes i remember you on the high scores of course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Question: Which Game??? McBaseball37 12 688 03-28-2011 02:29 PM
Last Post: Ace12me
  Recording your game play meistroracer 9 656 03-16-2011 07:13 PM
Last Post: dirtyvu